─────────────────────────────────────

In Game Name (IGN)

CelleAssi

Do you have discord?
Yes (ash#9152)

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?:
No, I have never been banned

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I am fairly new to the server but I have been on for a minimum of 2 hours a day since I joined (time is ooc), the days where I was able to get back home in time I was online for more than the entirety of the school day. I have not played as much on this account though.

As for the forums, I have not posted anything but I have read through all the recent sections and the important stuff like the rules and advice on roleplaying.

School Employee Role you are Applying For:
"Private Tutor"

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee:
A Private Tutor is someone who will meet with students and help them with their work. In my experience, the role of a tutor is not necessarily to teach the students, but more so to help get them on the right track so they can find the answer themselves. Also to encourage them and help them feel more confident in themselves and their abilities.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?:
Yes, I recognise that this is a possibility. If you choose to accept me, I will not abuse my authority as a staff member. And if I were to ever do so, I will accept full responsibility.

Do you understand how to seriously roleplay?:
I understand the commands used on the server to yell (/y), whisper (/w), talk ooc (/looc or /ooc) and so on.
I am familiar with the concept of roleplaying and have tried it before. I am not perfect, but I am eager to learn and my writing is getting better every day. I also feel that I have gotten a good grasp on who my character is and how she acts.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I am still getting used to roleplaying again as I have been on a break. I used to roleplay on a Danish 'game/forum' that is a lot like Harbo. I'd be happy to be accepted as a 'Trainee' if you'd like to get a feel for my roleplaying before you make a final decision.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
This is my first time applying for a role on this server

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:
I would let them know that I would be happy to receive their feedback, if they would agree to meet with me at a more appropriate time, so that we could have a healthy discussion. As Karakura High has both college and high school students, it is possible that the student in question is just having a difficult time and I fear making them feel bad would only encourage them to act out. If they agree, I would have a chat with them and, if necessary, direct them to a counsellor, who I expect would be better equipped to handle such matters.
If the student continues in this manner, I would let them know that their behaviour is inappropriate and will not be tolerated. I would then ask them to leave the room and report them to a faculty member who is of higher rank.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:
I would do as much as I am able while ensuring the safety of myself and those around me. If relevant, I would inform students and employees about what I am doing beforehand so that they know not to get too close and are prepared in case of an emergency. If this is not possible I would voice my concern in a polite manner and be helpful in suggesting alternative solutions. If the job requires prior-knowledge in an area outside of my expertise, such as a technical job, perhaps it would be better to hire a professional.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?:
I would ensure that they are aware of the potential dangers of their actions and remind them of the consequences that may follow. If necessary, I would interfere in order to ensure the safety of those around us or to stand up for students who are being mistreated. I would let them know that their actions are not acceptable. I would inform an employee who is of higher rank about what I witnessed regardless of how the situation is handled as I am not fit to judge.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Before her shift you will find her on the computer quietly working or scribbling down notes (she learns more from the note taking process than the notes themselves)

After her shift you will find her reflecting upon her day or engaged in a discussion with a colleague.

Provide us with at least 3 detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me Warily she'd glance over at the squabbling students, raising one eyebrow in suspicion. Contemplating whether or not to engage, she'd frown a bit and and take another sip of her coffee. Noticing other students looking disturbed by the noise, she'd calmly get up from her seat and approach the students asking that they turn it down.

/me She'd walk inside, looking a bit tired and carrying stacks of papers. A few smudges of ink would be visible on the front of her dress shirt. She'd glance around briefly to see who is in the room, before making her way towards the desk.

/me She'd make note of the time by glancing at her watch, then lean back comfortably in the chair, placing her hands behind her head. As the student is not respectful of her time, she'd happily sit there, watching the minutes go by.

IC Section

Full Name: Amaya Mizuki
Age (Minimum age is 25): 31
Title (Mr,Mrs,Miss): Miss Amaya

Academic Degree: Global Politics
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Global Politics, English Literature
Minors: History

Backstory
Mizuki was born in Kyoto, Japan to two strict parents. Growing up, Mizuki was studious and focused.
Setting an example for her younger sister, Miki. However, during her teenage years Mizuki lost interest in her studies. Finding friends she could relate to, opened her eyes to all that she had missed out on as a child, due to her intense studies. She decided that the natural sciences were not for her and shifted her focus to the social sciences. To say her parents were disappointed was an understatement, but the true let down came when Mizuki announced that she would leave Japan for a job at an international school in Barcelona, Spain.

Mizuki has not been to Kyoto since she left in 2015.

Mizuki enjoyed her time in Spain but felt homesick once the excitement had dialed down. Moving to a new country, not knowing a single person there and having to learn a foreign language was harder than she'd expected and, although she understood most of what she heard by the end of her time in Spain, she was never able to speak the language herself.

Mizuki, to a degree, has a laid back attitude to teaching. She does not waste energy on students who do not want to learn. "If you do not want to do any work, that is fine by me. End of the day, I still get paid". This style of teaching worked well Spain, as they are under far less academic pressure compared to the Japanese students.
This is, of course, is something she would say to influence students in hopes that they decide to do the work, not because they have to, but because they want to learn. Not to demotivate or embarrass them.

Let down by her experience in Spain, Mizuki moved to Osaka, Japan in 2017 where she stayed with a female classmate from University by the name of Hirata Kaoru. Having founded her own perfume line, Kaoru was well off and enjoyed her work.

After helping out Kaoru in her shop in Osaka, she decided to apply for a position as a private tutor in Karakura.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

My motivation for joining the staff at Karakura High School is that I want to help motivate students to make the best of their years here and relieve them of some of the pressure by lending them an extra hand. As a kid, I did not always like school but I have always loved learning. I'd skip math class to go read in the library. I know school days can feel long and that the pressure is on but at the end of the day school is about finding yourself. Your likes/dislikes, what makes you tick and possibly what you want to spend the rest of your life pursing. I would love to be a part of that.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
You should hire me because I am truly passionate about my work. I put effort into everything I do because I know that nothing good ever comes easy. I think I have a different approach to teaching than perhaps other candidates. Not necessarily a better approach, just a different one. I find joy in watching my students succeed. And if the school lacks this sort of personality I would love to be a part of the team.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
ACCEPTED!

Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Private Tutor, there's just a few steps left in order to get your role in discord and in-game.

- Ensure that you're in the Karakura Academics Discord, if you haven't already.
Make sure to @KimiNoUso#9999 in #roles to receive your role

- Request your role via forums [CLICK HERE]

If you have any other questions, feel free to DM me on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread