mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

APARTMENT SUGGESTIONS | Totalore

Totalore

Level 138
IGN: Totalore

DATE: 6/27/2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

The implementation of transferring and removing ownership from an apartment. Currently, there is no way you can remove an apartment off of your name (disown it) and that can cause some irritation to some players. There is also no way to transfer ownership of an apartment. This means that players must go down the risky, bumpy, and oh-so-dangerous path of waiting to buy the apartment when ownership expires. And the worst part is, they may not even get the apartment! People enjoy "demi-circling" an apartment's ownership sign to claim ownership of the apartment. It's almost as if it's a race but everyone gets angry at the end and it turns out to be a very hard thing to moderate and deal with half the time.

Now, Totalore, how will disowning an apartment work?
Great question! I have a not so great answer. It's fairly simple. The owner walks up and looks directly at their apartment's sign (the one just outside the apartment that everyone likes crowding around) and will input this command.

They will be prompted up with a screen (similar to the one when you attempt to buy an item from the auction) and must click Yes in order to officially give off ownership of the apartment.

Yeah, yeah, that's great but no one really cares about that! Tell me about transferring ownership.
Alright, alright. Transfer of ownership works similarly to adding people on doors. The player must
- Be online
- Not have any other apartments on the account they are using
- Must have the specified amount of money in order to buy the apartment (this works like real life. The player must buy the apartment from the owner. But, really, this is just going to be them paying the regular fee for the apartment.)

If they meet all the requirements for such, the owner must input this command whilst looking at the apartment's sign.

/apartment transfer [IGN]

The user of the command will be prompted with a tab (one similar to the auction when you attempt to buy something) and must click Yes in order to officially transfer ownership.

There is also one more thing I'd like to note. There are many many many many MANY apartments that are owned, but COMPLETELY unused and empty. This is annoying for a person trying to find an apartment. It is even more annoying when someone buys an apartment on their alt and never lays a finger on it. I'd like to suggest there to be some way or rule for people to actually use an apartment (build in it at least).

I've made this suggestion public on the forums for everyone to comment on it. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread