IGN (In-Game Name):

atscarlett
ALTS: simpingforjay | scarlizzle

Discord Name & Tag:
Hoeqq#3837

Previous bans:
None! I have a clean record!

Describe your activity on the server:
If I had to, I'd rate my activity roughly a 7 out of 10 currently, this applies for all my accounts too as im a part of two factions, meaning I am required to stay as active as possible. I try my best to get online at least 2 hours or more daily, however it differs on whether that day I have work or not. Although I'd say currently, im online mostly 4+ hours a day across my main two accounts (simpingforjay and atscarlett)

Which timezone are you in?
AEST/AEDT (GMT+10/11)
Just another small note to add here, I am aware that most of the meetings and patrols will be held in favour to a more populated timezone, however that is no issue for me, I will dedicate my time to attend those, so timezones will not be a problem for me and my irregular sleep schedule! (lol)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zikris...ion-akaawii-reduced-format.50535/#post-165474
https://schoolrp.net/threads/english-teacher-application-akaawii-alt.48369/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/hoeqq-col-council-application.41709/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/hoeqrps-psych-professor-application.44616/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/hoeqrp_-school-nurse-application.43018/

In addition to this I several other applications on this server in regards to character authorisation like: Service Dog Application, 3rd Language Application, and multiple languages. I also have been accepted in IC applications such as The College Swim Team which I have recently become captain of!

What is your motivation for applying?:
I've been on SRP on and off since 2016, with this, I've watched the server grow and gain more and more interesting factions. I firstly started off small, being successful in my Student Council and School Nurse application, getting a feel of what it was like playing a more important role on the server. Inevitably I got slightly bored as some things became repetitive so I applied for professor and then eventually teacher, those roles have been fun however recently I've been wanting to branch out into the CityRP side of SRP, I've looked into all the factions there are (most of which are pretty full) and decided that KPD would be such a great addition to my character. KPD from what I have heard have a great reputation, I also know quite a few people who are in this factions OOCly and ICly which would make things easier for me to fit right in and get along with everyone! Another motive for applying just has to do with my area of interests IRL, I am currently in the midsts of Legal Studies in my final year, and plan to study criminal justice and law as I get into university, so being a part of a faction that heavily supports my interests would be amazing!

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have quite an expansive knowledge on Police Work OOCly, however SRP wise is slightly new territory but I imagine it would be quite in line to what it's like OOCly. Regardless, this is what I can gather:

What is a police officer?:
Police are a body of officers representing the civil authority of government. Police typically are responsible for maintaining public order and safety, enforcing the law, and preventing, detecting, and investigating criminal activities. These functions are known as policing. Police are often also entrusted with various licensing and regulatory activities.

What do they do?:
Police officers are tasked with maintaining order and keeping their communities safe. In tv and in movies, that usually involves chasing down the bad guys or busting a crime ring. In reality, the term police officer covers a wide variety of roles, including behind the scenes work like handwriting ****ysis and officer training. Police officers can work for the city, county, state, or federal government. Their jurisdiction and the size of the police department they work for play a major role in shaping their day to day duties. A police officer in a large urban center like New York or Los Angeles will usually have a very specialized focus, such as narcotics, media relations, the K-9 unit, or SWAT team. In contrast, in smaller departments, particularly in rural areas, police officers will be expected to cover a wider variety of roles. Most officers start off as patrol officers. Typical day to day duties include assisting in emergency scenes, responding to burglaries, and monitoring the roadways and stopping cars that are driving erratically or speeding. For every incident that occurs, a police officer is required to file a report. Doing paperwork is certainly not a glamorous part of the job, but it’s a necessary and frequent task.

What makes a good officer?:
Officers need to be clear-headed, quick on their feet, respectful, strong, and more. A police department may expect an officer to work irregular shifts, fill in on nights and weekends, or step in as needed during catastrophic events, even if off duty. Most of all, the community expects police officers to be excellent at their jobs in order to be ready to serve. Certain characteristics are desirable in law enforcement professionals. These traits determine their level of professionalism, how safe others feel around them, how suspects interact with them, and even the future trajectory of their career. Some of the most important personal qualities are:

Communication: While most popular shows and movies depict police work as active and exciting, there is also a very important element of communication involved. This includes writing thorough reports that are easy to read, communicating clearly with teammates, and even speaking with potential suspects.

Integrity: Most people go into law enforcement for the service of others and it is impossible to do well in this role without a high level of integrity. Civilians need to know that they can trust you and that they are safe. Those who pose threats to others need to know that you will treat them with respect. Other officers on your team need to know that in intense situations, they can trust you to be safe and watch their backs.

Technical Skills: Technical Skills play a large part in the day-to-day duties of police officers. Some technical skills are defensive driving, offensive driving, spatial awareness, defending yourself in a fight, and more.

Resilience: Police officers need to have thick skin and a sense of resilience. Sometimes, they may be seen as the enemy, and it will be important to bounce back from those comments and understand their true worth and the importance of what they do. Resilience can also help them face challenges that are sure to come up in a law enforcement career.

Equipment and Ranks:
Generally, the average Officer would be equipped with the following:
Baton - A baton is a roughly cylindrical club made of wood, rubber, plastic, or metal. It is carried as a compliance tool by law enforcement, typically to sedate criminals.
Handcuffs - Handcuffs are restraint devices designed to secure an individual's wrists in proximity to each other, usually to make an arrest.
Police Radio - A communication device used by officers to communicate with emergency services and each other.
Breathalyzer - A breathalyzer is a device for estimating blood alcohol content from a breath sample
Police Badge - A leather wallet that contains the user’s ID card, along with a badge that shows the officer’s department, badge number, and rank. It's seen by many as a sign of authority, sacrifice, and service.
X26-Taser - A taser is an electroshock weapon used to incapacitate people allowing them to be approached and handled in an unresisting and thus safe manner.
Pepper Spray - Pepper spray is a lachrymatory agent used in policing, riot control, crowd control, and self-defense. It is known to cause irritation and inflammation, and produces a range of signs and symptoms affecting the eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and skin.
Crowbar - A steel bar with a curved, chisel-like end used for prying open doors.
Glock-17 - The Glock 17 is an Austrian striker-fired semi-automatic pistol used by police officers globally. The weapon typically shoots lethal 9x19mm rounds with an eight-bullet magazine, but can also shoot rubber bullets to inflict non-lethal shots.
Riot Gear - Riot gear is designed to protect police officers from blunt force trauma, hard blows and penetration from sharp objects. This should only be used during dangerous emergencies or as mentioned in the name, stop and disperse riots .
Police Bike - A small motorbike that allows officers to get around quickly in response to emergency callouts as well as improve traffic safety in required areas. .
Police Cruiser - A vehicle that allows a group of officers to have a quick form of transportation during patrols and to enable them to respond to incidents and chases.

Commissioner
The highest rank of the KPD, and the one in charge of the entire police force, providing central control, supervision, administration and co-ordination for the KPD, its members and its operations. They are also primarily in charge of accepting intakes, ensuring that they are fit for the role. A part from this, they usually rely on other senior ranks to take care of the smaller tasks in the force.

Captain
Quite like the Commissioner, they serve as the commanding officer of divisions within the KPD. They ensure department policies are carried out and are responsible for all personnel within their division, both officers and civilians. With this they typically hand out orders, supervising the lower ranking officers with their performance.

Lieutenant
A Police Lieutenant is often the deputy officer in charge, it's also the first rank considered to be high-ranking. In some smaller police departments, a person holding the rank of police lieutenant may be in charge of a division (patrol division, detective division, etc.) within that department.

Detective Superintendent
The Detective Superintendent takes part in some of the larger investigations of the city. Their main job is to investigate crime as well as supervise and oversee the ranks below them to make sure they're working at their best.

Chief Detective Inspector
Chief Detective Inspector is usually the minimum rank held by a senior investigating officer, who heads major investigations (e.g. murder), and oversee the ranks below them, ensuring that they are working sufficiently.

Detective Inspector
Detective inspectors will inspect crimes and carry out investigations along with Detective Constable, and gather evidence to help out with the investigation by doing things such as making arrests, taking reports, and various other tasks.

Sergeant
Sergeants supervise the ranks below them, but are not that much different from them. They're the middle ground of the ranks, and the ranks below them can look up to sergeants and seek guidance and help.

Detective Constable
The detective constable is the lowest rank tasked with handling investigations. They generally have a better understanding of how to ****yze evidence and witnesses to complete their cases. The cases will usually consist of investigating smaller crimes such as theft, burglaries, and assault.

Corporal
Corporals will spend time leading small duties like patrolling, responding to emergency calls, and making arrests. They cooperate with higher-ups and give orders to the lower ranks.

Patrol Officer
Patrol Officer is the rank cadets receive upon successfully passing the cadet test. They will are allowed to leave the station, but they're still a low rank of the police force and should be tasked with handling minor tasks and situations, like handling front dead situations and surveying CCTV.

Cadet
Cadets are the lowest ranking in the police force and is the first rank given to new, intakes, but still are obligated to take responsibility and do their job when necessary. They aren't allowed to leave the station until they become an a patrol officer, so they will attend the front desk, watch CCTV, do various duties around the station, or attend trainings.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police are an important factor to SchoolRP for very similar reasons as why they are in the real world. SRP is heavily based on realism, and KPD very much so supports that idea. ICly police are out in the streets to enforce and regulate laws, although the crimes committed in Karakura seem to go from 0-100 and no in-between, the KPD is still there to do what is appropriate for the scenario. KPD ICly is there to reduce the crime rates and amount of gang activity, therefore creating a safe and healthy environment for civilians to live in. In addition to that, KPD is very detrimental to the GangRP side of things, it ensures that there are consequences for individual's actions, keeping the crime in check and making sure that the RP is fair.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I fully acknowledge and understand that I am subjected to being demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I fully acknowledge and understand that apply for this role I am agreeing to be 100% dedicated towards the Police Officer role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I fully acknowledge and understand that if training is held whilst i'm online, I need to attend other wise consequences will follow.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Zikri Kamata

Character's age (if accepted):
Forty-Two

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male | He\Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters in Criminology and Criminal Justice and a Bachelors in Education

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Zikri is able to fluently speak and understand Malay, Filipino and English

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Zikri is a Japanese-Malaysian male. Uncommonly, just standing at five foot one, or roughly 155 cm, despite his height, Zikri doesn't just have your everyday dad build, with long hard work at the gym, he has a very fit and athletic build to him. His jet black hair didn’t seem to match his well shaped face.. Like at all. His roots were framed with silver hair, and he had a stubble beard covering his old man face. His voice was deep and cold. He seemed to have lacked a personality, almost. At rare moments you can find him cracking a classic dad joke or even laughing at someone else's joke. Although coming off very serious, Zikri remains a teen at heart, this however is only seen around those he knows and has a close contact with. Any other time, he appears to remain calm, quiet, mature and professional.

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 1.05.02 am.png 1664720884830.png

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

In a professional setting, Zikri comes off as very serious. He keeps an open mind and carries a sense of maturity with him. He strives to present himself with the upmost professionalism at all times. His face, seemingly always almost lacking emotion and personality. In an event of an investigation, involving a criminal, Zikri will calmly approach the situation, still keeping stern he creates what seems to be trust between the criminal and himself. With this he is able to gather more information, while paying close attention to the details and evidence being placed down. Behind all his seriousness, once out of the workplace and in a more casual, friendly environment, Zikri loosens up. He also becomes a lot more sociable, going out with friends, whether that being work friends or his city friends. Despite that, his expressions still remain the same yet he'd crack a small smile every now and then. He loves to crack jokes occasionally, especially in front of his son, to no avail, never getting a laugh from his silly dad jokes.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Zikri understands and appreciates the fact that a team environment is both productive and efficient. He has the ability to compromise, show respect to others and listen to the needs of his teammates. While he can be a leader when necessary, Zikri can also play an equal role on the team when the situation merits. Zikri heavily believes that teamwork builds strong employee relationships because the more employees work close to each other, the more they get to know each other and develop a liking for each other. The more they work together, the more they learn and learn to live with each other's likes, dislikes, strengths, and weaknesses. Zikri is proven to work quite well with others, having had experience working in the education department; collaborating and discussing classes with his colleagues as well as even go out for food, out of his normal working hours to get to know his team.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I enjoy being a leader and I think it’s what I’m best at naturally. However, I also look for opportunities to learn and follow those who have more experience than me. I love asking questions to learn from my managers and more senior team members, and I love having a chance to collaborate with others. I’ve found that’s a great way to learn. So I enjoy leading, but I also love working with a strong team and having great mentors to follow. As mentioned before, I prefer to lead at work. That’s where I feel I excel the most. I think that being in leadership plays to my greatest strengths, and I find it rewarding, too.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
1980 Zikri Kamata grew up with his family as the eldest of 3 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (inspiration for his name), he had a brother; Hafiz and a sister, Farah. His mother, Siti, was kind and he never met his father who left before he was born. However his mother remarried to a kind man named Amirul. They grew up as a working class family and it provided them with a fine life. Zikri was full of life and loved being around people. However when he reached 17 Zikri attended a party one night. During this party, via a detrimental accident, a fire set a blaze to Zikri’s family in the night, not having any clue till the early hours of the next day. Stricken with grief and depression, Zikri didn't know what to do, to get away from the horrible place that reminded him of his family, he moved to Karakura to study, Where he slowly began to regain life and was adopted into a new family, though he never felt close to them, the Sakais. After a couple of months he was thrown to the streets when he turned 18, they didn't want a depressed boy haunting their halls any longer. He took refuge anywhere he could, but he was broken. He had nothing, felt nothing, he was nothing but a soulless husk withering away, waiting for something, anything to happen to him. He was mugged, cursed at, nobody cared and why should they, right? We’re all just trying to make it through our own lives. He cleaned himself in the ponds in the forest. And one day while fishing, He met a girl, Annalyssa, who gave him an apple. This small act of compassion was the beacon of hope Zikri needed, this one small act meant everything to him simply because, not a single other person Zikri had met in this entire town could show even a fraction of kindness this one girl had shown him. They talked, hit it off, and fell in love. She became his girlfriend, she helped rebuild himself, he went back to college where he would begin to study criminal justice and criminology. Zikri stayed in a clean home and felt happy and at peace with himself again.

Inevitably this new, bright, blooming relationship led to a marriage 4 years later. With that also came along four very promising children; Zen'yuu, Jurimi, Tokujiro, and Jin. And for a while, things seemed perfect and mundane. That was until things descended to chaos, after Zenyuu's abrupt and shocking passing, Annalyssa's true colours came out. It became clear that the pressures of motherhood and societal norms started to eat her away. She began taking her anger and complications out on everyone, especially their youngest son Tokujiro. They began fighting almost everyday and this started to strain on everyone's relationship as a family. The abusive and toxic behaviour between the mother and son reached a tipping point with Zikri. With no other option left, Zikri decided that it would be best to kick the three kids out, with intent to stay in contact with Jurimi who was the eldest out of the three. As of then, Zikri was left to pick up the pieces of his relationship with Annalyssa. A month had passed and things got worse, eventually causing Zikri to divorce her. Shortly after the divorce, it was found that Annalyssa had passed away from an unknown cause. Zikri found himself feeling like that soulless husk again, with that in mind, he set off to America where he planned to fully rebuild himself. Zikri went back to University to earn a Bachelor of Education. After university, he made it his mission to reunite with all three of his children in Karakura. Before he could, he picked up a small job at a local middle school in Tokyo, teaching PE. During his stay at Tokyo, Zikri had attempted to make contact with Jurimi, who to no avail, never answered. Little did he know the horrors his children were facing during that time. The last location he had noted down of the three was Karakura High School. Zikri quickly jumped the boat and applied to work as a part-time PE teacher, in hopes that they were all still enrolled.

After months of teaching at KHS, he still had no luck with being reunited with his kids, that was until he took it upon himself to look up the three in school records. Jin had transferred to a private school. Tokujiro was still enrolled, yet had a very poor record, his attendance in classes was very minimal and his detention count was through the roof. And as for Jurimi, her records shown she had successfully gotten accepted into college, yet she would never make it to her first day. Zikri was drowning in his own guilt. Yet despite this, he kept pushing, he finally found an address which he set off to visit that same day after work. Finally, Zikri was reunited with his son Tokujiro. It took some time to mend their relationship but a few months passed by and he was still teaching yet this time his son was attending all his classes and improving his record. Getting bored of his teaching job, Zikri started to get back into criminology and justice, however that was short-lived.

That was all until Zikri was struck with the worst news any father could possibly hear, in an outburst, Tokujiro had told his dad that Jurimi had been killed after faking letters from her for months, Jiro had also slammed him with the gory and traumatic details of him being tortured by an old outskirt gang as well as an abundance of horrific encounters in this city. Initially blaming Zikri for this, for sending them away by themselves. Buried in grief and anger, Zikri quit his job at KHS, now with plans to revisit his days with criminology and justice, joining the Karakura Police Department and finding those horrible people, ensuring they get the punishments they deserve and making sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. With the intent to rid the city of similar gangs and stand-alone criminals.​

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, carrying and owning a pocket knife is illegal in Karakura and can only be bought illegally through a BMD. If stopped by police to be searched and it is found on you, most likely it will be handed over to the KPD and you will get arrested for and charged with minor illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
-Birth Control: Commonly used to prevent pregnancy when sexually active, along with regulating a female's menstrual cycle.
-Paracetamol: Typically used to relieve mild pain or aches. It can also help reduce a high-temperature fever.
-Eyepatch: A piece of bandage wrapped around an eye which is injured.
-Cane: A supporter for individuals with problems walking.
-Surgical Mask: Intended to be worn by health professionals during surgery and during nursing to catch the bacteria shed in liquid droplets and aerosols from the wearer's mouth and nose.
If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
If I were to witness one of my co-workers physically abusing an inmate, I would immediately turn on my body camera and rush to intervene, restraining them and ensuring that no other harm can be made towards the inmate. I'd then try and diffuse the situation by reasoning with the officer to knock it off and only let go of the restraint once they agree to cooperate and not cause any further damage. From there, I'd call for EMS and another officer to go and help out the injured inmate. Carefully reminding the officer of their role and what it means to cross the line, as no matter if they're an inmate or what they have done, they are already serving time as punishment and do not need anymore pain than necessary. Once the situation completely dealt with, I'd report this incident to a higher ranking officer, handing over whatever footage was taken and sending the officer back to their station or elsewhere if required. If, I myself were the higher ranking officer in this situation, I'd also dish out my own punishment for them. The officer should know better, therefore whatever punishment is appointed is fair and deserved.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I were to witness my co-worker being assaulted by an inmate, I'd once again switch on my body cam whilst rushing over to help defuse the situation. Accordingly I'd unholster my taser and aim it at the inmate, warning them to back away. If for whatever reason it was unsafe to aim the taser, I'd holster it, and moving quickly; restrain the inmate with he help of the other officer. From there I'd cuff the inmate and then call for EMS to tend to my co-worker. From here, I would search the inmate, confiscating any prohibited items and makeshift weapons that were found. The inmate would then be charged for assaulting an officer and an incident report would be filed.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If I were to find out one of my co-workers had become corrupt, I'd try and obtain as much evidence I can to support my statement. From there I will ensure that my claim is 100% true and that they are actually corrupt before filing a report to a higher ranking offer. From which they will handle the situation accordingly, inevitability leading to the termination of the officer's job and possible charges against them, landing them jail time.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I'd sternly decline, it is basic common knowledge to not accept bribery or bargaining. I then would start assuring the criminal that there is no way out of their predicament, lecturing them. As well as this, I'd let my co-workers and higher ranking officers know of this attempted bribery, which would possible lead to more charges against the criminal.

Extra/Notes:
I have talked to my current faction lead on this account and they have been made aware of my application, to which if successful I'd be removed from the teaching faction and over to KPD!

UPDATE (14/11/2022): I have now left that faction​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
We appreciate your interest in the faction. However, the higher-up team
has decided to deny this application.​

- While the reasons may vary, the main motive behind this review has to do with
the fact that there were other applications who had more chances at getting accepted,
which doesn't necessarily mean that your application was bad.

- Please understand that this decision was taken by the entire Higher-Up team, so avoid
DMing any member of the KPD faction in regards to your application.​

- Feel free to re-apply for the next Cadet Wave! However, we recommend that you try out
other factions to get yourself to be known by the playerbase and to have a better reputation.​

Users who are viewing this thread