How old are you? (Optional):
-

What is your time zone?:
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge this, and accept the consequences if I do go inactive however,
I definitely do not plan on it.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am typically active, this be on my main account, throughout the day.
Though I do dip in and out of AFK, I would say I am a very active person on SRP and within the community in general.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I do not.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jules-nguyens-vietnamese-lang-app.27491/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.56417/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/receptionist-application-wmsi.57385/ [DENIED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Highschool Basketball, Grade 12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Art classes, more specifically drawing.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I enjoy teaching others, and I think this would be a great opportunity to do so. I greatly enjoy roleplay, and so combining two things I enjoy doing would be great. Personally, I believe that teaching is joyful, as you get to help others learn! Having a great thirst for knowledge myself, I believe this is a great opportunity to apply for. I know art is not a typical learning subject, but there are actually a lot of methods and intricate detailing to the vast subject of art. I would love to explore these in lessons! The techniques of art is a great topic, with many demonstrations and activities possible.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand, I hope that the teacher training is something I will have to undergo.
I am looking forward to it, as it will be a learning experience and help widen my perspective of the teacher role and how to roleplay it out.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs, as I understand, are a log kept after every class listing information in a discord channel about the class hosted. The information may include the amount of students attending, the class duration, the class location, as in room number. Also the player’s IGN, and number of classes hosted! It is important, as it is an easy access for staff to check the teacher’s quota. However, it is also important for log purposes, like if the server has a fault and cannot pull up the information itself. The log channel is a good thing to refer back to, for this situation.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
In my opinion, the strict rules in class should be as follows:

Treat everyone with respect,
respect is an important value in a classroom not just with the students but the teacher must respect the students or the classroom cannot function.

Listen carefully, and follow all instructions. For the student’s safety, and the teacher’s, listening in a classroom is essential. When our attention wanders, we can mishear and then accidents can happen potentially ending in injury.

Be considerate! You never know how another person is feeling inside, as you are not inside of their head. Always be kind, and be aware of others.

There will be NO tolerance for disruptions, such as:
Cursing, music, phone calls or just being distracting.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying for many years, starting off on sites such as omegle, then moving off of that and going onto Instagram. I waould roleplay in group chats, or in direct messages. I then discovered roblox, and minecraft! Of course, I stopped roleplaying on roblox at the age of about thirteen however minecraft really stuck. Since 2020, when I joined SchoolRP, it is the only minecraft server I actively roleplay on.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of department.

↳ Description: The head of department is someone who oversees all the teachers working under a certain department. It is a higher-up rank, but just for that certain department. Head of departments are able to help the teachers, with lessons or anything in general. Any needs the teachers may have, should go through the head of department. This person is the lead of a department, and are typically well respected as they have worked their way up through the department to get in the leading position.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: A qualified teacher is like a newly qualified teacher however they have been qualified for longer. They have been teaching classes longer, and just have more time and hours on the job.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: A newly qualified teacher is a teacher that has been through the appropriate staff training, which is two sessions. This training includes meeting the HD, completing activities and hosting a class. If they are newly qualified teacher, this means they have recently passed said training. This means that they are now able to host classes on their own,

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description: An unqualified teacher is a teacher that has not yet gone through official training, and therefore cannot host classes yet.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are the characters that host, and well, teach the lessons in the school. They educate the students, and keep order within the school by disciplining the students and making sure they follow the rules. A newly qualified teacher’s base salary is ¥350,000 for completing ten classes. A qualified teacher’s base salary is ¥400,000 for completing ten classes. After teachers meet the minimum classes quota of ten, every five classes will add an extra ¥50,000 to their pay. This can stack up, until the maximum pay of ¥500,000 is reached. In their spare time, teachers may do as they please, obviously aside from GangRP just like any other adult in Karakura. This includes, but is not limited to: Shopping, meeting with friends, relaxing at home.

Teachers, of course, all have different teaching styles. This can reflect on the teacher’s personality, and just the way their brain works! Teachers teach to give the student’s the best education possible, this means that they do sometimes have to be strict however it is all for the student’s benefit. A responsible teacher should prepare their students for all possibilities like end of year exams, to move up to college or just pop quizzes and classroom tests.

Teachers are essential to the SchoolRP server, as it is a school roleplay. They keep the balance, and order within the school preventing any chaos or disruption students may try to invoke. They are also the primary teachers of education in the highschool, this means that they are responsible for teaching the students how to behave, but also teaching them knowledge in general. The teachers of the school are the supervision, and the educators. The school would not be a school or even survive without them.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MoSCoW. This is an acronym that stands for ‘Must of, Should’ve, Could of, Would’ve.’

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Vivienne is a soft spoken woman, with her quirks. She is often found gazing into space, almost as if there was no one behind her eyes, or zoning out like she is in her own little world. Despite all this, she can still pay amazing attention and focus on a singular topic when she is not away with the fairies. She’s a passionate woman, caring ferociously about creativity and her passion for art. Vivienne is a woman who loves all of the arts, but especially art, specifically painting. It was always her dream, as a child and even now, to teach students someday. She has always loved the idea of students, and loves the idea of being able to care for them and give them the best gift. The gift of knowledge and creative freedom. Despite her passive nature, Vivienne is not a pushover. She can definitely stand her own, not letting others beat her down. She’s the type of woman to always stand back up when pushed over, as she is resilient and determined for her goals! She has always offered to babysit, or take care of kids as to prepare for her dream career in teaching, this means she has a fair amount of experience on how to handle kids however she prefers the gentle approach.

Although she might look a little gothic, Vivienne is one of the kindest women you will ever meet. She is infinitely caring for anyone at all, no matter what they have done to hurt her. Her natural loving personality makes her a great, responsible woman to be around and easy to talk to. She cares greatly, and is extremely friendly and open to new people. Unafraid of social situations, she enjoys putting herself out there although always making sure her decisions are not reckless, nor are they inconsiderate to others.

Appearance wise, Vivienne is certainly more on the gothic side however she would not consider herself a goth in the slightest. She tends to wear darker clothes, as they better suit her long jet-black hair, pale complexion and dark eyes that compliment such features. With boots, to boost her height, she stands at around 5’5. If you asked her, Vivienne would immediately deny any accusations of being the slightest insecure about herself, or her height; however her platformed boots may indicate otherwise.
To students, Vivienne's hope is to give them a chance at the best education they are capable of fulfilling. She is sweet, caring, kind but informative at the same time. The type of woman you would imagine staying after class, to help a student or two. Vivienne enjoys going out of her way to help those in need, especially students. One of her hopes is to be a shining light for students that need help in any way. A safe place, someone who they can come to with any worries or trouble, as she was once that student and wishes that she had someone as caring as herself. Accepting that not all students appreciate help, or want to be helped she still tries though still respecting boundaries.

Though satisfied with her current profession, Vivienne hopes to go on to teach college students as a professor, specializing in painting. She believes that even though more mature that does not make the older students any less vulnerable or in need of help. Her goal is to educate, and help as many students as she possibly can. Even if this means staying on as a high-school teacher and not fulfilling her aim of being a professor.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Vivienne would warn the students about their language, politely asking them to please stop with the vulgar extremities. Though her mannerisms would be soft, her tone would be firm and assertive. She would bring up the topic of issuing detention if the language is continued, and remind them that it not only breaks the school rules, but it is extremely disrespectful to use, especially in the presence of adults.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: Vivienne would keep her calm composure, clearing her throat and raising her voice. “I do not want to have to ask again, please quiet down. This is your first warning, if I have to issue another, the people talking will all get detention. Am I clear?” She’d say it in a firm tone, enforcing that she meant every word. She’d then go back to her normal, soft, volume and teach the lesson as she was before.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: She would politely chat to the other teachers, getting to know them and discussing school appropriate topics such as lesson planning, and classes. Vivienne would keep it purely professional, reminding herself that these people are her colleagues that she works with, and so she must keep it purely work related unless she has intentions of making friends with them, outside of the school.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Vivienne would pick up her charcoal, carefully dotting it repeatedly on the canvas as she’d slowly start to fill up a drawing. She’d carefully then walk over to the sink washing the charcoal off of her hands, and patting her hands dry with a paper towel. Facing the class, she’d ask “Did everyone understand that technique? I can come round, and show you all if you need help.” in a calm tone. She’d then instruct the students to do the assignment given, and stand up. She’d walk around a little, overseeing all of her student’s lovely work and quietly bending down to a student’s level. “Sweetie, I believe you’re doing steps two and three in the wrong order, however it’s an easy fix, as it is art after all. I will help you, if that’s alright?” she’d say in a calm, mellow tone. Upon waiting for the student’s approval, she’d fix their work and smile, gently laying a hand on their shoulder in reassurance and walking off, proceeding on her lap around the class.

/me she would pick up around five vases, holding them in her arms and walking over to where the student’s desks are located. She’d place one of five of the desks, then walk back to her storage cupboard. Vivienne would pick up more of the vases, placing them on the desks again and repeating this until all the desks had a vase on. She would then walk to the classroom sink, filling up her watering can and walking around, to every single desk and filling them a third of the way with water. She’d finish, and place the watering can back where it lives, next to the sink. She would finally pick up a bouquet of roses and place one red rose in each water-filled vase. As she's walking around, doing her mundane tasks she would smile brightly, pleased with how she is planning and preparing for her lesson!

/me Vivienne would pick up a small stick of chalk, referencing the laptop on her desk and starting to draw a robin. She’d carefully make sure the outline of her sketch was realistic to the photo, adjusting any sort of errors or oversights with a chalk eraser. Pressing down lightly on the chalk, she’d begin to shade the bird’s stomach slowly pressing harder where thicker, more concentrated chalk is needed to show the shadows. When done, she’d lift up the laptop with her chalky hands and reference her drawing to the picture once again editing any mistakes, no matter how small, and making sure it was perfect to present to her class. She’d then place her laptop back, strolling over to the sink and turning the tap to hot. Gently splashing her hands under the water, she’d then apply soap and lather it for thirty seconds before rinsing it off, and patting her hands dry with a small hand towel. She’d walk back over to the desk, grabbing a paper towel and brushing the remaining chalk off of her desk, laptop and workspace.

/me she’d quietly, and carefully, sit down at her desk placing her small tote bag on the floor to her left. She’d bend down, quietly slipping her laptop out of the bag and placing it gently on the desk. She would open her bag once more, pulling out an iced coffee and placing it on the desk, to the right of her laptop at the end of the desk so as to not spill. She would then open the coffee, taking a sip and placing it back. Opening her laptop, she’d begin to sing quietly to herself ‘7 rings’ by Ariana Grande. Typing in her password, she’d log on and begin typing her lesson plan only taking breaks to think, or to drink her iced coffee. Eventually, she would finish the lesson plan and leave for the faculty room, standing up and placing her bag on the desk. She’d pick up her laptop, carefully sliding it in her bag in a safe position. She’d throw the iced coffee cup away, picking up her bag and placing it over her shoulder. Flicking off the lights, Vivienne would shut the door and firmly lock it. Double checking that it was locked correctly she’d walk away, satisfied with her progress and proud of herself.

Backstory:
Vivienne Dupois, commonly known as Viv, is a female of Afro-French descent. Born in the South of France, more specifically in a small town called Béziers, to her two loving parents, she was truly given the opportunity to bloom as an individual. Adette and Jacque, her parents, though not rich in any sense they certainly supported Vivienne in all ways whether that be moral support at critical times, or financial aid that they provided all her adolescent years. With wonderful, supportive parents Vivienne was destined for greatness the moment she was born.

Very early on, it was apparent she differed from the rest! Not only in physical capabilities, hailing from her strength and great stamina though also from her mental strength. The iron-willed, unbending female stood up for herself when no one else would. With no siblings, or close friends, Vivienne was left to fend for herself at school and such places; though this only strengthened her and helped to shape her into the magnificent person she stands as today.

Though strong, life has not thrown many struggles Vivienne’s way. From birth, she was nurtured and loved. Never able to feel real pain or hurt, constantly sheltered. This upbringing perhaps forced her to adopt some unsavory habits… These, though little, certainly built up and accumulated to her becoming more stuck-up than she’d like to admit. Due to her kind nature, Vivienne fortunately always treats everyone with respect and kindness though she certainly isn’t perfect and definitely has extremely high standards. Standards as high as her’s can be seen as realistic, though for her they set an example that she holds herself to as to ensure all her work, and communication is her best. If it is not her best, she will not be proud of it. This very attitude is what passed her through highschool with flying colors! As a straight A student, and president of the student council she was exemplary, and still carries such an aura into her workplace even today.

After finishing school, Vivienne knew she wanted to lead. She had her heart absolutely set on leading, whether it be in a management position or simply just leading a class she was determined to meet her goal. Through this desire, she began exploring her options. She knew she had always been good at art, as she was often found the best at it in her area. Her passion for this carried through until her adulthood, and that was when she finally decided to chase her dreams and enroll in an art school. After flying through the school, she graduated top of her class with a Master’s degree in the arts, her majors being drawing and painting. As she progressed her way through several teaching courses, she finally felt ready to start applying around for a job. Though searching far and wide, she found a school she finally truly loved. Karakura High School. Things flew from here, and before she knew it she was at the front of a class and teaching students.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Vivienne Dubois
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Viv
Preferred Name: Vivienne
Age (Minimum is 27): Twenty eight
Religious Denomination: Shintoism
Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: French
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Master’s degree in the Arts.
Year of Graduation: 2018
Major(s): Drawing and painting.
Minors: Art history.

Native Languages: French
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No, I do not. Not as of right now, anyway.
Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

An image of Vivienne's current skin!

Thank you for reading!​

Last edited:

Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
DENIED
Unfortunately, we have denied your application today

We don't find you suitable for this position right now and would suggest you add detail next time you apply

Users who are viewing this thread