Omega
IGN:
strawbarys

Other accounts:
sakaiary
draculary
vamparys

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):
(Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)

draculary

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes of course! I am free to speak whenever.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST, United States

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
This will be my first application to a community team so, fingers crossed.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Absolutely, being a part of the community team is a big role so it’s understandable.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Work & School
Working with kids isn’t usually always a really exciting thing to do, it can be draining, having to handle so much craziness plus having a boss that’s really uptight. Due to days like those, I tend to get the lack of motivation for school, or really anything, because of all my energy and time being drained away by work. My schedule during school times takes up more of my day rather than my work schedule during summer where I work earlier mornings and have the rest of the day free, leaving me with time to do other things. As for school, I take classes that aren’t exactly ones where we only get one assignment a week. I usually get more than 10 assignments which occupy me sometimes and could take up my whole day, sometimes even stress me out and cause a lack of motivation for things.

Self-confidence & Perfectionism
As I’ve stated in a previous question, I tend to lack self-confidence for a lot of things and keep them in the dark rather than to show them and shine, just how I tend to do so with my writing. I feel with my writing, I tend to overthink on how I’m wording things or what better ways this could be said, what words would better fit this story or description? Sometimes when I overthink too much, I’ll just delete it or try to put it into better words which eventually just turns into a whole paragraph of blabber and nonsense. I would also add in being a perfectionist since I always want things to be perfect and up to people's standards which is why I tend to hide whatever hobby I tend to have so others won’t judge it. Rejection from things is something scary I've always hated since young and probably another big reason as to why I pull out last minute from any sorts of community applications since competition tends to get high but I am beginning to grow out of that habit slowly and surely.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I’ve been writing for quite a while, ever since I was a kid. I would enter story telling competitions where we wrote our own stories, letting my imagination just spread out onto the paper and letting my hand go crazy with writing. I was usually one of the kids that when it came to the STAAR (big test in Texas), I’d be most excited about the writing part where we were given a prompt and told to make our own story, exceeding the limit that we were given and having to write onto the back of the test. I was also in a journalism class where my reports and stories on things would get complimented by others which was another thing to motivate me on writing.
Coming from when I was little up to now, I’ve always enjoyed making stories that I think others would find interesting to read or making a character and writing a lore behind them to make them interesting enough for others to like. Being able to make a story or character that’ll maybe make people laugh, suspenseful, confused or feel remorse for, is what pulls me in to keep writing and to continue letting all my thoughts flow into something creative and new. I’ve had a few mention how they enjoy the way I action things or play out my characters, some who I’ve been intimidated to even roleplay with before, which really gives me the motivation to really write more and progress as I go which I am still doing.
Along with that, I’ve always been able to progress on my writing and further my detailing on it as I continue to write along the way. I meet others who write way better than I can which leads me to wanting to learn more and opening my mind up to more stuff, expanding my knowledge on different emotions or words, big words I didn’t even know were a thing. Continuously writing allows me to self improve on it which is what I’ve done, coming from a very long way of doing one liners and small sentences to now wanting to exceed limits.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I don’t really have any experience providing lore within a server like with SRP but I do have plenty of experience for writing backstories and lore for my characters, most of which I tend to keep to myself and haven’t really publicly put out there rather than faction applications I’ve applied for where a backstory was needed. I've written lore for a family in which I made recently on a football character and I thoroughly enjoyed doing, bringing the family to life with interesting lore behind it. Ever since before SRP I’ve joined different roleplay related things, writing literal paragraphs of actions, just going into depth about the emotions of what my character was experiencing or what they were seeing, all depending on the plot. I really dug into multiple personalities that someone could experience to further deepen the development of my character.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the history and backstory of either places, animals, people, or anything someone could set their wildest imaginations and creativity to. It is involved widely around SRP and makes up most of it, leading others to use that lore into their own stories and characters which could lead into present stories that are waiting to be thought of and set in stone.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(excuse the mistake of 1,696… it was 1,069)

The fresh smell of warm hazelnut coffee lingered from the white mug into the room. Soft breaths blew against the liquid as Silus watched the rain fall harshly, every drop loud and clear. The therapy room had been this psychiatrist's way of escaping - well, taking a 'break' from delinquents who somehow got their eyes gouged out by a bird or other ways people had managed to find a way to get hurt nowadays. It didn't take too long for his break to be interrupted when a voice spoke over the radio clipped onto his jacket.

"Silus, a couple is requesting to see a psychiatrist."
"Could you bring them up to me? I'm trying to hurry and finish this coffee."

Silus responded with the press of a button, doing as he said he was and hurrying to drink the coffee he sadly couldn't enjoy with the perfect setting of the rain hitting against the window and the quietness that the room held. The clicking of heels and doors opening into the therapy area were heard from a distance, taking whatever seconds he had left to watch out of the window at the delinquents in the alleyway causing more havoc. The door opened right when the action started, the couple making their way inside with hushed whispering. A quiet sigh slipped from Silus' lips as he turned around with a forced welcoming smile towards the couple, his eyes only coming to meet with the cold brown gaze he hoped never to see again.
The smile quickly dropped from Silus and the man who stood before him, words already spoken just from how their eyes met. 'This can't be real' repeated through his head as his heart raced. The tension in the room slowly became noticeable, silence filling the space. It didn't take too long for the lady to notice and finally be the one to speak.

"Hello! Sorry if we bothered you. My husband and I were having some issues and wanted to get help so it didn't affect the kiddos."
Silus' gaze was quick to revert towards the lady at the mention of a husband and kids, knitting his eyebrows with anger igniting. For Silus, it had felt as if everything around him had begun getting blurry and dark, unable to escape the position he was in when he was younger. The man he held such intense hatred for stood before him. The same man who always had no time for family and was short-tempered, yet here he was, putting effort in to see a psychiatrist and fix the new life he managed to make. Gloved, shaky hands clenched onto the mug he still held as his eyes slowly averted towards the man, the guilt written all over his pale, sickly-like face adding more fuel to the fire. The words that Silus wanted to spew out at this man weren't exactly work-friendly, so he fixed his composure and motioned his hands toward the couch from which he sat across. One leg rose and crossed over the other, sitting back on the couch with a clipboard and pen.

"May I get your names?" His head picked up from the board, staring directly towards the patient who acted as if he didn't recognize him. "Not yours, father. I already know your full name. Lucien Beau Marceau." The psychiatrist flashed a slight grin, glancing towards his wife who looked at the two with pure shock in her face. Silus felt like he could laugh at this moment, realizing his father never told anyone about him or the past life he had. Having a child before marriage was something most looked down on in Korea, so it wasn't shocking no one had ever heard about him or the fact he existed. An eyebrow twitch was seen on Lucien's face; the urge to jump over the table and pick a fight with him was firmly there, but the touch of his fiancé's hand on his was enough to calm him down. Before Silus could get words out, the fiancé had already grown curious about the black eyepatch on Silus' right eye.

"May I ask what the eyepatch is for?" A soft smile sat on her face. Her demeanor had been too calm for someone who had just found out her husband had another child, but who was he to judge? Lucien cleared his throat and looked away, knowing all too well what happened. He was the cause of it after all.
"An accident, well- would you say it was on purpose?" Silus shifted his dark orbed eyes towards Lucien who could hardly return the eye contact, clenched fists sitting in the man's lap. "Was the broken glass bottle slashed across my face an accident, father?" Every word was laced with hatred, wanting to remind him of the night's events. The same night that caused his mother to leave a note behind on how unhappy she was and decided to move. December 13th was a night filled with horrible memories and constant wakings of nightmares, the event replaying in his head every year on the same day since he was 13.
Lucien released a huff as he stood up, chest puffing out as if ready to yell. Instead, he stayed quiet. Silus sat there calmly as if nothing bothered him, but that'd be a lie. Fear was slowly settling in as he looked up at Lucien, the dreadful memories of when he was younger and in this position. All his father had done was take his fiancés' hand and force her to quickly leave before another word of his past slipped out from his beloved son. He figured Silus was no longer the scared little boy who would immediately fall to cries but instead pick an argument. He was wrong.

As the door opened, a hand rose to clench the fabric covering his heart, which felt like it was going 200 bpm; the tough act was utterly gone now. The clock's ticking filled the silence that the couple left before loud sobs slipped from Silus' mouth, struggling to find a breath. Silus was still that little boy who was petrified of his father. All he wanted was to have a casual conversation with him about sports, cars, or the things any typical dad and son duo would speak about. Instead of being able to receive it, there had been another kid out there who could.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Sat on a mountain in the Ochiba forest was a hang out area where Spartans usually resided during events and parties. As of lately, it had always been left unused and the story as to why always drifted people away from it.

During the 2000s of Karakura, fraternities and sororities existed with sports booming in activity. Rivalry had been a playful thing between the Bobcats and Spartans from every team. However, the football teams tend to take it more seriously than other sports. After tournament victories, Bobcats would celebrate at the bowling alley that they reclaimed as their turf, and the Spartans usually stuck to the dorms. Not wanting to use the limited space in dorms anymore, Spartans sought out areas they could claim as their turf, leading them to stumble upon a spot atop a mountain. The site was located inside the Ochiba forest, aside from where the Shrine had been. News spread throughout the college group, and people began to take things to the location: Speakers, chairs, tables, and much more to make the area livid. Over time, Spartans would host events and continue to bring items. To some, it was like a second home where they could have fun without a care in the world. After every victory in a Football tournament, Captain Kalio Matsanagi would host a party on the turf. It had slowly become a tradition; for every game they won, they'd return to the same place filled with joy and laughter. Unfortunately for the Spartans, that joy was short-lived.

December 27, Spartans had just won the winter tournament and Kalio had sent out a message to the hangout location for a victorious party. Multiple people showed up along with a singular Bobcat who had managed to get upped and brought. Natami Kitsiya had fallen victim to the harmful games the Spartans played, tying him to a dartboard to which Spartans would throw empty cans or spew horrid insults no one would wish to hear—the night had gone swiftly until Natami managed to break free and storm towards the football Captain. A heated argument grew between the two before a fist flew from the Bobcat right into the captain's jaw causing him to stumble back in shock. It didn't take him long to regain his composure, a fight breaking out between the two jocks with blood flying in the misty air. Adrenaline rushed through Kalios blood which led him to catch Natami off guard, throwing one last jarring punch. Natami jolted back from the hit and fell from the top of the mountain, his back and head connecting with the rocks below. The crowd gasped and quickly fell silent, all eyes darting towards Kalio who stared down at the body in pure disbelief. The jock quickly regained his shaky composure, pointing towards everyone surrounding him. "If anyone says a word, I'll kill you". Kalio's threatening words struck the crowd, seeing as he just murdered a kid and then ran off, which made the threat much more believable.

After that night, things were silent for a little while. No rumors were spread, nothing was on the news, and no questions were asked all due to the captain's connections, dismissing any evidence. Kalio had lived his life as if nothing ever happened but deep down, guilt was slowly engulfing him. Everywhere he went felt as if there were a set of eyes looking down at him, as if someone or something were breathing down his neck. More days went by, and people began to become worried about the whereabouts of Natami. Still, no one stepped forward with what had happened that night. Police couldn't catch his last known location because of the limited placements CCTV had.
A week passed, and Kalio was slowly getting over it, returning to his old ways of messing with Bobcats by committing dreadful pranks. Once it came to transitioning to the third period, he began to receive peculiar stares from people. Was it something on his face? Did he get pranked back? No, it couldn't have been. The jock rushed to fish the phone from his pocket, shaky hands scrolling through social media. There it was, a video showing Kalio pushing Natami, but there could be no way. His connections managed to get their hands on everyone's phones and delete anything so how could this have happened? A rush of fear began running throughout his body, a panic attack approaching its way to him. He stormed out of the school till somebody could catch him. Screams and cries from Natami echoed throughout his ears as he ran, whispering words to him; 'Go back to the forest where it happened, and this will all go away.' And so the jock did as he was told.

Kalio ran to the forest in a panic, making his way up to the mountain and toward the spot where Natami had fallen. He stared down at the rocks which were now gone, screaming sorries to the voice that whispered to him, Natamis voice. Police and citizens ran throughout the forest to where Kalio was, pointing their equipment at him. Kalio raised his hands in innocence until a gush of wind passed by causing him to lose his balance, sharing the last moment with another whisper from Natamis ghost; 'We'll meet again, Kalio.' The crowd gasped and fell silent, coincidentally just as it did the night of Natamis' accident. Witnesses from that night ended up moving or becoming mentally unstable from how they continued to sleep and received nightmares of the tragic night. No matter what they had done, it replayed in their dreams.

Now, the area is said to be left with the wandering ghost of Natami Kitsiya, described as a young boy wearing clothing that had been ripped, a bloodied red letterman jacket popping out the most. The turf was usually left empty and unused by the Spartans now due to the many stories of how some explored the area only to be left crying, reminiscing memories they regretted from the past. Since the night of December 27th, the rivalry between Bobcats and Spartan became more serious rather than playful.

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • The first prompt was very underwhelming, however had great writing. You may address this by finding a different location and idea.​
  • The second prompt had a unique idea, but an ineffective execution.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread