Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
_Cactus_#0571

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
CST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive, you will be demoted?:
Yes, more than likely I will inform a higher up when I might be offline for long periods (vacation, possible outages, etc).

Describe your activity on the server:
I play almost every single day; Weekdays are about 3-4 hours or less and weekends are probably 7-8 hours. Although sometimes I will just get on so I can check if it is a good time for roleplay or something similar. I like keeping long streaks.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I do not.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
[Old] Character Bio

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're a college, specify your degree level):
Highschool (regular)

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Art

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I genuinely adore the idea of teaching a class, the setting, the atmosphere, and just the overall feel of it makes me feel at home

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?
To ensure that every teacher does the required number of classes to get their pay of 350,000 yen. It is also useful to ensure that the rule stating no more than 4 classes a day is followed and not broken. Another use is it can also be used to track extra classes so that bonuses can be given accordingly the bonus classes you can do are about 10 (while staying in the rules) and you will give a 50,000 yen bonus.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1.) Be the best you that you can be.
2.) Be professional (no flirting, fighting, or things of the like)
3.) Be respectful, be kind.
4.) No harsh language (cursing/slurs).
5.) Keep devices off unless of an emergency or given permission.
6.) Work hard, always try your best.
7.) Bullying will never be tolerated.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've done many different roleplays on many different servers and platforms. Usually, my characters will have some dramatic backstory but I decided to keep it somewhat realistic ( DramaticRP, RomanticRP, VillianRP, etc.)

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: A teacher level with the most experience and knowledge. They keep watch over other teachers to ensure they are working professionally. They can also be asked questions by other teachers.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A regular teacher with an adequate amount of knowledge. They've passed their training levels but still could use the room for improvement in some departments.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has just passed their training, will need lots of constructive criticism. There is lots of room for improvement and they haven't had much time as a teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher still in training who is learning the ins and outs of teaching, they are not yet qualified to teach but hopefully will be later on.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
The teacher's role is to ready high schoolers for graduation. Their salary is 350,000 yen if they meet the 15 required classes without doing more than 4 in one day. Teachers can also gain a bonus for completing 10 extra classes.

They're expected to act professionally in and out of the classroom. It is ideal to have the goal of teaching students all they need to know about their subject. Teachers outside of school have regular human lives but are expected to act like reasonable adults. Their teaching styles may be different; Some could be more hands-on, others may prefer a more out-of-the-book type of style, regardless they are expected to teach effectively. Teachers in and out of school should focus on ways to make their classes a better place to learn. No teacher is ever perfect; There will always be room for improvement.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
SchoolRP is basically based on the classes, without teachers either Schoolrp wouldn't be as fun, interactive, and engaging or it would be in complete chaos with just anyone being able to be a teacher and probably ending up with less of a realistic roleplay. The teachers are truly the pillars of SchoolRP and without them, we wouldn't have the server we know now.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoScOw - Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?
Jade A. Gardener is a 27-year-old, 5'3 American-born female.
Her hair is short, brown, and fluffy while her skin is pale with a slight pink undertone.
Her eyes are green with specks of amber around the pupil.

Jade is a very outgoing, social person. Regardless of being in or out of school grounds she always tries to have fun. Being around students makes Jade feel very happy, she loves teaching students about art and will do anything to make it fun. Her classroom would most likely have one or two plants on the windowsills. Not only is she outgoing but also frequently will crack a joke or two in the teacher's lounge. She still holds her American pride dear to her heart and will often celebrate American holidays in her own personal ways. But when it comes to her students, Jade can also be very protective, she doesn't tolerate bullying and will snap into a stricter personality when confronting a bully. When she is older she plans on becoming a part-time gardener with her specialty being Venus flytraps, one of which she keeps as a pet on her desk (their name is Karl)

Scenarios
/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
She would first try to get the attention of the students, once achieved she would tell them that they shouldn't swear in school that it is an environment for learning and not throwing slurs left and right. Next, she would give them a warning, saying that if these actions continued, they would be sent to detention. After if they continued to cause trouble, she would promptly send all participants to detention. If they continued to cause such drama, she would inform the principal of their actions and allow them to handle it from there.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
She would first give them a chance to quiet down on their own before whistling loudly to try and quiet them. If they continued, she would crack her neck then grab a hefty book and slam it down on the desk then explain they would be doing bookwork for acting so disrespectfully. Those who continued to cause a disruption she would issue a warning to. If they somehow decided to ignore the warning, she would send them to detention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She would usually act very chill, making a few jokes and planning get-togethers with other teachers.

Provide at least 4 detailed /Me's of your character inside a classroom:

/Me
She walked to her desk, which was in front of the chalkboard, and misted Karl, a healthy Venus flytrap. She then sighed loathingly, realizing that she probably was going to encounter one or two disruptive classes today. She grabbed a jar of flies to feed Karl and her lesson plans, just where could she improve on, she pondered. After a minute of ****yzing her plans, she gently fed Karl one of the flies and sat back down.
/Me with the class just starting she did a quick prayer that she may keep her sanity with the students and not blow upon them, she did some breathing exercises and looked over her lesson plans. It seemed as if today they would be [assignment name] her favorite. She smiled and breathed deeply before sitting at her desk and allowing the students a moment to get situated and comfortable.
/Me she stood from her desk, stretching a little, the class was halfway done, and she wanted an excuse to walk around the class, so she used the time to check over students' art and give criticism. Most had been doing their work and were nearly done but she knew there would be some using her class as nap time or a time to work on other assignments, as far as she was aware her class wasn't in kindergarten nor was her class study hall.
/Me Class was over after a few hours; she sighed happily and took up the remaining student's work some were finished some weren't, regardless she reminded the students that this week's art assignment would be due at the end of the week and taken up as a test grade. Once everyone had left, she walked back inside to put the assignments up so she could grade them at the next break time.

Backstory

Jade grew up in a quiet American city, with her aunt and uncle. Her aunt and uncle put her under harsh Christian-based rules that she grew to resent. Some of them were fair - the others were simply used to frame her as a bad kid. Around her teen years, she decided to move in with her older cousin who lived in the more western states. Jade and her cousin were very close with their grandparents who lived in Karakura. They would often visit them on summer break and go sightseeing around the town, specifically the mountains. Once Jade had graduated high school she originally wanted to go into agriculture; however, she realized that gardening was merely a hobby for her and not something she wanted to pursue as a career. Jade eventually decided she wanted to go into art. As a child, Jade would often draw small holiday drawings to sell at school, she, eventually became notorious for it. After she graduated college with her bachelorette degree, she began working as an artist for hire and was often given very little money for these tasks. Eventually - she grew tired of the job, she got very little money, was often given large tasks under a short time frame, and was expected nothing but perfection from nearly all of her clients. The stress drove her to quit her job and move to Karakura with her grandparents. When she stayed with them, she felt calmer and more at peace. Her grandparents, concerned with her not having a job, later told her of Karakura High, which was a nearby high school that needed a few more teachers. She first brushed off the idea, thinking she would have to speak some foreign language she had never been taught, or that she wasn't ready to teach high schoolers. Her grandparents assured her that most of the students spoke English and that it was a very accepting environment. Jade considered the offer for quite a bit; she had never been a teacher nor wanted to be one; plus, she just didn't know anything about being one, so she decided to do research. A few months had passed before she finally decided to become a teacher, the benefits of a calm environment and the ability to give kids a chance to learn about the beauty of art had convinced her. So, she applied to become an art teacher.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Jade Gardener
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Jade (sometimes Ally)
Preferred Name:
Jade

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Christian
Marital Status:

Not married

Nationality:
American
Current Location:
KaraKura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

5 years

Academic Degree:
Bachelorette
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Fine Arts
Minors:
Art history and criticism

Native Languages:
English
Other Languages:
None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No
Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

(Under the circumstance that I am accepted) Am I allowed to decorate my class could I add in various plants [including a fake Karl the Venus flytrap] even though it doesn't pertain to my teaching subject?

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however I've come to the decision to deny this application

- A lot of your Out-Of-Character section needs improvement & detail.​

Users who are viewing this thread