Denied Aqtfs's Lore Application #2

Exbkis

Level 16
BACKW000DS
BACKW000DS
Notable
IGN:
Aqtfs/Exbkis
List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
Exbkis#8049
Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via Discord?
Yes
Your time zone and current country of residence:
EST, North America
Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
3D Model
Lore-Team Application #1
Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes
List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
N/A
What makes you passionate about writing?:
I'm passionate about writing because of how writing makes me feel, I enjoy writing as a whole, and I enjoy doing it. writing allows me to create something of my own, and it allows me to show my feelings through text. I can use figurative language. I've always enjoyed books as a child, and my favorite subject is English. I've always dreamed of being an author and producing my own book. I wanted to make a story of my own. I like writing my own things, and it makes me feel like I can accomplish something. I've always been passionate about it since a child, and I think of it as my own masterpiece, and after writing, I enjoy reading my text and seeing if there are any errors. I've always loved writing, and I am specifically in advanced classes in English Language Arts because I love it. I've been in writing clubs at my school. I think that writing takes up all the free time that I usually have.
Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes, I've been to the creative writing club at my school; we meet there every week. I've written multiple of my own books, and I am currently in advanced classes for English Language Arts. I have been writing for 5-6 years. All of my life, I've been surrounded by books, I've worked on lore teams for other servers, and I've made personal lore for my characters.
In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the background story that develops into what it is today. Lore can affect how a character acts or how a certain place feels. In character, lore can be used in many ways, Such as to why your character has a big scar. Why is your character depressed? Lore builds up the fundamentals of a character.​

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

There would be a male by the name of Donquantavious Hendrix. He was a casual eight-teen-year-old in the Karakura Academic System, nothing out of the usual for him. He loved to be involved with sporting activities, he had a great sense of humor, and he loved to play baseball. The male was walking around Karakura doing his casual duties of being a teenager. He was around the housing area near the Shopping District when suddenly he saw a group of middle-aged adults. Donnie thought of himself enough. The adults saw him approach them how strange? a casual teenager walking up to a group of the school staff. Normally children would avoid their school staff, but not Donnie.

Donnie further approached the group of people. He was not shy at all, so of course, he had to introduce himself, "Hello... My name is Donquantavious..." in a light tone, and he seemed pretty happy. But the adults just looked at him oddly. The adults walked on, but Donnie continued to bother them. He'd follow them around, they moved in and between houses, and they moved throughout Karakura. They moved to the back of the school, heading towards the direction of the Karakura Police Department near the housing residences. The group of people was at the house of a random person. Donnie was there. They knocked they yelled for the people to come out 2 middle-aged men came out before a rare sight. Kimitsu Koji was at the door. Donnie thought this was cool. He went towards the door. Donnie snapped a picture of himself with Kimitsu Koji before the man himself, Alex Koji, came outside.

There was another group of adults showing up. There was peace, nothing happened. Donnie was just outside chilling before a group of men started arguing, resulting in a little argument with Alex Koji. Alex Koji took the young Donnie Hendrix into an alleyway and proceeded to tell Donnie, "Knock out that male... you will be rewarded with 500,000 yen" Donnie reluctantly agreed before saying, "Yes, sir." Donnie went back to the housing area, waiting for an opening. Donnie requested Alex Koji, Alex Koji soon arrived, and Donnie asked him, "How am I going to knock out the male." Alex Koji didn't reply but instead brought out a bat for Donnie to use; a few minutes later, Donnie pulled out the bat on the individual and swung it against their head. The male did nothing as he was knocked out.

Donnie Hendrix would not be responsible for this. He handed off the bat to be cleaned and stored to the two young males from earlier, Jack Denvers, maybe? Soon after, the police were called. There arrived, Donnie's new "father figure," Rylu Koji, arrived at the situation. The tall police officer Alex Koji explained the situation a little twisted, nothing was going to happen to Donnie, or so he thought. Time passed by, Donnie got to know Rylu Koji, going to carnivals with him or such, but when Donnie was strolling with Rylu Koji, a masked individual approached them in front of the Auction House, harassing Rylu, Donnie reacted by getting into a fight with the male nothing happened. Donnie Hendrix was around the powerplant area when he was approached by multiple individuals, they had a spiked bat, and they hit him over the head with the bat causing him significant brain damage it was a big shock for him there was nothing but black, he woke up he didn't remember anything. This is the beginning of Donnie Hendrix's life. (581 Words)
Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

There was a story going around town. This story goes back to the Taishō era. In 1918 there was a young man named Tarō Ken who went to church every Sunday to pray; he was catholic; after all, Tarō never thought anything of his church poorly, Tarō was happy that they had the freedom to practice Christianity. Tarō lived an everyday life as the casual Japanese teenager, Tarō worked as a farmer planting rice and other crops, there were people who did not support their practice of Christianity, such as his mother Maiyah Ken. Tarō worked with his mother and father usually. Yet, Tarō was only eight-teen years old. They were merely an adult. They didn't have freedom, and their parents couldn't afford much for their education.

One day, Tarō went to the church. They sat down with his Christian bible in hand and began to pray before they heard a blood-curdling scream, "HELP... ME..." Tarō popped up. they were surprised and sat there in shock. Tarō wasn't curious about this situation, and they did not want to be involved, so Tarō left. Tarō went home, did their daily chores of washing the clothing, and used the generic hand rake to rake the weeds out of the garden; the cherry blossom tree in his front yard stood out like a lion in a wetland. Tarō proceeded to take their nightly sponge bath. After that, they headed to his bed and went to sleep.

One decade before the Meiji Restoration, there was a man named Takashi Inōri. They were the casual shopkeeper who sold generic items such as rice. He lived in a place that was now modern-day Karakura, the town that was so overgrown was now a city. Takashi had inherited a house from his parents, which they inherited from their parents, and Takashi found a Christian bible written in Japanese. He eventually read verses of the book and took a liking to the book, he wanted to practice Christianity, but he didn't know where to practice it, he found a spot in the forest. They knew it was private enough, this forest was the exact spot the church was built during the Meiji Restoration. Eventually, Takashi became a full Christian. He prayed daily, hoping things would improve until he was found. "Hey, what are you doing here!" said a strange male. Takashi was shocked, "Uhm... nothing, sir! I'm just sitting down enjoying nature, is all." the peculiar male said. "What is that in your hand?" Takashi replied, "Oh nothing... it's a book I'm writing." the book being written.. had the words "BIBLE" written. "Why are you lying... what is your name." Takashi replied, "Takashi Inōri, sir." the strange man had something in the palm of his hands.. walking up towards the back of the Takashi. Takashi said, "What's your name." the strange male replied, "Hikaru A****e" Takashi Inōri was never heard from again.. the legend has it his body was buried under what is now the church.

Tarō woke up from his sleep, and they had an odd dream. They eventually went to eat the meal his mother had prepared. Their mother said, "Tarō, I will be out today. When you leave, please leave the doors locked." Tarō nodded as they chewed up his Tsukemono and Tofu before going to his room to grab his bible. Tarō's family was middle class, so they had a lovely house, nice furniture, and nicer clothes. It was around 9:00 AM when Tarō left to go to their church to pray like every morning. They could not stop thinking about what had happened. They felt like someone was watching his every move. They arrived at the church, sitting down at their usual spot before praying. They felt as if someone was behind them. Tarō turned around to see an abnormally tall figure in white and black attire with mesh aligning the eye sockets. The figure stood at a tall six-ten. Tarō was intimidated as they was only five-four. Tarō said, "W- Who a- are you...?" A sinister voice replied, "That is none of your concern.. I seek revenge. You do not deserve the right to do what I have never done before." the abnormally tall figure pulled out a large naginata; the blade must've been at least two and a half feet long, Tarō started to shake.. they never believed any of this could be real "Please... Please don't do this, I beg for mercy, I'll give you anything you want, Just please don't hurt me." said Tarō, the oddly tall individual replied "Perhaps... No." Tarō saw the big opening. Maybe they could sprint out in time. The odd male took off his mask, revealing his scarred face. The man had no eyes or mouth.

Perhaps the legend was true of Takashi Inōri, Tarō had read about him before in the newspaper, and the townspeople talked about what happened, but no one knew. Tarō knew he was the only one ever to witness this. He had to survive, he stood up, holding the bible towards Takashi. Offering it to him, Takashi held his gloved hand towards the bible before Tarō dropped the bible and ran out of the church, he ran all the way home. He felt as if no one was chasing him, he went to the authorities, telling them the stories, but they did not believe him, and this was the end of the story.

In 1930, Tarō was sent to a mental facility and was never heard from again. (919 Words)

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
We suggest you practice your sentence structure and diction.​

Users who are viewing this thread