mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Apartment Change

Vigilance

Level 1
IGN: BillyBatson_
DATE: 10/4/21
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

A friend and I have recently (finally) acquired an apartment, only to find a serious, and now expensive, flaw. The friend that rented the apartment wanted me to decorate it, but I cannot. The only option we are left with is having him un-rent the apartment so I can rent it. This means the money he put into it, $150,000, has gone to waste.

There are a few ways of fixing this issue, I'm not sure which would be best server-wise, but seeing at least one of them implemented would be a great improvement, as it would fix this issue.

Solution 1: Allow people who are added (or added in a special way) to enter build mode for the apartment.
Solution 2: Allow an apartment owner to transfer ownership to another player, allowing that player to keep the apartment for the rest of the rented duration until it runs out or they renew it.
Solution 3: Allow the apartment owner to unrent the apartment & get their money back, based on how many months extra they rented for. (For example, if I rent 2 months & spend 50,000 for each month, and only lived in it for 1 or fewer months, I would get 50,000 back because I never lived in it for the second month.)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This will benefit the community by allowing its members to avoid the same issue that we have run into. It will make it more friend-group friendly if more than one person has the ability to edit the apartment (whether it be via allowing multiple people to edit it, or allowing the ownership to transfer so someone else can build).

Thank you for taking the time to read this & considering a solution to the issue.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- We can look into adding a system to allow players who the apartment owner allows to use edit mode, however it's not a priority as of now.
- Adding an ownership transfer command would cause further issues to the lack of apartments available to the public & Could be easily abused, so unfortunately this won't be possible.
- A refund system has been added to the trello, but it'll be a very small percentage of the rent you're returned.​

Users who are viewing this thread