pretty#8295

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

CET

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:

None, as of right now.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

I sadly do not own a microphone.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I'm mostly active in the game on weekends but I'm also active on Monday-Friday.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

I'd like to apply as a Miko.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I know that Shinto has no known founder or single sacred scripture. Shinto is wholly devoted to life in this world and emphasizes man’s essential goodness. Shinto is the indigenous faith of the Japanese people, and it is as old as Japan itself. Today it continues as Japan’s major religion alongside Buddhism and Christianity. The customs and values of Shinto are inseparable from those of Japanese culture."

In Shintoism, Shrines are considered as shelters for the places of worship of Kami. These shrines can be any public building, a place of natural beauty such as sacred forests, waterfalls or mountains or they can also be small shrines set up in homes that are also as Kamidana. Public shrines often have a gate (Torii gate) to separate the cared place and the common space. The public shrines have both priests and priestesses.

In Shinto, the things that come closest to the western notion of evil are pollution and impurity, and the solution of these problems is considered through rituals of purification. Shintoist followers do not regard suffering as a form of punishment for human behavior.

Shinto gods and goddesses are believed to be equally gentle and loving or awesome and terrifying.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I stand out from the other applicants because I am a very active person who plays Minecraft every week, so shifting would not be a problem for me. In addition, I am very creative, which I believe is highly valued when doing further Roleplays. In addition, I have a strong work ethic and will always be available to assist fellow Priests or Maidens during shifts.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

I agree to follow all of the procedures; as a Shrine member this is mandatory, not following these procedures would only indicate that I have been lying about my motive, wanting to become a shrine maiden. not being able to comprehend the procedures would feel like I myself failed to chase my motivation, it would be tragic.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Gredl Desmond.

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

My character's title is "Miss"

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

Single as of right now.

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

Northern Europe

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

+81 030-093-9288

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I am passionate about being a Miko, my motivation comes from its culture and the people that are currently working at the Shrine. They motivate me to become just like them. I want everyone to know what Shintoism is, I want to make that my goal. I believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to have a positive experience with this religion, and I want to persue that. I want everyone to feel at ease and at home. I will also maintain peace and order within the Shrine.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

the original shrine unfortunately got burned to the ground. However the old shrine building still remains, it's just that nobody uses it anymore.
There are many speculations around it. Some people believe that the Kami did it when it was somewhat mad. Some think that it was a natural cause.
And even that someone did it. However unfortunately we will never truly know what happened since none of us were born back then.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Monastery Lead,

While I had little experience with the work of a shrine, I've became a helpful person because of you, and I am sure I could handle caring for the shrine. I have endured some very BAD things and focused on very bad things throughout my whole life, until I've learned about you and the history about It and I wish to have a fresh experience by serving the shrine, the community, and Shintoism as a Miko, and I promise you that you won't regret a single bit of it! I also believe in you and what greatness you have accomplished, a safe place for me and my friends to associate in. A safe surrounding for all of us. I warmly thank you for reading my application and possibly considering me worthy as to pass this application.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Gredl was born into a small German Village into the Gabriella Family, when she was 6 years old, Her Father, and her mother left her at a adoption Center, Both of them were too young to have a child so they thought that was the best decision. Her Mother was still in Highschool, and her father was unknown. Couple of years later, She got adopted by a Lovely Family, who loved her so much they wouldn't want to give up on her. After a week her Adoptive Father got Sick, very Sick. A couple of years later he died, Her Adoptive Mother got into drinking and turned from lovely and nice to an mean abusive Mother, at lastly she had enough with Gredl so she put her back at the adoption Center at the age of 9. Gredl was heavely Depressed for a couple of more years. At the age of 12, a miracle happened, a Family showed up at the Adoption Center with the name of "Desmond" the family seemed nice but also scary, they saw Gredl rather playing alone unlike the rest of the children at the Adoption Center, so they took her in. At first She was Scared but after a while she loved them and wouldn't want to leave them. A couple of years passed since her adoption and now she's 17 full with happiness and joy. But she still felt alone, so her family went to an orphanage and adopted another child. The Child didn't have a name, and was around the same age as Gredl, so the Desmond Family thought why shouldn't they name him after the book "Hansel & Gretel", they loved that Idea and even Gredl! After a while Gredl and Hansel got along and even saw him as her Real Brother. They all Lived afterwards Happily ever after

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The main duty of a Shinto Priest is to perform purification rituals and ceremonies and communicate with the gods. A Shrine Maiden, usually a young female, is trained to do sacred cleansing and perform the sacred Kagura dance basically they look after the shrine as well as the same for priests ( the maidens look after the shrine and the priests )

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

Simple, first thing you would need to stand Infront of the Tsukubai. Afterwards bow Infront of the water basin before picking up the ladle with your right hand, scoop up the water and carefully pour it into your left hand. Next step you do the same with your other hand before bringing the ladle up to your mouth. Then take a swig of the water and swish it around your mouth. Afterwards spit the water out to the rocks on your feet before putting the ladle back down.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

The kami can read your thoughts so you don't have to physically say your prayer. During the last bow, the supplicant offers words of gratitude and praise to the kami if they are offering a prayer for aid they will also state their name and address. After the prayer and/or worship they repeat the two bows, two claps and a final bow in conclusion.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

You need a pot with some fresh water, an incense, Tea bowls and finally the macha. You'd heat the water within the kettle before taking it off as it boiled. Then carefully pour it to the teapot. Next you need to activate the incense which would cleanse the tea bowls, after each one is finished you'd let out a small bow as a sign of appreciation. Then carefully sprinkle the macha into each of the cups before following it with the boiling water, carerfully mix it together. Afterwards pick it up before turning to the guest you would do a final bow.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi is a form of Shinto offering made from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton,
A Kagura Suzu is a stick of bells used in the kagura dance performed by maidens.
Ofuda is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

I would say, Omoikane the god of wisdom and intelligence, because she's very concentrated on her studies and loves to read the newspaper everyday to stay informated on the news.

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app at this time Feel free to reapply in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread