mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted babiehann's English Teacher Application

babiehann

Level 13

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: babiehann (alts; hannriverr, yirosity [This account is shared])

How old are you?: I am fifteen, currently; I’ll be sixteen in July.

Do you have any previous bans?: I do not have any previous bans. Save for an expired warning for PG in OOC, I do not.

What Country are you from?: I am from the United States of America, in the CST time zone.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): My discord is hann#0269.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: I do understand this.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I acknowledge that if I am inactive without hiatus notice, I will be demoted.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: I do understand this.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I haven’t been too active on the forums lately, however; on the server, I recently came back from a small week’s break. I have almost always been an active player save for a few semi hiatuses.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Thai Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/hannrivers-thai-language-application.18350/ : Accepted

Korean Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/korean-language-application.18652/ : Accepted

Chinese Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/hannriverrs-chinese-application.19375/ : Accepted

Korean Language Application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/yirositys-korean-application.21872/ : Accepted

Bone Marrow Cancer Application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/multiple-myeloma-bone-marrow-cancer-application.19374/ : Accepted

Science Teacher Application - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/babiehanns-science-teacher-application.20146/ : Accepted

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I personally think that being a teacher on a server will help me improve my ability to work with other students my age, younger, and older in real life. I think that this could become a good working point to my future as possibly becoming a tutor for other students in schools. Of course, this is not my only motivation for becoming a teacher, however much experience is a part of this. I think this will help me develop patience skills as well as filling in with other skills such as being able to fit into the situations that I will need to handle on the spot.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: I do have a lot of experience in roleplay. I’ve been roleplaying on multiple games since I was twelve, and I’ve definitely been in a lot of Discord roleplay servers as well. I consider myself an experienced roleplayer when it comes to things like this.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: I have thoroughly read through the Faculty Handbook.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are images or proof that you have done a class. These are important first, to the payment of the teacher, and second of all, to make sure everything is logged down properly. Faking these is a demotable offense and it’s very important to do these properly.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: First, what you’ll want to do to start a school field trip is bring it up to a principal or a higher rank within the school. You’ll want to get the trip approved, and have it set up properly - so that students and teachers are prepared for this trip. This not only keeps the trip on-hand and on-task, but it ensures that the most students as possible will experience this field trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: As a teacher, I’d set at least five general rules to cover any basic loopholes within my classroom:

One.

Raise your hand if you’d like to speak. As a student, you’re not meant to speak out or shout out unless permitted.

Two.

Keep your hands to yourself. This should’ve been a rule since elementary. I don’t care if it’s any part of your body, you do not touch other students in my classroom without their consent. Oh, and make sure it’s nothing extreme if they’ve agreed to it.. Don’t kiss in class. Nobody needs to see that.

Three.

Cellular devices are not to be used in my classroom unless permitted. This can cause distractions for both you and other students.

Four.

Bring notebooks to class! A reminder that all students need to ask if they need materials. I will always be willing to provide.

Five.

Finally, stay in your seat unless permitted or told otherwise for games.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): I’ve roleplayed on many different types of Discord servers. Not only realistic roleplay, but a few apocalyptic roleplays and other types as well. Not only this, but on SchoolRP, I’ve had an overall good RP experience. There have been ups and downs, yes, but there have been ups and downs with other types of roleplays as well, and it’s completely natural to have issues every now and then. On SchoolRP, I’ve RPed as a teacher, a high school student, and a college student. I feel that re-applying as a teacher will improve me. I want to bring something back that I had before.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: HD stands for Head Of Department. This rank overlooks classes of its branch, and makes sure everything is being done properly in their department. They overlook both QTLS and NQT.

- QTLS: QTLS stands for Qualified Teacher for Learning and Skills. They not only teach their own classes, but aid new NQT’s in improving their classes and keeping them that way.

- NQT: NQT stands for Newly Qualified Teacher. This branch is the “newbies” of the group, and they’re often helped out by the HD or the QTLS. They have a legal qualification for them to be able to teach.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers both in-game and out-of-character serve an important purpose: being a role model for students and teaching them proper things they’ll need to know in society. They’re there to aid students around the school, as well as making sure they’ll be prepared for adult life and the rest of life in general. Teachers also aid students in finding new ways and new opportunities around the school.

However, in SchoolRP, there are many different ways that teachers teach. Some will play games, some will teach through interaction. Some will teach through basic classes, handing out homework. I feel that it’s important to teach many different ways in classes, as it’s quite the experience for different students. All different students learn many different ways.

