RewindRP
Notable+
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
RewindRP

DISCORD NAME & TAG: LILripx47#7718

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?: Eastern Time Zone (EST/UTC-5)

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS: I have never had any bans.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?: Yes! I have a functional microphone!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER: My activity as I would describe it with the best detail, I can do is I would say 6.5/10 because I have OOCly school, loads of homework and I always make sure everything is done. I would say Im on around 20-25 hours a week, I'm online the most on weekends.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?: Monastery Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?: I am prepared to study and work hard for the role of Monastery Priest. I have been studying it for over 5 weeks.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?: Something that makes me stand out from some of the other applicants is that I lived in Japan for 3 and a half years during Middle School. I went to church there and studied Shintoism to try to fit into the group of kids at church I was friends with.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?: Yes, I, LILripx47 acknowledge I will have to attend mandatory trainings.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME: Asahi K. Hiragi

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Mr

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80): 21

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY: Korean

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER: 030-309-8551

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?: My motivation for applying to work at the Monastery is that I personally love the idea of working at a Monastery Area because I am a frequent Monastery visitor as I love the Monastery Priests and Maidens because they are very kind and helpful people. I have learned so much from them.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY: So far I know that Shintoism is a Japanese religion dating from the early 8th century and incorporating the worship of ancestors and nature spirits and a belief in sacred power, in both animate and inanimate things. Shinto is actually quite similar to other folk religions of East Asia and Southeast Asia. Shinto is very much tied to the culture of the Japanese people have learned that Shintoism has about 800,000 gods.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Lead,

I love what you are doing for the religion and people of Japan or even just our area is Kakakura. Thank you for making Kakakura what it is today, most of all, thank you for changing my life and perspective of Shrine and religion all together. I love what you are doing. I hope you guys keep up the good work. Once again thank you for everything. I have always dreamed of working in a Monastery setting ever since I move to Karakura. Thank you for reading!

-Sincerely
Asahi K. Hiragi

BACKSTORY (100+ Words): Asahi was born in Jeonju Hanok Village in 2000 into the Kim family. Fast forward to 2007 when he was 3 years old Him, His mother, and his father moved to Guangzhou, China for his fathers work. His father worked for a music production company called Spaceship Entertainment. Fast forward 5 more years, Him and his mother moved back to Jeonju Hanok Village with his mother for his fathers funeral. His father has passed away from Lung Cancer. Asahi's father was a very heavy smoker. Fast forward 5 more years, He lives in Kakarura, Japan by himself since his mother has passed a year before he moved. His mother has passed away from an alcohol addiction. He has had a very rough life as a child. He is now living the best live he has imagined.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
The Priests duties are to teach visitors about the history of the area, and to make sure the continuance and satisfactory relationships between offerers and Kamis. While the Maidens duties are to preform Sacred Dances for entertainment of Shinto duties.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?: The steps of purification before entering the Shrine are Washing your hands, face and feet, Clearing your mind of hateful or angry thoughts. You then bow to the Preist/Maiden at the front of the Shrine, make sure you treat them with the utmost respect.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?: Offerings to a Kami are preformed by, presenting your offerings to the Shrine Staff (Maiden Or Priest) as soon as you step foot onto the property. You will next place your offerings on the table meant for offerings and let Kami know you have made your offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?: You preform a Tea Ceremony Ritual by having a Tea Bowl that will be placed Infront of you, Make sure the front is facing you, You next would pick it up with your right hand and gently place it onto your left palm, You next shall turn it to about 90 degrees to where its no longer facing you. Finally, you would take a few sips of the tea. Lastly you would place it back onto the tatami mat.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for: A Tamagushi is used during a Matsuri for a formal homage during official of Shinto Rituals. A Ofuda is used for purification or cleansing of ones soul, They are also used in exorcisms or as wards. Lastly a Kagura Suzu is a sent of usually 12 bells used in the dance called "Kagura Dance' the bells are suspended in Coiled Brass wires and almost always used in dances at a Shinto Shrine.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a priest, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread