Do you have a microphone?:
Yes!
How old are you? (Optional):
What is your time zone?:
CST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes! I have a full understanding.

Describe your activity on the server:
Out of 10 I'd say a 9/10 or maybe even a 9.5/10 because I'm never really busy doing anything else. If I'm not on, usually I'm on vacation, family things, etc.

Do you have any previous bans?:
N/A

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Asahi's French Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server (Accepted)
JSL Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server (Accepted)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Grade-12, Highschool student

Trivia

What subject are you applying to
teach:

P.A (Performing Arts) Teacher

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I love the community here and the people who are a part of it. I've always seen teachers around the school hosting classes and teaching students as well as hosting fun exciting activities that people in the class can get involved in and have honest fun. I have always wanted to try out a part of SRP that includes teaching others and become a teacher being able to host classed and teach students about things as well as host fun entertaining classes that draw people in and keep them interested. I also want to give myself a bit of a challenge and try and teach people as well as deal with problems that may come up in roleplay. I want to be able to be someone the community looks up to and someone people enjoy attending my classes and being taught by me. love to teach and also show people how to do it. I'm usually helping out in and out of roleplay and feel as being able to teach would be such a fun and Golden opportunity to be a part of.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I have full understanding of what to do at trainings and how to act and look at trainings. I'll also make sure to enjoy it!

I am also aware I may have to undergo teacher training and I am very excited to be able to experience this.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important:

Teacher class logs are used to check whether or not teachers have been hosting classes or not, and if they have been active or how long they have NOT been active. It is also there to keep track of what subject of classes have been hosted and show how much they would or could get paid.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a
class:

Always try your hardest on work

Making sure you try your best to do YOUR best for not just the kids attending class, for the faculty in general.
Pay attention

Treat classes with respect and kindness

Teaching classes with respect means to always be on-time, never treat other differently, and treat EVERYONE with respect.

Definitely do not cuss or swear

Cussing or Swearing means that you do not care about the student feelings and really don't care about your job at all.

No electronics (Phones, Nintendo, etc.) turned on, must be on silent, no eating, and no gadgets

These rules mean NOT and not doesn't mean YES it means NOT and I mean NOT, so do NOT have electronics, food, or gadgets.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay:

I've been roleplaying for 3 years. I've spent a year of that on SchoolRP. I've learned how to DetailRP from experienced players and friends on the server. I've found DetailRP to be enriching to the roleplay experience on the server. I'd love to apply it to teaching Performing Arts and enjoying it!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department is basically the leader of the department, and they have the most experience and have been there the longest. As an example: The sensei of taekwondo. They also have to showcase themselves and be role-models for the new people.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Qualified Teacher means that they earned to rank up from a Newly Qualified Teacher to a Qualified Teacher. They have hosted some classes and showed that they deserve to be a higher rank.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: This teacher can successfully open lessons but need approval from their HD (Head of Department) if they want to start a lesson, they most likely need to look at the lesson plan for their lesson plan.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A new teacher to the field and needs the HD to host a class.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
The purpose of being a teacher is to educate students so that they can take that knowledge and develop it in either college or a career. Teachers generally get paid between 150,000¥-400,000¥ monthly, but this can increase or decrease depending on how much work they do. Teachers teach differently depending on the subject things like academic subjects use more logic whereas creative subjects are more practical and creative. In school time when teachers aren't teaching, they will be doing what is known as a Preparation Period and in this time, they will be contacting parents, other teachers, call in students about grading, researching planning and more. Lunchtime is the more personal time for teachers but more often than not, we’ll be using this time as another form of a preparation period. After schoolteachers are just like everybody else they can go out and socialize and shop etc.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
School is the heart of the server. It is the teachers' job to make sure that the school aspect of the server is working to its full potential. Teachers should make the roleplaying experience for students a friendly but fun environment and truly uphold the heart of the server.

Teachers are also important on the server, because they can either be a role model or even an inspiration to some students, or they can be some sort of support to any student that requires help. Teachers are the ones who will help the students by preventing them from getting near failure and instead help them by getting closer and closer to success for their future. They also help the students overcome any obstacle and push their limits. Not only that but teachers are also able to form ideas and even share opinions about everything, that being their lives, society etc.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The schoolwork on the lesson planning system of Mosco, must have, should have, and could have.

The lesson planning system on SRP is just like it is in real life. You spend the day before getting your lessons together and what you want to teach, go over it a few times to edit and change it. Getting ready the day before or even a couple days before that is so beneficial because it reduces stress. Saving it for the last second would be a disaster and you wouldn’t remember what you had to teach. Being on time, ready to teach and calm are three key steps to being a great teacher, there are obviously so many more but those three sticks out to me. Without lesson planning, teaching a class on your own with no information would be a disaster.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Asahi, a male standing at 6’0ft, would be a really nice gentlemen who would try his best not to do ANYTHING wrong. He would have short curly blond hair with a crimson streak in it. His eyes would be a faint green and he would be rather charming with a calming English accent. His future plans would have to be becoming a teacher at Karakura. He loved to work with kids and always has a bright smile stretched along his face. He loves all students and would make sure to treat each one of them the same.

Asahi would be very different from others. He'd always try his best at his work and always try to make bad moods turn bright and into good moods. He'd not always succeed, but he would never stop trying. Asahi used his bright personality to spark students. He always made students leave the room smiling and happy as ever.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Asahi would approach the situation quickly so it doesn’t get any more out of hand or so they don’t disturb any other classes around that are going on. She would calmly and respectfully tell them to stop swearing and fighting, if they don’t stop by the first warning or second then they would get detention. They should learn the first time to stop as school is supposed to be a peaceful and safe environment with no swearing or inappropriate actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I’d raise my voice slightly, clapping my hands to get the students’ attention. I’d then kindly apologize to all of them for not making the lesson as satisfying as they expected, but I’d then promise them that if they pay attention to it, not only will the lesson be fun, but they’ll understand it with ease and with no questions once done. After that, I’d continue with the lesson’s topic but also try to make it a bit more enjoyable as promised to the students.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Asahi is quite reserved, keeping to himself as he does some marking or lesson planning. Rarely, he will engage in chatter amongst staff. he would much rather curl up in a chair, sipping a cup of green tea and reading a book. he would spend most of his free time in the teacher's lounge, making sure that he reviews classwork and homework quickly and then planning revision and remediation lessons. Quite often, Asahi will be seen tidying up after other people and providing them with amenities such as tea and coffee, sometimes even a small snack such as a biscuit.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would turn around afterwards towards the board and take a step towards it, tilting his head downwards and scanning for chalk/whiteboard marker and getting a grip on it. He'd look back at the class and say "I'm going to write down the gist of today's lesson" before turning back around and writing down in big clear English [Insert topic E.g., pressure]

/me he'd use his right hand to pick up his size 6 paintbrush before dipping it in a pastel blue, like the streak in his hair, before moving his hand to the canvas and slowly stroking the canvas with my brush while the class watch my hand movements

/me would hold a piece of paper in the air, moving it from left to right so all the students could take a look” Today class we will be doing a, for this you will have to be able to name the different Olympic sports and recent winners so i hope you’ve come prepared!”

/me he’d carefully scan the classroom before proceeding to the next step in the lesson. he’d be looking for students who would have their hand raised for any sort of questions or comments that might be answered in the PowerPoint.

Backstory
Asahi had a great love for Drama when he was in High-School, his teacher was a kind, caring and fun teacher to have. He always looked up to her as his inspiration, wanting to be just like her when he grew up. He worked hard trying to get the best grades he could in Drama and when the time came, he got an A, very close to an A+! He was overwhelmed with his grade and finally decided what he wanted his career choice to be, he wanted students to have the same opportunities he had so decided to become a Performing Arts teacher. When he told his Drama teacher she was overwhelmed with happiness, telling him that he was her favorite student but not to tell the others! He hosted the Drama club in his old school, which lead him to become even more successful and gave him first-hand experience dealing with younger children and teaching others about drama. When he went off to 12th Grade in Japan his Drama teacher, who missed him dearly, wished him the best and gave him a certificate which was very rare to get which wrote “Wicked for outstanding performance” since he performed in a Wicked musical performance for a school project. This was a blessing to receive and was sad to leave Mrs. Lee for good.

He performed just as excellently as he did in past High School years, getting amazing grades and pleasing his professors. Finally, he went on the lookout for a Job. It was tough, much tougher than any drama technique he had mastered or any accomplishment he had been awarded because there were the very limited amount of people hiring, finally he saw an opportunity at Karakura High School. He took it immediately and he got the job! Leading him to now.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Asahi K. 'S' Voslate-Boj
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr
Given Name(s):
Asai
Preferred Name:
Asahi
Age (Minimum is 27):

Religious Denomination:
N/A
Marital Status:
Single
Nationality:
French
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

N/A
Academic Degree:
N/A
Year of Graduation:
N/A
Major(s):
N/A
Minors:
N/A
Native Languages: French
Other Languages: Japanese and JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

N/A
Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
N/A
Do you have any questions?:
N/A​

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying for Teacher!

- Sadly all Performing Arts positions are filled. If you're interested in another teaching role, please DM me on Discord with a link to this application.​

Users who are viewing this thread