Finally, most teachers get a salary depending on how much they teach as well as the basic amount of money that they get from teaching a base amount of classes. Teachers, however, do not only teach. Many oversee clubs, and many watch sports and have families in their spare time. I think it’s important to create lesson plans out-of-character in their spare time as well.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because they form the basics of the ‘school’ form. They teach students, they explain to students how things work in their classes. They guide students, new and old. They also keep students in check, and they’re much easier to handle than NPC teachers. Teachers in a SchoolRP server need to be able to adapt to their students, as well as have their students adapt to them easily.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The school in our server relies on a MoSCoW method, which stands for ‘Must Have’ ‘Should Have’ ‘Could Have’ and ‘Would Have’. This acronym means many things, and most of it forms a way of how teachers should teach:

Must Have: Must have everything prepared, and finished.

Should Have: Should have everything prepared and finished, but it’s not COMPLETELY needed.

Could Have: It’s possible to have it, but it does not affect any type of completion or project.

Would have: Doesn’t affect anything, but it’d be nice if you had it.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Kinaki Eiichi Nakamura is a six foot male with tan-ish skin and dark hair. He’s always dressed neatly, ever since he graduated college, he’s been fond of dressing neatly. He feels that it gives him a more closed-off sense to him, but he’s not so at all. Kinaki is a rather nice, friendly teacher - at least to his students. He’s always open to help students with questions, and he avoids giving them direct answers. He’s always been a somewhat nice guy, never manipulative. He’s a big fan of volleyball. He’s got a great idea on his hope for the teachers and students, and he’s got big hopes to stay at this school.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: First, Kinaki would calmly ask them to calm down and quit cursing and swearing. If they continued, he’d probably report them to a higher-up or a vice principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: First, Kinaki would stay silent, waiting for the class to shut up. He’d then follow up, if they didn’t silence themselves, with a loud drop of a book on the floor. He’d clap his hands, finally, and explain to them what they were doing wrong as he returned the book to its place.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: When in the teacher’s lounge, Kinaki is very friendly, however much closed off about his personal life. He does, however, discuss future and past lesson plans with other teachers, as well as attempting to befriend them.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d clap his hands once, loudly, waiting for the students to silence themselves from their chatter. He’d tilt his head, gaze flicking to each student that was talking loudly.

/me Kinaki would point to the board, his interest clear as he spoke about the subject. He explained the photo of Edgar Allan Poe.

/me He’d look at the student, thoughtfulness in his eyes at the response to his question. He nodded, accepting the answer, as he turned to write it on the board.

/me Kinaki would finish preparing the work, making sure the papers were collected properly, and he’d begin passing them out to the class in rows.

/me He’d check over the students, making sure all of the students were working properly.

Backstory

Kinaki Eichii Nakamura was originally born to a poorer family that wished him to become something successful, all while following his hopes for the future. For any normal child, this would’ve been something like becoming famous, or becoming something that wouldn’t require a lot of effort - at least in a child’s point of view. However, Kinaki had always wanted to become a teacher - he was always the kid to help out his friends at work, while not giving them the direct answers; he wasn’t a fan of cheating. He was always helping people out with work, and he worked his way up to tutoring other students in his school.

As he got older, Kinaki had decided completely that he wanted to become a teacher. He wanted to manage his money well, and he wanted to help students like him grow and follow their dreams - no matter what they were, even if they lived in a world where such was nearly impossible. Kinaki wanted to aid younger and older people alike - even while keeping a calm and collected position. He wanted to help people grow in both their personality and their experience, and that’s what he became a teacher for.

Kinaki studied at Toyo University, his mind set on becoming a teacher. He had always loved literature the most, the way readers could immerse themselves in an author’s work, the way you could go anywhere as long as there was a book for it. Kinaki always finished what he had started, and he was determined to finish college the same way. He wanted to be a strong finisher, not an out-of-breath runner at the finish line, losing to the rest because he had spent all of his energy on his past. He, however, with his studies, did not make many friends - as he was so immersed in the way books taught him so much. His closest friends were the people in his books - not real people, so to say, but the people he met through his books, whether it be the author or a character in the book itself.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Kinaki Eiichi Nakamura

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.

Given Name(s): Kinaki Eiichi Nakamura

Preferred Name: Kinaki

Religious Denomination: Christianity.

Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 3 Years

Working Experience (# of years): 10 Years

Academic Degree: Master’s

Year of Graduation: 2009 - High School Graduation, 2015 - College Master’s Graduation

Major(s): Literature, Creative Writing

Minors: Creative Writing, Korean, Psychology

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Literature / English

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): Literature and English are interchangeable for me. Either title will work.

Do you have any questions?: I do not.

D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted.
- You were a teacher previously and I'm sure you'll do a fine job with your position upon your return. Welcome back.

Please DM me on Discord to have your role sorted out - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread