IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

BACKW000DS (ALT/ACC I'M APPLYING ON)
Aqtfs (MAIN)
DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Exbkis#8049
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
EST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have a vast amount the exact amount is five, I know my reputation in bans are not that great but I have improved from then, I am capable of working an SRP job and my current reputation is great. I have matured a lot and I continue to mature more and more, I have not been banned in around a year. I'm willing to improve a lot more and work even more on my reputation that is one reasoning of why I'm currently applying.
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes, I do.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I am very active on the server currently, I play every after all. I usually play around 5-9 hours a day depending if it's on the weekends or weekdays. This depends on the school, events, family plans, or unplanned leaves which can happen. But usually, I'm on the majority of the day and I'll continue to be active as long as I don't have lots to do. In the future, I will be a lot more active as the school has almost ended but my schedule is empty 50% of the time, This current BACKW000DS account is not very active that is another reasoning of why I'm also applying in terms to make my accounts more active.
WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Priest
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have quite a bit of knowledge about Shintoism as I've applied before and I'm interested in studying religions as I like to be accurate with most things. Shintoism is a polytheistic and animistic religion the belief in a supernatural power that organizes and animates the material universe, and the belief in or worship of more than one god. These gods are called Kami, Shintoism is the main belief of Japan. There are believed to be over 80 million Kami. The goal of Shintoism is to promote peace, harmony, and purity. One of the most important Kami are the Amaterasu-Omikami. Maidens and Shrine Priests perform a lot of different rituals such as tea rituals, Shrine Priests as well make sure that the worshipper is has a good relationship with their Kami. This is my basic and current knowledge as I've done quite a bit of research, and I believe that I can learn a lot faster because I find myself to be a quick learner, I am prepared to learn a lot about Shintoism and I hope I can take the things I learn from this and apply them in real life.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I've previously applied for Shrine Maiden meaning I've studied OOCLY and ICLY about it meaning I understand what Shrine Maidens do and I understand how to work an adult job as I've already been School Staff in Karakura Academics before. I acknowledge that being Shrine Maiden involves immense amounts of Detail Roleplay such as Tea Rituals which I believe I can do well as I'm a writer, I also was around the Shrine a lot back in the day meaning my IC character has knowledge of being a maiden.
DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, I do and I believe that I can attend every meeting.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTER FULL NAME:

"My full name is Sijotaka Isumi."
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
"Miss Sijotaka Isumi, That's what I go by."
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
"I am 28 years of age, I'm soon to turn 29"
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
"I'm not married, and I have no significant other."
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(81+) (030-134-5801)
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
"I think the Monastery is a lovely place and I'd love to be more around it. I've been going to the shrine ever since I was a child, so I'm very familiar with it. I dream of working at the Shrine some day and my previous application was denied and I always know that there is hope on a brighter day so I'd want to reapply because this is really what I want. I want to be more spiritually connected and help myself, perhaps finding a new Kami would help. Or educating others, I would love to teach people about Shintoism. I believe that I could be a role model to some."
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
"I've found that the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery originally began construction on June 6th, 744. Originally I found that the monastery served as a religious site for Buddhist Faith,
That was planned during the Nara period by the reigning Emperor named, Emperor Genmai, At the time. The monastery was built way before modern civilization or civilization in that certain area, The monastery was believed to be a more spiritual place, and the residing Kami of the Mountain is called Yama-No-Kami, The Monastery was near Mt.Daichi.
What is rumored amongst the site is that the previous or numerous fires caused the gods that resided there to flee, only leaving one individual god, and that god was irritated from loneliness, all information is sourced from what the Shrine Maidens previously has taught me. When walking up to the Shrine there will be in front of you the Steps of Eien, once walking up you will come to the Purification station where you may cleanse yourself accordingly."

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
"Dear, Shrine Lead."
"I appreciate you reviewing my application and I hope to eventually meet you one day, I think that the Shrine is a great place and I'd love to come to the Shrine and promote positivity and teach others about the history of the Shrine and Shintoism in general. I hope you consider my application. The shrine is beautiful and I believe you make a big part of contributing to it by hiring great staff."
"I believe I am qualified for this position and I hope to work in the Shrine someday, I hope you take my application in regard. I hope you have a lovely day, weekend, I wish you good luck and good fortune. I believe I can be accepted for this job and do a great job at it, if you decide to accept me I believe it would be beneficial and a good decision. Once again, I hope you take my application in regard"
'Sijotaka Isumi"
BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Sijotaka was the average child in Karakura, She was born on July 5th, 1994. Sijotaka had been born into a religious family meaning she had Shintoism in her life. She was raised by her two parents, Hikaru Isumi and Kimiko Isumi. She was an only child although so she was 'wealthy' in the sense of having quite a bit of money. When she turned three she had received a rite of passage being blessed, although she was a bit late. When she was five her grandparents would take her to the Shrine every Saturday and show her the shrine, so she would have the basic layout of it. She learned to love the shrine as she went on with her life. But some things happen in life that should not when Sijotaka turned the age 13 something happened that would affect her life forever. Her parents died in a car crash leaving her to her grandparents. Sijotaka had to accept the change as it was a lot different than her current life, she had to do a lot more chores and provide a lot more. But in the end, she had gotten rewarded with 100 yen every day which was enough for her to buy sweets, but she also went to the Shrine a lot more meaning she had involved herself with the environment. At the age of eighteen, she moved out to live on her own moving into a small cozy apartment, She worked an online job. She eventually revisited the shrine and something changed inside of her. At the age of 25, she applied for Shrine Maiden but got denied, She had given up but not for long. Here she is applying for Shrine Maiden at the age of 28.
SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

"The job of a priest is to ensure that the satisfaction of the relationship between the Kami and the Worshiper through offerings, or evocation of the Kami, and meditation to the Deity's blessing to the Kami, The job of a Miko is to perform tasks such as sacred cleaning, or the sacred dance, They also talk to people as well, They take care of gardens as well, They mostly help around with the shrine. Usually, Shrine Maidens would run a stall or shop at the Shrine selling Onamori and what not, I was informed of this information personally by a Shrine Maiden."
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
"You must walk the steps up Eien before going to the trough, after that you may cleanse yourself accordingly with the trough, such as your body, hands and face."
How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
"When walking towards the offering box, you'd take out a one hundred yen coin and drop it into the box. You'd reach up and see the bell, from there you must ring it, after completing that step you may bow twice in a row, then clap twice, recite a prayer to your Kami, and bow again."
How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
"Okay so basically, you prepare the Tea by scooping it into your teapot, and from there you can add your boiling water to the mix. From then you pour the teapot contents into your fairness pitcher and then pour the tea from the pitcher into your tea bowl. From then you place the tea bowl onto your tatami mat in front of you. You'd take the tea bowl with your right hand and place it into the palm of your left hand, Once this is complete you may spin the Tea bowl into your left hand clockwise 90 degrees so it will not face you anymore. You can prepare to drink your tea, and place it back on the tatami mat."
Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
"Tamagushi means jewel stripper, It is a common offering made from the Sasaki Tree It is often decorated with washi paper or cotton, and attached to the Tamagushi would be a Sasaki tree leaf tied up with hemp string, they are used for Matsuri, for formal homage during when there is an official visit"
"An Ofuda is pretty much a talisman or amulet of some sort. It is usually a small piece of paper that varies in size, power, and price. Ofuda's are used to exorcize supernatural beings and create barriers. There are also onamori which are are similar to Ofuda's in the sense of a talisman."
"Kagura Suzu are a set of bells, twelve exactly, they are used in the Kagura Dance. They are a special ritual tool meaning they are not used at home or at a Kamidana. They are usually used by the priests when Shrine Maidens perform the Kagura Dance, or ceremonies. The Kagura Suzu has three tiers of bells suspended by brass wire."
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
───────────────────────────────────────

"I personally worship the Yama-no-kami."​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, and after an incredibly tough decision, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app.​

Users who are viewing this thread