mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Application for History Teacher

TheGavna

Level 1
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: TheGavna.
How old are you?: 14 years old.
Do you have any previous bans?: No.
What Country are you from?: The Netherlands/Holland
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Gavna (Gavna#6864)
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: No, I don't understand what "roleplay documents" are meant with this question.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Certainly
Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I'm really new to the server, and the only real activity on the forums was a former application which I wrongly put in the "staff (admins and such, I believe) applications"
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://www.schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/my-application.23226/#post-79761
Trivia
I am considered well mannered by people around me.
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Firstly, I would enjoy being a teacher much more than being a student. I find teachers and what they do very interesting and enjoy teaching myself whenever I get the chance.
Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Yes, on a server called HauntedMC which is from the Netherlands I role-played quite often.
Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
I can't find it on the forums, but I've read the entire CoC. If that's what you mean.
What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
I believe that they are information about classes and how they went, but if I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
Firstly, I would contact the principle for permission, then get transportation in order. After that I would inform the class of the trip, which would then commence.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Professional clothing should be worn by teachers, they should prepare their material before classes start, teachers should not use pupils to their advantage; i.e. Getting them water (labour) of using them with malicious intent. There are much more rules, of course. But that would just be copy-pasting the CoC.
Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I was very active on a server from my home country: HauntedMC. Where there was a creative server on which people would occasionally open Role-plays. On SchoolRP I've mainly just been walking around the school trying to figure out how the system works; E.g. Commands, behaviour, e.t.c.
Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: I wouldn't know what HD means, but seeing the previous positions, I believe that it is a more proffesional and experienced level of teaching.
- QTLS: (Qualified Teacher in Learning and Skills): Is a position focussed around teaching students skills, mostly with practical material, but also theoretical.
- NQT: (Newly Qualified Teacher): Is a position that new teachers are in when introduced, until they prove that they are qualified enough to become QTLS.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Because SchoolRP is of course focussed around the idea of a school. Indeed, MineCraft and SchoolRP are still supposed to be games in a sense, but teachers are important to make the experience more realistic and also to make the experience more educative.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
I believe you have to plan your classes with either the principle or the server staff. Then when your class is active/started, its announced to the players/role-players.
Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I probably tell them to knock it off, or take the most prominent trouble-maker to the principle.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I either /yell to the students to listen, or send the most prominent trouble-maker to the principle as an example.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Well behaved, and of course not talking about private life to other teachers. In accordance to the CoC.
Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Smiles towards the class
/me Points at board.
(To show something important)
/me Coughs slightly
/me Points to the door
(To send someone out, probably)
/me Welcomes the class

Backstory

/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words. Remove this comment after posting.*/
My character always enjoyed standing in front of class to teach his fellow pupils something, and it stayed with him forever. He has grown content of students who behave normally over time, but doesn't hate the occasional 'odd one out'. He enjoys people with passion for learning, and a school full of students is of course the best place to find such people. He's well caught on on history subjects, and thus enjoys teaching that subject. He has a conservative view on the world and particularly on teaching. If it was up to him, everyone would be forced to wear uniforms and walk in military fashion to classes without talking. My character's father worked in the government and his mother was a teacher herself, although not at the same school. My characters parents met on both being survivors of the horrors of the second world war, which stayed in the mind of my character. My character would like to see his students rise to the top of the world in knowledge, so he can rest well as someone who contributed to society. He may be old, but he knows how to use technology better than most people his age. This contributed to him now being able to teach in a much better way to his students. One of his secondary motivations to becoming a teacher is that he always wanted to be addressed by a title, rather than an ordinary name. He wants to work his way up the ranks to maybe one day even be acknowledged by his country as a good man. My character also enjoys music and musical talent in students, and himself knows how to play piano. He enjoys that the school he works at (well, the school that he is currently applying for) is known for it's great academic prosperity and great catalog of learning material.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Edward Stuart
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Stuart
Given Name(s): Stuart, Edward, ("Mad Eddy" when he was younger)
Preferred Name: Mr./Proffesor Stuart

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: England
Current Location: Japan, because of the school?

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 25
Working Experience (# of years): 40

Academic Degree: PhD in History

Year of Graduation: 1978
Major(s): History, Psychology
Minors: Foreign Language

Native Languages: Dutch
Other Languages: English, German

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, a CELTA Certificate. Although this was barely managed.
Preferred Teaching Subject: History

Extra Feels very lonely at times, seeing that he doesn't have any family to speek of. Although he gets invited to dinner from time to time by his neighbours.
Additional notes about your application (if any): Why is there such a lack of teachers/order in SchoolRP? At least, that's my opinion.
Do you have any questions?: Yes, I am kind of a 'noob' with forums. So please don't go too hard on me when this is the completely wrong place to post this application.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Denied.
- Not only have you forgotten to fill out an entire section of this application, but there is also a lack of content and effort throughout this application. Many of these responses should at least be more than four sentences.

Good luck in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread