players online

Accepted Art Teacher Application | beangreenbean

lalyah701

Level 6
MamaRP
MamaRP
Omega
What is your Minecraft username?:
The account which I’m applying for this role on is my alt beangreenbean.
My main is lalyah701.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
hana701#7214

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes I do.

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
(GMT-7)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I completely understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say I’m not as active as I used to be. I do attend school and I am in intensive therapy. Even so I manage to be on at least four-six hours a day on weekdays depending on my schedule. Then weekends I’m on for most of the time except when doing school work and hanging out with friends.

Do you have any previous bans?:
I have not had any bans.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.47041/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.46995/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application-retry.46205/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.45880/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/role-request.45779/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/items.46308/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/inventory-again.46324/

Denied.
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.46193/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
beangreenbean is a highschool student grade 8, but on my main I'm a highschool student grade-12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I’m currently applying for Art, specializing in ceramics.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
In my time on SRP, I’ve met a lot of teachers who have shown nothing but kindness and made getting used to the server easier. They are one of the key points to SRP and tie everything together in SRP. I enjoy helping people learn more about roleplaying, and how they can help their characters grow and have more character development. One thing all students need is a teacher they can rely on and willing to help them with almost anything. With becoming a teacher I’d get to have that opportunity and be a teacher that students could rely on for anything, may it be helping with learning commands, learning more about the rp experience, being emotionally supportive for them, and much more.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I do understand that I would have to undergo teacher training. I actually look forward to it, I’d get the chance to learn more about the teaching experience and what it will be like oocly and icly.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs are what keep track of a teacher's activity when it comes to the job and if they are doing the required classes. It helps with knowing how many classes a teacher has done in the oocly month, and if they have reached the required class or more.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
There are a few rules that a teacher and students must follow to have a healthy and safe learning environment.

Cursing or Speaking in other languages
No cursing or talking in another language other than Japanese unless special circumstances.

Bullying and Harrasment
Harassment and bullying and anything of the sort will not be tolerated in class or outside of class while on school grounds.

Illegal items
No illegal items are allowed on school grounds which include the following but are not limited to such as alcohol, cigarettes, vape pens, weapons and more.

Phones
Phones must be put away and on silent, after receiving the first warning and not doing so there will be consequences.

Respect
You are to be respectful to school faculty and other students.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I haven’t been on SRP too long but I’ve been roleplaying for around four years now. I have roleplayed as a teacher but was for a short period of time, and not as well managed as SRP. I used to roleplay specifically on an app called amino, where I would write around five-six paragraphs per response. I am new to this type of role playing but have nothing but love for it and would love to learn more about the teaching portion.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: This is the highest possible position that one can receive. They are the most experienced and are respected by the faculty.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are teachers who are completely qualified and have already finished their training. They can handle almost every situation may it be in class or out of class.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are the teachers who are newly qualified and allowed to host their own classes

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: This is a teacher who are not yet qualified to host their own classes. They undergo training from QT/HD, which may be observing how a QT teaches and handles their class.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important because they tie SRP together, without teachers it wouldn’t be a school rp. They are responsible for teaching students and giving them a proper roleplay experience. Teachers get paid 350,000 yen for the required amount of classes, but can get paid an extra 50,000 yen for the additional five classes.

Every teacher has a different method of teaching, depending on the personality of the character, the subject they teach, the class and much more. I’ve had multiple types of teachers while on SRP, the ones that bond with their students more than others. They want to know how they have been and if there is anything they can do to help the students may it be educational wise or emotional support wise. Then you have other types also, such as the ones who are more strict and focus mainly on teaching the students. You alsohave the ones who are more laid back with their teaching, that let the students express themselves and get creative when it comes to learning. My personal favorites are the ones who engage with the class, but also make sure to keep a professional environment for learning. Even though they are teachers, they live their life’s just like anyone else in Karakura, spending free time doing what they love, time management, spending time with family and friends.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Perscilla would stand at around five foot eleven and weigh around 140lbs. She would have a pear shaped figure, and would always have proper posture. This would make her appear somewhat professional at all times. Her skin would be pale and appear flawless as it would seem she took care of herself well. Her eyes would be a light shade of brown, which always had some type of kindness to them that would give people a sense of easiness and comfort. She would have a short bob cut, with curtain bangs and always had her hair styled in some way. She carried herself with a sense of elegance and maturity.

Perscilla takes pride in the chance to be a teacher, she wants to make sure her students have the best learning experience they can receive. She wants her class to be somewhere her students can come to that makes them feel comfortable and safe. What makes her different from other teachers is that she has been mute since she was twenty-one years old, because of this she understands certain students' struggles when it comes to things along those lines. She wants them to know that, it doesn’t define who they are or their capabilities and that she understands what they are going through and is more than willing to help. She would be a blunt woman but was sure to account for everyone's feelings. Her aura demanded respect from others although she never showed it, the sense of responsibility loomed through the air. People would easily mistake and label her as a naive pushover due to her never-ending kindness. She'd tend to be open-minded and patient. Her first thought would always be to hear everyone out before making the final decision on how things should be handled.

She has the utmost respect for her colleagues and loves to hear their input on anything and everything especially when it’s what she can do better as a teacher. She always puts their differences aside when it comes down to it, and even if she may not agree, will always be respectful. She tries to understand her colleagues' point of views and the stress that comes with being a teacher. She’s always ready to lend a helping hand where it’s needed. She believes that the minute a student steps foot on school grounds, that they should feel safe and receive respect. She will never see her students as troublemakers or problem children, no matter what they may do. She understands that highschool is a stressful time for everyone, teachers included and that she will never know what is going on with their home life or what they may be experiencing.

She has no set plans for the future, but what she does know is that in the future she wants to be the best she can. She wants to grow as a person and teacher. In the future she sees herself being the best mother possible for her daughter and still teaching in some type of way.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?
:
She would look at the students, before walking up to them with a smile, she would bow to the student. [TTS] “Hello, please remember that speaking like that is not allowed on school grounds. Please refrain from using those words and try to find another way to express yourself.” She would await their responses and go from there on how the situation should be handled.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
She would take a deep breath before taking her planner and slamming it on her desk, to grab the attention of the class. [TTS]”You guys may continue your conversations after class, right now I need you to listen so I can continue with class.” If students would continue to talk after she would pull them aside and redirect them one last time.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

She would begin going over her lesson plan for the first few minutes, asking a few other teachers for some advice and if there was anything she could do to engage the class more. After she would finish going over her lesson plan she would try to engage in conversations with her colleagues and make sure they were doing alright.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She would walk around the classroom checking the students' progress, to make sure they understood the directions and were following them. She would stop to help students with the assignment at hand.

/me She would rub her temples in slight frustration before re-explain the lesson to the ones who weren’t listening. She would provide them a more hands on explanation, on how to get the clay to mold how they wanted by showing them with her own pot she had made, [TTS]”Does everyone understand now?”

/me She would reach for the black dry-erase marker on the board before pointing at her personal white board, a small squeak of the cap coming off the marker would be heard before she continued writing.

/me She would cleanly stack the writing portion of the quizzes, before giving the class a ‘quiet down now’ face before distributing the papers to each individual student.

Backstory.
(1,160)

Early life- (1-18)
Perscilla was born on October 13th, 1984 in Novosibirsk, Russia. She was intrigued by her own imagination, especially as a child, and often wondered the key to what made the world go round. For the first eighteen years of her life, she was homeschooled by her mother. She enjoyed the freedom that came along with learning at home, although being homeschooled did not cause her in any way to plummet academically. Understanding the importance of education from a young age, she always put her studies first but found a different type of love for art. She excelled in every subject that her mother taught her. Pushing Perscilla to her educational limit, as she had never experienced difficulties completing work that was above the grade level for her age. Perscilla eventually found a balance between doing her schoolwork and venturing into her own personal world of art. Often staying up late during the nights, Perscilla would delve into her art, using several different mediums, and expanding her creativity while her mind was youthful and full of imagination. It was clear that above all art mediums, ceramics was her favorite. The concept that there was never just one answer when it came to art, enticed her into the hobby more. However, she struggled as a child expressing herself, due to being homeschooled and only really interacting with family socially. Art made it easier, she could make an art piece that could express her feelings instead of having to use words. A core memory from her childhood was a pot she made, it wasn't perfect in any way. Once it was completed, there were dents and cracks in it, she felt disappointed in the results of her creation. Even though she thought it was a complete disaster, her mother treated it like the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. She told her that she could see the stress that she had when making it and to her mother, made it even more special because of how her emotions affected her artwork in a beautiful way.

Her mother introduced her to criminal shows at a young age, which most parents probably would have frowned upon. She wanted to expose Perscilla to the truth of the real world, without beating around the bush. Perscilla found a love for them, watching criminal shows she always found herself taking a liking to the people who were able to manipulate the minds of their suspects. Perscilla often tested her detective skills, observing the people around her, trying to determine what made them tick, and finding the reasoning behind their motives in life. She knew that people emerge from a core event, and their lives are not simply spontaneous. She understood that her upbringing was a gift and that she was a very fortunate person, unlike some people. Curiosity stuck in her mind, and she was willing to tackle any task people threw at her, with her mother supporting her dreams and life goals, nothing would be able to stop a young determined Perscilla.

Getting older (18+)

Once she turned eighteen she went off to study at the Higher School of Economics, in Moscow Russia, also known as HSE University, where she would meet a man, by the name of Ivan Ryder. Overall, he was an interesting and intriguing man, who seemed to always have some new type of challenge for Perscilla to tackle. Perscilla was headstrong, and she would never turn down a challenge of his, always meeting or exceeding the expectation set for her. She and Ivan started dating and once she turned nineteen he had proposed. A year later they got married, and she would soon give birth to two beautiful baby girls. Promising herself to give the same hope and stability that her mother had given to her own children. Although she was still in university when she was getting married and giving birth to her children, she would not allow this to set her back educationally. Now being a mother, and enrolled in college is one of the hardest objectives a woman can face. However, her determination and flexibility would push her through her college years. During her time at the university, she had taken a liking to most of her professors except one. Her main professors always pushed her to do her best and be the best she possibly could be just like her mother had. A certain professor though made learning a struggle, he would never engage his students in what they were learning. He solely gave them the assignments at hand, but never actually taught them properly. He never helped his students, sure he would answer the questions people asked but always in an arrogant way. He would disrespect his students' problems and the work that they did.

Although no personal issues resided between the two of them, Percilla's disliking the man would ignite an interest in her heart. She never wanted a student to have a teacher or professor like that. She wanted other students to be able to rely on their mentors, to not only support them but prove that they could accomplish anything they put their minds to but to nourish their education and provide them opportunities that would take them far in life. That’s where the spark for teaching grew. She wanted to be just like her professors that had helped their students and gave students a sense of hope and support like hers had done for her. Once she turned twenty-two she graduated with a bachelors in education and a bachelors in visual arts, along with a major in graphics and ceramics. While taking these classes in person she was also doing online classes to get her masters degree in law and justice.

She always managed to balance her time as she enjoyed her studies. She graduated from HSE University when she turned twenty-two and then, later on, had got her masters in law and justice. After graduating she took a job at a local school, where she would teach multiple grades mainly about ceramics. She loved seeing the looks on their faces when they finally were able to make their art and creations look the way they had imagined. Her students trust and rely on her no matter what like they should any teacher. She stayed at that job for seven years before she decided to move to Japan to be with her daughter, after the death of her husband and an unfortunate event that caused her to become mute. Although she had become mute, this would not set her back in her ability to teach and expand the mind of young students. Her willpower and determination would overcome any minor discrepancies that she harbored through the trauma she faced in recent years. Percilla was ready to grow and move forward, no matter the cost. She wants a fresh start and hopes that Karakura will be the fresh start she needs.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Perscilla Ryder
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss Ryder
Given Name(s):
Perscilla
Preferred Name:
Perscilla

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist