Dragonfluffers

Do you have Discord?:
CasTrash#7886

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I do,

What is your time zone?:

EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I entirely understand and accept this. I will try my best to prevent this by going along and logging on daily, as usual.

Describe your activity on the server:
10/10. I am extremely active on SRP and can be easily found/located if needed or required. I often am around my friends and remain very much available while I am online, which is almost always.

Do you have any previous bans?:

I do not presently have any bans, and I am strongly remaining determined to keep it as such.

Links to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Denied:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/hs-dragonfluffers-council-application.38526/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.34715/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application-weewoo.34213/

Accepted:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.34716/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.34486/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-rank-request.29017/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-application.28977/
[Various trivial glitched item applications. . .]

What is your current role on the server?

Grade 12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I intend on taking one of the art teacher positions.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher is for new experiences. I’d like to try something new on SRP that I have been considering, whilst learning from others and adapting to a new environment. Becoming a teacher would give me opportunities to learn from new people around me that I haven’t interacted with before while making new connections. The art teacher position seems like an ideal position for my character, seeing as he loves art very dearly. I’d love to help guide students and be someone to talk to around on the server.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I entirely accept this, seeing as I’d like to be properly introduced to my position and how things are operated.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Classroom logs help indicate the classes you are holding, if you are properly working during a class, and how many you have held. They help ensure everything is going smoothly during classes.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  • Do not raise your voice in the classroom.
  • Do not be afraid to ask questions, as the classroom is a place of learning, and questions lead to informational answers and further discussion.
  • There will be absolutely no fighting, verbal or physical.
  • Usage of foul language of any kind, regardless of context is punishable, as it is against school rules
  • Do not disturb an in-session class.
  • Behave appropriately, please do not eat, drink, or be on your phone, to ensure you do pay your best attention to the class presently in session.
  • Treat your peers, your teacher, your materials, and your art with respect.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve spent a very long time roleplaying. It was something I discovered as a kid that I found to be immensely entertaining, and something I oddly enough ended up fixating on. I’ve had many years of practice, learning from others and adapting and I like to think that it has been worth something, and displayed in my interactions on the server with those around me. I’ve only been RPing for a bit on SRP but I believe I am skilled.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department

↳ Description:
The head of a specific department with the most authority, they are to be respected. These individuals assist lower levels while ensuring that everything is properly in check. They know everything in their department and have the most experience.

- QT

↳ Meaning:
Qualified teacher

↳ Description:
Qualified Teachers are previous newly qualified teachers, moving up a rank with more experience and are identified and respected as such. They have more experience in their teachings and are promoted via. Recognition for their hard work. They are typically granted more trust and freedom with their work and classes.

- NQT

↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:
These teachers are fairly new, They are qualified and in the first rank available to hold their classes, trusted with this rank after a particular amount of training.

- UT

↳ Meaning:
Under Training

↳ Description:
Brand new! They have just joined the teacher team and are working to become an NQT through training! They are still faculty members and still have the same FearRP perms, however, they cannot host classes until they are NQT.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers serve functionality and educate the students. They are the point of attending school and put students in place if necessary. Students learn from them and set them as an example as to how to act. This qualifies both in real life and on the server. Teachers serve as a mentor for students and work through their jobs with as much professionalism as possible. They use their spare time to grade work and look after students, even in their off-time. They work to help students to succeed, to help them, and to be someone to look up to. Teachers are paid 450,000-500,000 yen, regarding how many classes they teach. Teachers in SRP are only allowed to teach four for an OOC day.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are essential to SchoolRP. Without teachers, there wouldn’t be any functionality in the school. There would be little to no punishment and more chaos than school. Teachers enforce as well as educate, contributing to the environment whilst doing their jobs.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Must have, should have, could have has been used in the past, I believe. I’m unsure what the lesson planning system entirely is, But I’d love to be taught and informed of such during my training.

Character Knowledge

Russell was a very uniquely dressed individual, being someone difficult to miss. He was seen around pink hair and attire you wouldn’t expect to regularly see, typically dressed in pink with some sort of various Sanrio accessories. He typically kept these trinkets around as a result of such things being his special interest, specifically My Melody or Hello Kitty, being an easy conversation starter with him. He stood at 7’0 with a serious-seeming facial structure that was littered with scruff around his chin, decorated with freckles and easily identifiable scarring from past events. he was extremely soft personality-wise, Being this way made it oddly simple to catch people off guard but easily matched the clothing he wore.

Russell grew up in a household where proper parenting and guidance were impossible to see, resulting in admiration in his teachers and older peers. This made Russ easily want to join them, see through their eyes and help students in the same way he sought as a child. He’s very warm and fuzzy to his students, looking forward to being someone that can educate them whilst being as kind and polite as he can be. He isn't easy to lose his temper, walking the fine line between overly sweet to students whilst still being able to deal punishments as necessary.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Russell would move towards the group, quickly drawing conclusions to the situation and taking action, seeing as nobody else was present there to do so. He’d kindly address the students, requesting that they please cease their problematic behavior, as it is against the rules, or else there will have to be further punishment issued. He’d proceed in this manner, after 2 or 3 warnings of the same nature, in progressing sternness, he’d issue the group detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Russ would observe the classroom, making sure everyone is safe and in good condition, as the conditions under such a loud class may differ, one of them being potential danger. After he did this, he had multiple methods of quieting a class, such as talking quietly until everyone lowered their voice enough to hear what he had to say, raise a hand to catch everybody’s attention, address students, or start writing on the board to progress with the lesson, inevitably regaining his student’s focus. If a specific student was causing a problem then he could warn, or even remove them from the classroom if it was forced to that conclusion.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Russell would try his best to be friendly and open to his fellow teachers and workers, ensuring he behave appropriately and display a warm and caring persona while conversating. If uncomfortable, Russell would stay quiet, taking care to allow other teachers to go through with their work without being a disturbance or nuisance.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me &dHe smiles warmly at the class in front of himself, watching the seats finish filling themselves for a moment as he waited to speak. As he determines it is time for class to start, he addresses the class, further beginning. &7”I’m so glad all of you decided to show up!” &dHe says softly, benefiting the comforting atmosphere. He turns to the board displayed behind him, written boldly on the surface read ‘Color theory.’ &7”..Can any of you guess what we’re going to be discussing today?” He hums quizzically as his hand drifted across the board, marking it with his writing.

/me &dHe giddily watched over his classroom, an excited bounce in his stance as he glanced over every student’s face. Without a word to explain his excitement, he darted towards the corner of his room, where he had a series of posters prepared, evidence of previous work he had put together throughout planning. &7”I truly hope you all enjoy this lesson!” &dhe chirps, moving back to his original position with them tucked under his arm and taking one of the boards, excitedly holding it up as if it was an advertisement. The board enthusiastically read ‘Aesthetics in Artwork’, demonstrated in bubble letters.

/me &dHe watched over the student silently, still, despite the long amount of time he’d have endured this, issuing said student warnings and reminders, a look of disproval and disappointment evident on his face. &7”I.. Sincerely apologize, but if you persist with this behavior, I’m unfortunately going to have to assign you detention..” He says reluctantly, a small sigh lingering afterward, indicating a sense of sadness alongside his reluctance to do so.

./me &dhe sat for a moment in silence in the talkative classroom, a sense of alarm in his demeanor as he looked over his students, trying to sense if there was a reason to be in such a state. After a moment, he sighs to calm himself, lifting his hand into the air in an attempt to grab his class’s attention. &7”Hello, there, everyone!” he chuckled awkwardly, &7”I’d like to continue with today’s plans without further delay, please quiet down.”

Backstory

Russell grew up in a broken home, facing pain, abuse, and various forms of mistreatment that lead to how he behaves today. He moved to karakura later in his life, with two of his siblings, determined to get as far away from their horrific childhood as possible. With this pain, Russ learned to cope in various ways, one of his favorites being art. He drew and used his creativity in many odd ways. Being a coping mechanism for such horrible things, resulted in some very strange art he created and found himself immensely attached to. This helped him see the beauty in art around him, and grow an attachment to creating and looking at art.

Russell moved to Karakura soon after he and two of his siblings could, Wanting to escape as far as possible, they moved to where he is now. He found himself astounded by the beauty of Karakura, becoming somewhere he thought he never wanted to leave. Through his time here he kept working on art, with new inspiration from the beautiful setting he’d found himself in, somewhere entirely new and somewhere he felt safe.

Russ found himself overwhelmed by the school environment but quickly turned those feelings into comfort through the time he had there, finding family there he never had before and adapting to the newly discovered world around him. He found himself still drawn to the art he so adamantly held close to his heart, being something he had no matter his troubles, and no matter the difficulties he went through. Something that he found he could rely on when people and words failed him, when he was mistreated and when he had nobody to talk to.

Russell found himself attached to his Teachers, finding them to be people he can look up to and talk to when he was overwhelmed during his classes. He found them to be the authority he can rely on, the adults that gave him faith in who he could be as a person. He wanted to be one of them, someone who could help people, and he decided to strive to do so. With art being something he deeply admired, he fused the two passions. Russ could share his love for art, expanding his skill and learning from his students as they learned from him. He could share how he felt and teach others to do the same,

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Russell Chelov

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr. [Use of other gendered titles is not discouraged.]

Given Name(s):
Russell

Preferred Name:
Russell

Age (Minimum is 27):

Religious Denomination:
N/A

Marital Status:
Married

Nationality:

Russian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:

Bachelor’s degree

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Art, Teaching

Minors:
Graphic Design, Psychology.

Native Languages:
Russian, Japanese.

Other Languages:
English.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No, Not yet.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Art Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread