Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do acknowledge this.

Describe your activity on the server:
On my main account, I roleplay with my group of friends as well as the clan my character is involved in. When school comes around I will attend classes or sit somewhere with my character's girlfriend. Usually, my time on the server will consist of 8 hours a day, but in the past, it has gone even to 14 hours without me realizing it. That will change eventually when I do get a job, though I will try my best to be as active as possible. I will do my best to divide my time evenly between my main account, GunhaSogiita, and my alternate account, JulianKeller, the one I will be applying to be a teacher on.

Do you have any previous bans?:
I have no previous bans on the server.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
GunhaSogiitas Russian App | SchoolRP This is my only application for the server, it was made for my main account.

What are your current role(s) on the server? :
Currently, on my main account, I am a Grade-12 that will be applying for college next time the exams happen. On the account I’m applying with, the grade is Grade-8, though it is a fox at the moment. I am aware that if accepted my animal whitelist will be taken and I am fine with that.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Art

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher is to create a different environment in my class, but also it’s the amazing teachers I’ve encountered during my time in SchoolRP. Ever since I joined the server I have seen amazing teachers on the server, they have been respectful and they have helped teach players many things. I would like to be given the chance to be like those teachers I have met, I would want to get people excited for my class and help them out and help teach them things they might not have known. I wish to make people more excited for the school portion of SchoolRP instead of having them try to sneak out of the front/back gates thinking the staff isn’t watching. My motivation for becoming a teacher on SRP is to help motivate students to WANT to come to classes rather than avoid them.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role at UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs help to keep track of how many classes a month teachers host. They are important because they indicate the level of activity of the teacher, and account for the classes that are hosted.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Rules of the classroom include:
No eating in class:
It can disrupt those around trying to pay attention
No phones in class:
Also a distraction in class, and can be a disruptor
Respecting your teacher and your peers while in the classroom:
One of the most important rules to follow, respecting your peers and teacher will earn you back the respect of your teacher.
Only speak Japanese in class:
Unless otherwise authorized, speaking Japanese in class is recommended so that there is no confusion between the teacher and the student.
No sleeping in class
Disruptions in class are not tolerated
No unauthorized items or illegal items in the classroom
The same rules apply to those that are applied to the school rules concerning weapons or unauthorized/illegal items.
Above all, the school rules still apply within the classroom as they do the school.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
As of this time I have been roleplaying for 6 almost 7 years now. I started to roleplay when I was around 13 and at that time it was just with a group of friends that I had met on a server until we decided to join another roleplay server and my experience evolved from there. After a few years of playing on the said server, I got tired of the small community and lack of planning when it came to roleplaying and eventually left. I then went with my friends to another server who had a small community as well, but their planning was good and the roleplay was frequent and enjoyable. Though then a few of the friends I had made found School RP in late 2020 and invited me to come along and join them and I got hooked almost instantly, playing as much as I could every day. During my first few months on the server, I easily learned the rules the server had in general and for roleplaying and did my best to follow them and become more detailed with RP. A few months into 2021 I left then I chose to come back towards the end of the year and ever since then I have been playing on the server constantly and I believe I have become more detailed with roleplay.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The highest promotion a teacher can receive on the server as part of the teacher faction. HDs know a lot about their subject and can be responsible for teaching some of the UTs the ropes of SRP teaching.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Once a teacher has been promoted to a qualified teacher, usually after 25 classes in one month, they are free to host classes as they please without an SLT present to observe.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has been through teacher training and is prepared to start their first set of classes.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has just joined the faction, they are not yet qualified to be teaching classes at school and are going through teacher training. They also can observe other teachers.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, and what they do in their spare time in general.

The purpose of teachers on SRP is to allow a more organized and fun way to provide entertainment not only to the teacher but the students on SRP. With detailed lessons and actual activities to complete in the classroom, teachers provide a safe place where people can get away from reality and just simply role-play, guided by the rules of the server and faction rules of course.

Teachers earn a salary of 350,000 yen, however, a bonus of 50,000 yen can be earned from completing an extra 5 classes for the month, rather than the required 10.

Teachers on SRP can teach in a plethora of styles. From my experience lately, I have seen teachers use lectures mainly to teach, though other teachers try to include games for the students to participate in such as trivia. With 3 periods to teach from it allows for enough time to report to students important information, and even include a game of sorts within the lesson plan. Planning lessons ahead of time is also important for certain teachers to carry out, as it keeps the classroom organized and less chaotic. Additionally, students are more likely to participate in class when they know they will be rewarded for good or hard work, therefore motivating a quiz or an assignment can help to keep students from becoming too rowdy.

In their spare time, when they are not teaching, teachers can usually be found mingling with other teachers in the lounge, or when it is not school hours, teachers usually hang around their families, or other faculty members/ adults that they know ICLY. Teachers are under no circumstances allowed to gang role play or combat roleplay.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to the SchoolRP server because they are the backbone of the educational fulfillments of the server. They plan lessons and host classes so that students may have a chance to interact with teachers and other students during the weekdays on the server to fulfill roleplaying desires. Not only do they provide fun lessons for students to work on but they also are highly experienced role players, due to the application process that is necessary to become a teacher, making the experience more enjoyable for everyone on the server.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Must have, should have, could have, won't have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Jensen would stand at six feet, four inches, weighing at around one hundred eighty-eight pounds, having a tiny bit of a muscular figure, though he would be relatively skinny as well. His hair would be dark brown, almost to the point of being black and his eyes would be a lighter shade of brown. He would be Caucasian though his skin would be a little tanned naturally, not needing to get much sunlight to keep the tan. His clothing will normally consist of a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his shoulders, having dress pants and dress shoes on underneath, and keeping a somewhat formal attire for class.

Jensen is unique due to the way he looks at the world as well as the art subject itself. He isn’t going to just have his students draw a painting every period, he’s going to focus on teaching them the importance of art. He also plans on taking them outside on the roof or somewhere in the school to teach them about another form of art, photography. He’ll go over multiple different forms of art with the students to see if some of them may enjoy drawing or other types of art like photography.

Jensen’s outlook on students is knowing that they all can perform well in the class. That nobody is born with a set determined expanse of knowledge and that knowledge can always change and grow over time as long as students put in the work and understanding to better themselves.

Jensen’s outlook on teachers and faculty members would be that of a kind-hearted person. He understands the struggle of handling students at times and can relate to other teachers who are proud to represent Karakura’s school. Jensen is naturally friendly, so he has no problem getting along with other teachers, not seeing them as competitors, but as trusting team members who will always have his back in a situation.

Jensen’s plans for the future consist of teaching to the best of his ability and gaining the trust of his coworkers as well as of the students. In addition to this Jensen strives to be the best teacher he can be, reaching QT and then possibly HD in the future, would be his ultimate goal, other than giving the students the enjoyment of participating in his class.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would approach the students who were breaking the school rules, and in a calm and collected voice ask them to stop making a ruckus in the hallways. Reminding them that loitering and swearing on school grounds is not approved in the policy of the school. If the students continued to swear I would administer them detention, and if further action is required an SLT would be contacted.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Firstly, I would pinpoint the students that are causing the problem, and ask them nicely to stop. If after several instances of students continuously not listening in my classroom, I would use the school radio system to contact an SLT member to assist me with my class. Though if no SLT member was present, I would still radio for some assistance from another member of the faculty.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When in the teacher's lounge, Jensen would most likely be seen sitting in one of the many chairs provided for faculty, probably on his second or third cup of coffee at this point. He would be enjoying his break between classes in the morning chatting with a few of the other faculty, building the bonds between them, laughing heartily at their jokes, before making a few copies of his upcoming assignment for his students.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
would reach over his desk, picking up the stack of paintings that rested there. Tapping the stack on the desk three times before looking amongst the class, eyeing the students. Preparing to pass out the painting examples, he would walk up and down the aisles handing out a painting to every student.

/me held the ruler in his hand, promptly tapping it against the board. Circling the hair of the painting, he’d show how the artist changed to a lighter brown when the hair was in the light. Turning to the class ensuring they are understanding the lesson before continuing.

/me pulling his laptop out of his backpack, he would place it on the desk before him nearly immediately typing away on his keyboard, pulling a hand away to grab at his coffee, taking it up to his mouth before taking a sip and looking around the students quietly drawing in his classroom.

/me approached the sleeping student sitting in the front row of his classroom tapping lightly on the desk before peering over at them, watching as the other students observed his actions before speaking in a low tone.

Backstory
Jensen Nyberg was born to his parents Van and Amalia in Denmark in the year 1992. Van and Amalia were high school sweethearts and their relationship continued up towards college, but one day Amalia unexpectedly became pregnant. The two believed that they would be good parents even though neither of them had graduated college yet, but once Jensen was born tension formed between the two. At first, they argued every few months, just small arguments and not about much, but eventually, it became monthly. By the time Jensen had turned two years old, his parents were arguing almost daily, their arguments seemed to never end and it got to the point where Amalia had left while she was only engaged to Van.

Once Amalia had left, Van had to take care of Jensen all by himself and he ended up leaving him in the care of his father, Christofelle, a widowed artist who was on the verge of retiring. Christofelle was glad to take care of his son's child, though he assumed Van would be back in a few years once he got his life together, Van died when Jensen was five years old. Jensen then ended up permanently staying in Christofelle’s care and this caused Christofelle to continue his art career to keep funding for Jensen's childhood and schooling. Since Jensen grew up in a house with original artworks covering the wall and since his guardian was a well-known artist, he naturally was attracted to the subject.

In elementary school, Jensen passed the required art classes with straight A’s every year and once high school came around he took the art electives that the school had to offer. Even in high school he was still able to pass, being at the top of his class and even impressing his grandfather with his drawings and paintings. Jensen chose not to stop there though, he wanted to make a career out of what he enjoyed and so he went to college in America for this.

Jensen chose to take an art major as well as a major in photography, a type of art that he enjoyed a lot in his spare time. He wasn’t too sure about what he wanted for his minors so he thought about it and decided to take architecture due to it involves art in a way. His second minor he chose was botany since he had an interest in plant life and his favorite types of drawings were detailing different rare types of plants. After Jensen had graduated with a bachelor's in college he chose to start a career as an art teacher, starting in his local town's high school. Eventually, after Christofelle had passed away, Jensen decided it was time to move on from his town, moving to Karakura to become an art teacher at the city's high school.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Jensen Nyberg
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Jensen Nyberg
Preferred Name: Mr. Nyberg (formal) Jensen (informal)

Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Danish
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience:
7 years

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s degree
Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): Art and Photography
Minors: Architecture and Botany

Native Languages: Danish
Other Languages: Japanese, English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: N/A

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

I already said it once but I'll say it again. This current MC account is on a fox, but I know it’ll get removed if I get accepted so I just wanted to let you know that I'm fine with that.
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

-
Your explanation for teacher roles are too short. You may re-apply with the same application once edited.

Users who are viewing this thread