Denied Application for Janitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Level 24
[OOC section]
In Game Name:
Taccosaurus

School Employee Role you are Applying For: Janitor.

How often do you log onto the server?: On weekdays I play for at least 1 - 2 hours. On weekends I play for over 4 hours.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No.

Do you have a microphone? No.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?: On the old server in about March or April, I got temporarily banned for one hour for going in the opposite gender's dorm.

Can you ensure that you will often come on: Yes, I play every day.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?: Yes.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee: A janitor's job is basically to keep the school clean, in order to do so, he/she must do multiple things such as picking up rubbish, mopping the floor, cleaning the glass e.t.c.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?: Yes I do, as I have quite an interest in this sort of job (in a role play).

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have roleplayed on quite a few different places and I have enjoyed it. I have roleplayed on this server from late January (or late February) since then I have developed many different techniques for roleplaying. On this particular server I have become very familiar with the correct way to use '/me', '/looc', '/ooc', '/y', '/w' (and the other ones - yes I know all of those basic RP commands) I am quite good at roleplaying as I tend to keep the same basic personality and I have adjusted to the ways of this server. I always think about what I would do in real life before roleplaying. In this case, I will have to put myself in a janitor's position, so that I am a janitor that really fits in.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it: I am familiar with what my job does as I see janitors regularly. So (I think I covered a lot of it above so I will just add to that rather than repeating myself) I would set up tables, chairs, instruments and other things if necessary an example of when I would do this, is in an assembly or special class activity. I might cut the grass if it were necessary.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?: I try to avoid the student, and politely move along, as I have no right to curse the student back nor do I have a right to tell him what to do. If it was very nasty cursing, I would report it to a teacher as soon as I could.

You are doing a hazadrous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?: I try to take my time, but go quick enough so that the principle would not think I was doing my job insufficiently. I would also make sure that no students, staff, employees or visitors were too close to the area. Therefore, it would be a lot safer for everyone.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?: I would firmly ask them to stop, if they failed to do so, I would stop them. After I was 100% sure they had stopped, I would go to a teacher (preferably the principle) and report to them the situation. From there, I would wait until I was told that it was okay for me to get back to work and leave it to the teachers, as I would know they would be the best to decide the punishment (if necessary).

[IC section]
Applicant Name:
Akeno Hochiro.
Chosen Job: Janitor.

Motivation for Joining YHS: I have always lived in Japan. In my family, I always had to clean the house. I had found an interest in it, because I found it relaxing. I went to university at Shinotaketatsu and I decided I wanted to stay for longer. The problem was, I never really liked the thought of being a teacher. I have always been worried that people will hate me, therefore dread entering my classroom.. and no one should dread entering a classroom at Taketatsu high. I didn't want to ruin their whole day because of one subject. However, if I was too nice, I thought I might fail to teach. Failing to teach meant failing to do my job. That would be worse than getting hated. I'd be fired. So I decided to make my house work join with my school work. I thought that it would be cool being a janitor because I enjoyed cleaning, and I got payed for it. Eventually I decided pthat was exactly what I was going to do. So I did.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I have a lot of practice in cleaning. Where as some of the other people I have met that are applying for janitor in other schools around Japan think that cleaning is just a bit of soap, some water and a cloth. I don't believe so. In fact, I try my best to make everything spotless, for the community to enjoy the area more. Also, if parents were to come looking at this school for their children, don't you think they would want it to be spotless? The floors will shine, the walls will glisten, and everything shall be exactly as you envisioned it.

Thank you, Mr Ducks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread