players online

Awards ceremony (yearly event)

Leo_14

Level 33
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: Leo_14
What's the title of your suggestion?: Awards ceremony (yearly event)

What's your suggestion?:
So as we all know, there is a quite a few people in SRP who reach 300+ classes and no detentions etc. However these students usually get nothing back.

So my suggestion is, about a week before /record is cleared every year what if a new event is to emerge yearly! regarded as an awards ceremony for the students.

The top 10 students from both Highschool and college are called down and given their awards, this can be in the form of badges, medals or certificates and trophys, however the top 7 of each group would receive the same badge/reward while the top 3 earn more exclusive ones. Furthermore the number 1 club lead that has been the most productive (most successful meetings?) could also receive an award

I did introduce the idea of getting these customs on Erik Finster's post and I feel like this would be a nice way to introduce an awards ceremony as such, as all schools have them however I have never exactly heard/seen of an award ceremony event for karakura academy itself.

So I feel like this would be a nice way to introduce an awards ceremony event that occurs annually!

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will benefit the community with giving people more reason to attend classes and to get less detentions, promoting for academic driven RP characters!

It will also promote an event idea that is not exactly rocket science to conduct, however it would be quite a nice thing for the community to be able to experience/interact within as there hasn't been any award ceremony events conducted before. Furthermore most schools IRL will have one of these every year and I feel like it would be nice for Karakura academy to also have that, bringing a big wide event for the school faction that I feel a lot of people could be interest in!

Last edited:

kustomzero

Level 145
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
+1
Could give motivation for those to actually attend classes and be good students holding a perfect record of no detentions, expulsions, and suspensions.

meloqzn

Level 8
meloqzn
meloqzn
Fundraiser+
neutral

i think making an awards ceremony purely centered around students who attend the most classes in a given year will promote an unhealthy amount of gaming and whatnot, it will force people to go to classes and might end up feeling like a chore rather than attending classes for actually fun roleplay, plus this can also just kind of be abused since i can go sit afk in a class and my participation and my attendance would just be absent from the class, i can afk and be credited for your idea

howeverrrr i do like the sound of some form of awards ceremony but it needs have a lot of variety and not just based around "hey who is the most unhealthy person who sits at a screen!!!!", could be teachers selecting candidates/nominees for subject awards or whatever, but idk im not an expert

bmblxbee

Level 12
Zoey159
Zoey159
Omega+
+1 .. there USED to be rewards ceremonies that happened occasionally, but I don't believe anything in that genre's happened in a year or two. I think a rewards ceremony just in general would be fun, and the ideas suggested above would be nice to add to the categories that happened during the previous one :3

soratheonly

Level 75
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Neutral
That amount of medals might be too much, but I can see if happening if the media team isn't working on too much right now. The biggest thing is knowing the students that are actually working really hard, since students still /spawn after joining a class, meaning they get that class on their record but not having to attend it. It's a good idea to promote going to classes, but I feel like there should be more detail/refining to this suggestion.

JustJuiceHex

Level 96
JustJuiceHex
JustJuiceHex
Rich+
+1
In the time I played SRP I saw only 2 ceremonies awarding students, I was actually awarded for role-model student when I was in college back in 2022. They should do these awards a week after the exam at least, or do it every 6 months.

Leo_14

Level 33
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
+1
In the time I played SRP I saw only 2 ceremonies awarding students, I was actually awarded for role-model student when I was in college back in 2022. They should do these awards a week after the exam at least, or do it every 6 months.
I actually got elected for this ICLY by the council before I joined in like early 24/late 23 and that's the time they decided to stop doing it

Latte

Level 197
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 .. there USED to be rewards ceremonies that happened occasionally, but I don't believe anything in that genre's happened in a year or two. I think a rewards ceremony just in general would be fun, and the ideas suggested above would be nice to add to the categories that happened during the previous one :3
^^ +1

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- The Event Coordinator will review this idea​