players online

Accepted Art Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC INFORMATION

IGN (In Game Name): MentallyManic
Previous bans: None that I can recall.

Describe your activity on the server:

I’m one of the Savage Pandas, so as such, I have been involved with gang activity. However, if I became a teacher, I would be forced to leave the group as teachers should not be in a gang in my opinion. I love the group with a passion, though the sheer number that vocalize within it gives me anxiety, I believe that I could handle a group of children should it just be text chat.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?

Yes, I am frequently assaulted by the random base noises that people make as pranks within the server’s teamspeak.
Do you have a microphone?
Yes, an old one soon to be replaced.

List your current and past applications:

The only applications I have ever done have been for physical world jobs.

What is your motivation for applying?

I’m applying for the General Arts Teacher position in the Art department. As such, my motivation is to inspire children who previously did just dabble in art to have a serious go at it on this server. If they do not actually act out my art class in real life, I hope to at least increase their roleplay skills as I expect them to be very specific in what they write in the general chat or /me.

I intend to instill within them all the competitive spirit that is artistry. My hope is that they shall post their artwork onto the forums, much like the creative artwork competition that is going on right now.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):

As a student, I have personally taken many public and private art classes from a multitude of teachers over the years. I saw things that I liked and what I didn’t like, I hope to apply those skills later on within the School RP server.

As a Teacher, I have roleplayed as the Art Teacher within many Housings within the server Hypixel, amassing a decent number of students each time. I hope to do an even better job on this server.

Your Teachers In Game Name (Make it relevant to your Minecraft Name):
Jessie M. Manic
Your Teachers In Game Age: 28
Teachers Subject: General Arts

Have you read & understood the megathread?
It was a lot to handle, but I have a grasp on it.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?

I would crack down on the handing out of items by teachers without reason besides request.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The teachers in game seem to have a strange roll as actual classes have yet to be taught as of right now until a certain number of teachers join and a certain amount of applications have been filed. If I am not chosen, I hope this application counts towards classes being started.

I have witnessed teachers joining gangs, yet not fighting, as well as general tomfoolery. I, myself, find it unacceptable, but that’s not within my realm of concerns.

In the physical world, I’ve had teachers of all different makes, ranging from those that curse to those that dislike even the slightest peep from those in class. It taught me that teachers aren’t just robotic mechanisms of the school system, but people themselves.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:

Without teachers, who would in character control the masses, sure moderators do the job, but they don’t stop regular flights from occurring, nor do they halt bulling.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Ms. Manic has bright blue and pink cotton candy hair that she dyes monthly. Her natural hair color being brown so her roots might show through around the end of the month. Always wearing a stained repurposed lab coat and goggles, she makes her daily trek to school by foot. Since she rarely goes outside, besides the walk to and from school, she is very pale. A blue eyed beauty, minus the beauty, she likes to primp herself every morning.

She is slightly unhinged, explaining how to do things in ways that don’t quite make sense, like, if one were to ask,” How do I color this?” she would answer,” See the borders within your life, and do your best to break them in spontaneous ways.” Slightly hippy dippy, she likes to try and keep a good outlook on life, even on her bad days.

Ms. Manic is a fun loving, laid back kind of teacher. She may look the other way once if it’s a minor offence, but come back with a vengeance if the problem isn’t addressed. Major offences such as drug use in school or fighting around the premises is immediately dealt with in a very biased manner.
She sees the students as fresh eggs ready to hatch, they just need to be properly incubated first. Every student has potential in them, even those who are the absolute worst. Everyone can do at least something if they try and will be rewarded for doing so.

She will always carry around her favorite snack, Conchas, that she may or may not hand out to student for being good. I like to think that she buys a set number of conchas every morning from a Spanish bakery on her way to school, detouring the opposite direction just to pick up the sugary bread.

Ms. Manic is very lazy, and only ever gets worked up during major offences, or things involving food, normally walking slowly in between areas, or even showing up late to her own class. Namely found in her art room between classes or in the lunchroom, trying to get a snack if her conchas are all gone.

She is always hungry, constantly annoying other teachers for any food they may have on them.
SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Crack down and send them off to detention, or make them do cleanup work in my classroom under threat of detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Casually mention an exam and go into details about what to do, if they don’t listen, that’s their fault.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
The first thing she would do is steal lunches from the staff refrigerator. Quickly scarfing at least two down before making a hasty retreat.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me quickly scrabbles down an example in 2B Pencil on regular old printing paper, pulling out a tack to pin in up on the purple board behind her.

/me slowly paints out a large scale outline of a head in red paint on the massive paper she has pinned to the board behind her desk, calling for her students to watch and learn.

/me sketches out one of the students in pinks and greys in front of her as they draw the composition she has set out for them.

/me lazily calls to the student with their hand raised, imploring them to ask anything that they need to.

/me pulls out the book,” Viking knights”, pointing to it and asking students to create a cover for it based on the title.

BACKSTORY

Jessie was a lonely child growing up, having no brothers nor sisters to keep her company. She only had her crazy mother to keep her company as her father refused to interact with her emotionally, only there to help provide for the family.

School was difficult for her, she could never seem to focus on anything, so up and down her grades went. On top of that, her inherent weirdness gained her a following of bullies. It didn’t take long for things to escalate. The bullies taunted and tormented her daily, to the point that she would come home crying to her mother each night. Things went on like that for years, the only difference being that she got medicated for her attention deficit disorder. Eventually though, throughout the years, her chipper demeanor went down the drain, by grade three she was in a deep depression. A depression that lasted seven years. During that time, she turned to art to express herself and to relieve the bad emotions coursing through her.

It took a while, but she finally got help and medicine that brought her back to her chipper self, she even got rid of the bullies and made a few friends that were okay with helping her through her problems. Though, the damage had been done, she had gone slightly insane from the constant torment during the majority of her lifetime. Not in the dangerous way, no, just, people couldn’t understand what she had to say half the time.

By college she had amassed a decent group of friends that loved her for who she was, her happy unhinged self. They loved being around, more like tolerated, her and even helped her through her classes. By the end of her first year, she had decided what she wanted to be, a graphics design major! She worked and worked, but she just wasn’t satisfied, so at the end of her second year, she decided to be a painting major.

That didn’t work out either.

It took a while of soul-searching, taking a year off of college in the process to really find out who she was. It wasn’t until she babysat her friend’s kid and was asked to help them draw that she finally found out what she truly wanted to be; an Art Teacher!

She went back to school, teaching private art classes on the side, to become what she wanted to be. It took years, but she finally graduated. It was official, she had her teaching license! During that time, she had managed to make a name for herself in the private sector, but she wanted more, she wanted to take her classes to the public, to teach those who were not yet passionate about the arts, to hopefully push them over into wanting to do more. To be the driving force that got them interested in it. So, she approached the principle of her local high school and applied to be a teacher.

Additional notes about your application (if any):

In the physical world, I am in college, if you are in need of a copy of my schedule, I would not hesitate to provide it. Besides, it would be interesting to teach what I am being taught in class.

You know what, after participating in that party, I'm sorry. I feel as though I don't deserve this position. You can forget this application.

Attachments

• minecraft me-01.png
    minecraft me-01.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread