Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+
IGN:
atjayy: the account i’m applying on.

But I’m also commonly known as -
wwjay, buriedlovers, and ikilledcon

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
jayy#7777

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I don’t tend to speak as often as I do through messages, as I’m more shy and closed off. If you needed me for something, such as a question or answer, you’d hear from me

Your time zone and current country of residence:
MST - North America

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
Media
Event

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Of course; any given time.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Through my own eyes, I believe that my writing is boring - unpleasant to the reader’s eye. I often find myself struggling to write and fully define everything I mean. Let's take an example:

When it comes to my writing, I use feelings a lot more - mostly as a way to strike fear; to pull my reader in and draw their attention, as if they were the character themselves. I’ve never done teamwork, asleast when it comes to writing, so it’s a struggle for me to get used to it. Other than that? Nothing too particular comes to mind.

Oh, and I find myself struggling to make sense, at least for the reader to see. While my writing makes total sense to me, and the way I use my words, I’ve been told that the reader finds it hard to read, or that I use my words incorrectly. This is something I’ve always done, but I’m willing to change it for the sake of my writing - for the sake of the team.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Maybe it’s the compliments I receive, or the way people continue to come back and roleplay with me. I go above and beyond to detail a simple paragraph, to which I find myself wanting to do more and more. To me, I used writing as a way to escape reality - a safe haven, to which I’m free to roam. I can see myself developing it more and more as I progress.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Honestly, I can’t say I do - minus my take on family lore, character lore, etc. I’m not a well-known writer, so I keep to myself and write when I want to. I’ve taken my chances at writing a novel about something that came to mind - but soon after starting, I had trashed it. I’ve been inactively writing lore for a few years, mostly during the peak of my time on SRP - 2022 to 2023. I’ve been looking for a way to return, so if granted, I’ll fit right in with the team.

Edit:

As of May 2023, I have been apart of the Reporter faction for roughly a month or so. While my 'creative writing' is only based on SRP and the lore comes from it, have my word on it when I say it definitely ignites the spark I've been looking for. It pushes me beyond my limit, while providing a new and creative writing for the entire community to enjoy.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Books, novels, stories - anything relevant can’t be interesting without lore behind it. Lore, through my very eyes, is the concept of a story, or plot, that creates the story itself.

To make sense, really:

Lore is a story on its own. There’s the main story, the base of - which readers see - while lore is something the writer bases the story, or character on, itself. To develop a story or character, you need to organize the lore behind it first.. Hence why I mentioned it previously. – To shorten it? Lore is the idea of something.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

‘I Loved You.’ (1063 words, sorry :3)

A masked stranger with a bat.. And a sickening dream.

Tink - Tink - Tink

A metallic sound of a bat impacting off the ground, suppressing the sound the moment it laid out on the grass. Behind the mask; a grinned devil with the goal of hunting down its prey. The masked devil wandered along the path - an orchestra played between frequent vibrations through the throat, a small hum.. A sweet, sweet melody.

The melody played on.
The masked devil closed in on its prey - a man of high power, who gave it all away in a mere instant. Christian Green was in for a journey, and the devil manipulated it all behind a metal mask. Footsteps led up to Christian, whose focus was set upon the graveyard itself, and the beauty behind it.. The devil paused, briefly, before embarking on a hellish journey - one for Christian to remember. The metal bat lifted off the ground, directed by the devil. Speaking in a foreign language, the devil swung the bat against Christian’s head.

‘Hei.’

Christian’s body crumpled against the coldened concrete in an instant. Tangled on the devil’s line - Christian was a puppet, manipulated by the puppeteer. The twisted devil had Christian by the ankles, dragging him into the shadows of the sewers below. The melody played on. Broken laughter, full of sorrow and agony - the devil reflected human emotions. Who was the devil? None of it mattered, however.. Whatever the devil had in mind, was nothing close to human.

The melody.. Continued. Dragged by his feet, Christian’s face sc****d against the cold floors of the concrete jungle. The devil frantically grunted, limping to his right as it strutted through the horrid sewers. Its heels clicked off the ground, as it retreated its way to its favorite forbidden room of torment - a fairly known room amongst those of a higher power: those capable of controlling the city.. If only they had the chance. What was it, though?

Reaching the corridor below, the devil reached the end, where Christian Green was met with his fate. Typing the man off to a post - only tied together by a few zip ties, but lord they were strong, the devil made a proposal to Christian - his mercy, or his life. Whatever that meant didn’t seem to faze him one bit. . Infact, Christian nudged him on. This was a joke to him, after all. The devil fished Christian’s phone from his pockets, opening its camera and turning a recording on. . A peace sign followed.

After an eternity of silence, Christian awoke to the devil standing before him. .

“Wakey-wakey.”

Removing a blade hidden by the decay and overgrowth of the sewers, the devil gestured for Christian to come close - oh, but his strings were tangled. - The devil shoved the blade of the katana into Christian’s mouth, shutting him up before he could advance. The only hand the devil kept out was a bound mistake, as Christian found his way to grab at the devil. A foolish act resulted in a foolish response - or so it seemed. Taking the blade to its left, the devil forced it through the gut of Christian. Retreating the blade, the devil looked down on the man. The funny thing is, though? The melody continued!

Broken between a hum, and a sob, the devil screamed out at Christian. A tune of absolute melancholy, to which the devil practiced beforehand. . .

“I come from.. Scientists and atheists.. And white men who kill God..” Staggered out from the devils lips. A firm grasp onto the handle of the blade, as it thrusted through Christian’s abdomen again. The devil broke the song apart with a hum, picking up from where he left. What on Earth was it singing? Part of the song, perhaps? - Christian used his only free hand to clench the side of abdomen; right over the area he was stabbed. A fearful wail, before the devil carried on its act.

“I loved you, I loved you. . I loved you, it’s true.” More words spilled out of its mouth as its hand gripped harder, and harder on the handle to the blade. Each time he spoke, another piercing wound entered Christian’s abdomen. Removing the blade from Chris, the devil focused its attack on Christian’s free hand - a perfect excuse to leave Christian’s hand unbound, or was it intentional? The devil raised its blade above its head, slamming it down into the free hand.

“Oh you’re so traumatized, it makes me wanna cry!” The devil spoke out, hacking away the hand. - “You dumb bitch.. I loved you, I loved you.. I loved you, it’s true..” The devil wasn’t anything close to human from the looks of it - a cry for help and an act of revenge all in one. . “I wanted to be you.. And do what you ..”

By now, Christian was in and out of consciousness at this point. Broken last words, as Christian’s life was leaving his body. Cleaning the blade off, the devil thrusted it through one more time. By now, the devil was in tears. Remorse? No, no.. The devil reflected no human emotions - it had to be a trap.

“You promised you’d be Tesla, but you’re just another Edison..” Cutting the hand off, the devil wailed out in pain - perhaps from being on its leg for too long. “I LOVED YOU.. I LOVED YOU.. I LOVED YOU, ITS TRUE..” A sob filled giggle, as the devil approached its closing act. - “And sometimes I feel like I still fuckin’ do..” The devil’s singing put Christian to sleep, or so he believed. There wasn’t anything behind the eyes of it.

“I lived here, I loved her.. I bought it, it’s true..” Exchanging the katana out for the bat from before, the devil slammed it against Christian’s head. If he wasn’t out before, he would’ve been now. “I’m so embarrassed.. I feel abused..” Grabbing the unconscious man by his legs, the devil took its leave - the poor vessel of a victim dragged behind. - Stopping outside one of the notorious forest entrances to the sewers, the devil placed Christian’s dying body by the ladder.

The devil ended the recording, sending it off to a contact of Christian’s. Jack . . ? Who knows. He dialed up the local emergency hotline - “Forest. There’s a sewer entrance. Get your body.”

The devil peeled its mask off - oh, it’s Tokujiro Heddo!

“Later, Chris.”

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

‘The Heart of Karakura’ (836 words.)

The highest point of the city - mountains surround, terrain covered in a white, cold grace. A gemstone; a ruby, the shiniest in the land, laid up top the tallest mountain. What mysteries were behind it? How’d it get there?

Well. .

It wasn’t always there.. Infact, the mountain itself was bigger - colder. . ! Until one day. - A group of explorers docked their boats, at what is now the pier of the city, in hopes of seeing the land for themselves. Nothing piqued their interest; a boring city in thought. Upon arriving, a storm covered the land. This wasn’t here before our arrival. . The men had thought, appearing confused at the change of weather.

Shrugging it off as a cloudburst, the men continued on through the city. Overgrown trees, snowy mountains - man, this city had it all, huh? The sudden bucket of rainfall and wind caused a tree to collapse before the men, trapping them between logs. A battle between both fear and pain; life and death - the men waited for an opportunity to leave. Tragedy struck when one of the men met his demise - a seemingly young man in his early 20s. . Suffocated by a tree.

The men were ready to give it up.. They never should’ve come here - it was a bad idea from the start, they believed. Suddenly, the weather around them changed, as if it was being controlled by something way more powerful than they had imagined. What a strange phenomenon, right?

After untangling themselves from the debris, and putting the man to his eternal rest, the men were met by a group of residents unfamiliar to them. The headmaster of the men spoke up; a foreign language expelling from his mouth. Young men from Spain in a foreign location such as this - problems were bound to arise. Until..

One of the followers stepped forth, offering a hand to the headmaster. Hesitant at first, the headmaster spoke to his men, before accepting the request. Who knew how far you’d get without words, huh? - The leader of the group, who all seemed to be from a shrine, embarked on a trail leading up to the mountains. The men were wary, but kept a close eye on the group. After all, they seemed friendly.

Upon arriving, the men made themselves at home. The shrine workers offered ceremonial tea - no exchange made in order. Realizing the mess it took to arrive here, the men settled in quickly. Later that day, they broke off into groups to explore the island.. Or what they were able to do.

Months, then years, passed as the men gradually grew accustomed to their new way of life. They were capable of speaking multiple languages in order to keep up with the followers who helped. - In the midst of repairing their ship, the shrine’s leader approached the men. He told the men of the infamous story of the spirits that haunted the shrine - and in order to retaliate, a gift must be exchanged.

As time went on, the kannushi grew worried of the outcome of the shrine - of the island. In a desperate attempt to rid themselves of the evil beings, the men finally took a stand, and came to an agreement. Deep in the mines of Karakura, ores and gems littered the area. They broke off into groups, and one by one, gathered enough ruby to build a gemstone they declared to be ‘ The Heart of Karakura’ , or so the story told.

A long quest was written out, and the men traveled up the mountain with a carriage behind them. Inside of it - the new formed ruby gemstone, and their tools. Upon reaching the top of the mountain; the tallest in the land, the men began their work. – Long and cold rainy days passed by; camping in tents with little to no food, the gemstone was established. In victory, the men celebrated over the spare soju they brought along.

As the men prepared their trip down the mountain, a strange feeling occurred. - A cloudburst, similar to the one from before, poured out onto the island of Karakura. Their fire was put out before they had the chance to do it themselves. As for the ruby..? Well.. To their surprise, the men found themselves circled around the ruby, as if their bodies had a thought of their own and guided their way towards it. One by one, the men placed their hand up to the gem.. – Suddenly, a clash of lightning erupted from the sky, striking down upon the men.

Overtime, the erosion of the rain and snow broke down the mountains, shrinking overtime. - Entrapped inside the gem for eternity, the souls of the men infused with the crystal – where to this day.. It remains.

Every now and then, tourists or locals visit the Heart of Karakura in an effort to communicate with the men inside – and to take a piece of its gem for its good fortune. Most believe in this story, while others believe in something more.. Supernatural. Care to find out?

2675 Words :p

4/11/23 - A few minor changes - mostly updates on the ign, as well as a few grammar/spelling mistakes. I promise I can spell, guys!​

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. DM gncme#4317 on Discord to get your roles set up!
As they'd say, welcome to Lore's Court.​

Users who are viewing this thread