QueenAdelia

Level 4
QueenAdelia
QueenAdelia
Omega+
IGN: QueenAdelia
DATE: 10/09/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Add a command like /apartment sell (amount) (player) to sell the ownership for the remaining time you have on rent.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
When you have to "sell" a apartment you actually have to first disown the apartment to let the other person buy it. That can lead to a potential lost of money for both parts(depending of the cost of the rent that could be from 10k to 250k more or less) using this command you will skip that tedious part making the buyer save some cash and increasing the selling price. For example: If i want to sell my apartment(50k) for 70k and someone is interested on it, that someone have to actually add the extra cash for the apartment rent making him pay a total of 120k. But with this command it would be more simple to increase a bit the prize(for example like 90k) and just sell it directly to that person. (Try my best to explain it, way hard when your native is not english, sorry for that).

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
neutral/-1
This will only make sense if you realistically OWNED the apartment not rent which means you also OWN the entire building.

Lizalopod

Level 130
neutral/-1
This will only make sense if you realistically OWNED the apartment not rent which means you also OWN the entire building.
This ^

selling apartments icly like we do on srp anywhere else would probably get you arrested lol, since you technically don't own em. Regardless of in character implications tho, it's not rlly that necessary

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
neutral/-1

Though this is a cool idea, I agree with the posts above. This would only make sense for houses but then that'd be one of those seriously unnecessary situations. It would probably be just a burden to code it so that you can only sell houses but can't sell apartments due to the fact that I'm pretty sure houses and apartments are listed under the same commands since apartments sort of came first and houses later.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying this is unnecessary so don't ever add it. If staff ever feel the need to add it then that'd be dope! I just don't think it'd be a priority for a long time due to the things they are currently working on.

philbertman42

Level 135
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I disagree with this because "selling" apartments is basically extortion. Players shouldn't have to pay a ridiculous fee just for somebody to disown an apartment, and the served definitely shouldn't support the behavior with useful commands.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

ICly, selling apartments makes absolutely no sense. You do not own these properties, you have zero property rights to actually sell it off, in my opinion, the selling of your apartment should be outlawed entirely on the server. (But I will not deny that I too am a culprit of this, I am not in support of it.)

I'd like to mention that in addition to being unrealistic, adding a sell command takes all of the RP out of the RP SERVER. . . remember, if you're going to sell something, it MUST be done ICly in compliance with Rule 3.4 under the "Game Rules" section of the servers rulebook. This is the same reason that the ability to pay people from a distance without usage of IC banking was removed.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
major +1

I disagree with this because "selling" apartments is basically extortion. Players shouldn't have to pay a ridiculous fee just for somebody to disown an apartment, and the served definitely shouldn't support the behavior with useful commands.

ICly, selling apartments makes absolutely no sense. You do not own these properties, you have zero property rights to actually sell it off, in my opinion, the selling of your apartment should be outlawed entirely on the server. (But I will not deny that I too am a culprit of this, I am not in support of it.)

I'd like to mention that in addition to being unrealistic, adding a sell command takes all of the RP out of the RP SERVER. . . remember, if you're going to sell something, it MUST be done ICly in compliance with Rule 3.4 under the "Game Rules" section of the servers rulebook. This is the same reason that the ability to pay people from a distance without usage of IC banking was removed.

Thing is, sellings of apartments are going to continue to happen no matter what or how we go about tackling it. We may as well get ahead of it by offering a safe way to do it outside of OOC scamming. Yes, the second hand market for apartments can be extortionate at times but it's always going to be like that. I think this will help speed across the apartment turnover dramatically and be a good income source for lower-income players (yes, srp is not an economy simulator but money can buy a lot of useful in game items for rp)

NotCrash

Level 7
NotCrash
NotCrash
Omega+
major +1

Thing is, sellings of apartments are going to continue to happen no matter what or how we go about tackling it. We may as well get ahead of it by offering a safe way to do it outside of OOC scamming. Yes, the second hand market for apartments can be extortionate at times but it's always going to be like that. I think this will help speed across the apartment turnover dramatically and be a good income source for lower-income players (yes, srp is not an economy simulator but money can buy a lot of useful in game items for rp)
^ +1
I totally agree with Toto, selling apartments will always be a thing

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL / -1
I think we're overcomplicating the system. My solution to this issue is to make a command (/property setowner [IGN]) that allows you to transfer the ownership of your apartment to someone else so that they don't have to re-buy the property. To avoid misusing it (e.g getting jailed and changing the ownership of your property to avoid having it raided), it could be made so that you can only do this while you're inside said property (just like /property editmode)

QueenAdelia

Level 4
QueenAdelia
QueenAdelia
Omega+
NEUTRAL / -1
I think we're overcomplicating the system. My solution to this issue is to make a command (/property setowner [IGN]) that allows you to transfer the ownership of your apartment to someone else so that they don't have to re-buy the property. To avoid misusing it (e.g getting jailed and changing the ownership of your property to avoid having it raided), it could be made so that you can only do this while you're inside said property (just like /property editmode)
Well gonna be honest, this idea is way better that what i suggest

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
NEUTRAL / -1
I like this WAY better.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
We generally discourage the selling of properties to give new players a chance to have somewhere to stay & store their items. It also wouldn't make sense to sell a rented property

Users who are viewing this thread