mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Art Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3ndMyLov3

Level 2
IGN (In Game Name): Melester
Previous bans: A few ones, none recently.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I do.

Describe your activity on the server: I'm very active, I'll surely be on at least 5 hours per day.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes of course.

Do you have a microphone? I do.

List your current and past applications:
Music teacher: Accepted
Teaching assistant: Denied

What is your motivation for applying?: Since I was a teacher a while ago, I can understand how frustrating it is, but it's also very fun. I do miss it a lot, that is why I'm applying again. I got fired, which sucked at the time since I loved working as a teacher. Again I wish to see the server grow and be more realistic, in order for this to happen for a school server then you must have active teachers and students. I wish for students to have a love for learning and bright minds in order for them to achieve what they want when they are older. Also these days some students don't even seem to try, I want to change their attitude and change the way how they see school. School is not just where you learn random facts, it is where you gain important knowledge. Knowledge is the key to have a future.

Have you read the mega thread for Teachers?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes, yes, and yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? I would have to apply on the forums and wait for it to get accepted.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: 1. Respect others opinions. 2. Raise your hand if you have anything to say. 3. Do not laugh at or make fun of someone if they answer a question wrong. 4. Do not disrespect the teacher. 5. Use appropriate language.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
Being a teacher is very hard and stressing, at least from what I've experienced, both as a student and a teacher. Sometimes classes can be fun though. Personally, I loved teaching classes. I dislike being in classes though since there are a lot of misbehaving kids, which I get annoyed at.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)

Qualified Teacher (QT)

Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the mega thread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I wouldn't want to change anything about them, they're very fun to be with.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. Teachers can be very strict. A few teachers that I've had have been really strict and it was frustrating. Their purpose is to teach children things that are important for your future, and good to know when you're applying for a job, or anything else related to that. The average annual salary for a teacher is approximately $55,000 per year, but in-game the teachers get 250000¥ monthly. My teacher in real life is nice, has humor and she isn't very strict. In classes, we're often the ones that are bullying her, and she's just laughing when we do it. I personally love my teacher, since she doesn't give us that much homework at the moment, and she's very nice to us and she treats us as her own family members. My teacher loves to read books, and she loves cats. Teachers in-game are usually at the familystore, since they don't have anything else to do.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Otherwise it wouldn't be realistic, it is a SCHOOL roleplay server after all. At schools in real life, there are usually teachers that work there since they are the ones that teach you stuff that is important for your future. I think SchoolRP is very realistic, I can actually learn things in the classes I attend to.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee

This means you are the newest. You will have this rank for a few days. You are not allowed to start up new classes and you are not assigned to work for any teacher, you have to come into lessons and sit down (make sure to ask for permission) and start to learn from them. You basically have to know how the lessons work and how to have a productive class. Another thing you can do is take this time to impress the SLT members by reporting if they are doing anything wrong that goes against the CoC.

Newly Qualified Teacher

This means you are now more of an advanced teacher and you have the right to start a lesson, just make sure that before you start a lesson you must still check with your HD and in the role play documents check for what you will be teaching. You now don't have to follow the lesson plans by the book, but you must at least cover some key parts. As an NQT you will still be guided by higher ranks and you are allowed to make errors. You are not allowed to let Trainees in to watch you.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills

You are now in the norm for teachers. You now have permission to start a class whenever you want during school hours but discuss with other teachers of you may collaborate. You should not make any errors or mistakes due to your experience. You are also allowed to let Trainees into your classes but you do not have the skills to train them.

Head of Department

You may not get this rank if someone in the department you teach already is it. However, you may be given Co-HD. If you do become an HD then it is your responsibility to plan what lessons will be taught amongst your department, including lesson plans.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Must have, Could have, Should have.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future? She has brown hair and brown eyes. She's very pale. She can be very unsocial at times, but she loves talking to the students. She loves art more than anything. She's kind of uncaring since she's a bit lazy. She respects students opinions though, and she likes their ideas of the school, and other things, like homework. She thinks her students are very intelligent and great at painting. She likes talking to other teachers and learning new stuff from them. She can sometimes be inside of her classroom, painting alone. She has a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings, and she hates taking showers since it takes a long time for her to get dry. Overall, she's very kind. In the future, she would like to get married, get pregnant, but she's not that hyped for giving birth, since she's scared that she's going to die. She has many, many fears.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would walk over to them and tell them to stop cursing and swearing before I call their parents or bring it up with the principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would raise my voice and tell everyone to listen.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? She would mostly just mind her own business, or have a little chit chat with the other teachers.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
1. * She would pick up paint brushes, then say ''Get in a line''.
2. * She would put her forefinger to her lips, and hush the students.
3. * She would walk over to her desk and inform all the students what to paint.
4. * She would walk over to a students painting and say ''Great job!'' (or) ''Hmm this needs some more work.''
5. * She would pick up the students painting, then walk over to the wall, and put it down.

BACKSTORY
Enya was born and raised in Manhattan, New York. She grew up in quite a well paid family with their own family business. There was her mother, father and older brother. Enya’s brother was 24 years old and studied at Queens College Cambridge in the UK. Her parents had always high expectations for her and expected her to do the same things they liked, business. Enya didn’t know what she wanted to do when she got older so her parents always gave her ideas about running her own business, kept on telling her how much it will help her etc. Sometimes they even pressured her and her blood levels are quite high. She had a lot of medical attention and sometimes had panic attacks about school. Soon her parents divorced over financial issues when she was 15. Enya felt alone, there was no one to help her. Enya had nothing to do these days so she decided to spend most of her time online. She made online friends who had somewhat similar issues and they helped her get over it by saying to do things that will make her happy. So in her free time, Enya liked to escape the house and go to the fields near her house and sketch. As time passed she realised she had an amazing interest in art. She drawed anything she could find in her house, she was amazing at still life drawing. She then started to get into textiles and made her own brooches. She sold her brooches on eBay to save up some money and fortunately she made a lot. When she was 18, she managed to get into the University of Tokyo and that is where she studied art. After graduating she decided to make a small business selling brooches, this went on for about 3 years until she decided to become an art teacher. She then found Taketastu High School where she is applying now.

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Enya Thomas
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Enya
Preferred Name: Enya

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan, Takashima

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 5