sprkid2002

Level 4
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
BabyDingo

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
I currently do have discord, it is Dingo#6370

Do you have a microphone?:
I do have a microphone which works perfectly.

How old are you? (Optional):
I am currently 16 years old

What is your time zone?:
Eastern Australian Daylight

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I completely acknowledge the fact that if I am inactive at any time I will be demoted from my position. I will be active daily and will ensure it stays that way.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on the server for around 2-4 hours daily, I try to remain as active as possible for the purpose of gaining new roles on SRP.

Do you have any previous bans?:
I have never received a ban and will not receive any in the future as I stay out of trouble.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
My current roles I have had on the server was firstly, a year 12 student. My second role on the server was as a college student then moving up to the adult role after being a teacher for more than 2 months.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I am applying for the role as a P.A Teacher (Preferably Drama)

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for being a teacher is because I love teaching the students, as a teacher on SRP they're held with a highly respected role. I want to be able to motivate the students and help them to explore their SRP opportunities as well as even life opportunities, being a teacher is one of the most important roles on SRP, they have the job to teach students what they may not have the opportunity to learn outside of SRP. The teachers put the safety of the students above all, to maintain the learning experiences in a safe and healthy environment, the teachers have to keep the environment safe for them and ensuring they have fun in the process. Being a teacher has always been my dream, when I had become a teacher on SRP it was such an amazing experience, I enjoyed being with all the students and had the privilege to teach them all the amazing things of Art. But as I am opening a new chapter in my life, I have decided I would like to try some different opportunities such as becoming a Drama teacher, as well as my love for art I would also like to experience the art in drama, how they can express themselves freely and all join in as not only a class but as a school. Giving the students the opportunity to learn drama is my greatest honour. Even as a teacher before, my previous students have motivated me into rejoining the SRP community. I wish to make my classes not only a learning experience but also a fun one, full of games and laughter, that is my number one goal as to why I am becoming a teacher again.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes I completely understand that I may have to go through teacher training and will go through any training that I am assigned to. As I am a dedicated worker I hope to be a great asset to the SRP teaching community.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The teachers logs are vital when joining the community, they ensure that you have been attending and hosting classes. When doing the teacher logs, you must take a photo at the beginning of each lesson and post it on the designated logs discord chat. As a teacher it is their role that they're active and make the minimum standard number of classes that they attend, it is extremely important that each teacher shows a photo of them teaching and all the students in front of them, as well as the date and time of the class which would be shown at the bottom of their screen. If you fail to reach the minimum classes, you're at risk of losing your position as a teacher and would be demoted without pay for that month.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
The rules of being a teacher are:
  • No inappropriate behaviour or language
  • Being respectful to students and staff
  • Acting in a professional manner at all times
  • Do not participate in illegal activities or allow any illegal activities to happen
  • Report any activities which involve suspicious behaviour or rule breaking
  • When preparing classes, make sure that what you're teaching is relevant and correct
  • Respect the learning of your students and the learning of other students
  • Do not be held or held by another when on school grounds
  • Do not show any unfair treatment/discrimination towards anyone
  • Do not let students inside any student off limit areas such as the teachers lounge
  • No special treatment towards students, every student must be treated equally
  • Ensure that you keep up to date with your class logs

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My experiences I have had in my 2 years on SRP include, applying for many positions such as student council roles and trying out for school sports which were unfortunately unsuccessful. I had applied for College which I had successfully done and had spend around 4 months as a college student and enjoying the life as a college student, I then had applied for the position as an Art teacher which I had also successfully done and spent around 3 months as an Art teacher enjoying my life as an art teacher to the fullest with my students. On my other account, I have experienced a lot of gang RP which I had quit and is now working as an employee at a shop. During my 2 years, I have experienced so much and have now familiarised myself with the SRP rules, I have met many friends which I love being able to play with and it is such a joy to be able to play with them. Everyday I look forward to getting on and experience romance RP, gang RP and so much more of the other RP options.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
HD stands for Head Department, they're the highest of the teacher ranks.
↳ Description: They're assigned to a certain department, their role is to maintain the department and come up with structure for their department to use.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
QT stands for Qualified Teacher, they're just below Head Department but is above Newly Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description: In order to gain this role, you must have been teaching for about 2 months. The teacher who have received this role have proved themselves to be eligible for the role.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
NQT stands for Newly Qualified Teacher, they're above the UT role but is below both QT and HD.
↳ Description: Newly Qualified Teachers are teachers who have yet to be teaching for 2 months, they have shown to be teaching for less than 2 months and have not yet met the qualifications and training to move up to QT.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
UT stands for Unqualified teachers, they're below all of the teacher rankings.
↳ Description: Unqualified teachers are teachers that need to go through further training in order to becoming NQT rank, they are teachers who need a little assistance in order to reaching their full potential.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers have an image to uphold inside the school and outside the school, even outside the school the teachers are there to help the students and new players. Outside of the game and inside the game, teachers have the role to help and take care of their students ensuring they feel comftable and have the opportunity to learn the same things and are teaching equally without worrying about discrimination. In teachers spare time, they prepare their classes, they help the students and help to create an enjoyable time for the students where they can make friends and meet new interesting people who they might not have had the chance to meet before. It also gives the SRP teachers life experiences and it allows us to learn new skills and understand what it may be like being a teacher.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are so important for SchoolRP, they bring the server alive. SchoolRP wouldn't be SRP without them, they help the students to RP in a safe and toxic free environment. They help them to grow into amazing people, they help them build relationship skills and learning skills, it might even give the students the chance to learn things that they may not have the opportunity to learn outside of SchoolRP. Teachers prepare each class just for the students to have an opportunity to learn in a classroom and learn things that their own schools may not teach them. It's a great learning experience for the students and even for the teachers, the SchoolRP community work so hard as a team to have an enjoyable time roleplaying.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW - Must have, should have, could have, won’t have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?
April would have a bubbly and gentle personality, she would come off as understanding fun. She'd be wearing a pink dress with pink hair and white out dated glasses standing around 5'5. She'd walk around the school with a gentle smile, she'd greet each student and employee as she goes with a wave. April treats each student equally, she loves having conversations with them but remains in a professional manner while in the classroom or in serious situations. April is very welcoming to all and tries to get all students involved, especially group activities but if one feels uncomfortable she isn't one to force. She loves to have a fun classroom and more involves herself in class games rather than sitting at a desk. April's dream is to watch her two kids grow into amazing children, April loves teaching and wants to remain a teacher for as long as possible. Being a teacher has always been Aprils dream and she hopes to try different roles as she goes.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would approach the students bringing them to the side, I'd ask for them to please refrain from swearing in the hallways as it affects the students around them. If the students continue to act in this manner, I would issue a detention warning, if they still continue to act in this manner I would issue them a detention and report the issue to someone of higher status.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I'd clap my hands, placing my finger to my lips. I would remind the students of the importance of respect when in the classroom and how its fine for them to have fun, but they must be respectful when it is my time to speak. If the class continue, I would suggest that if they behave I would play a game at the end of the class with a smile.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
April would be happily chatting away with each teacher, she'd be getting familiar with the teachers asking for some advice with class activities asking them what they have been doing in their classes for some ideas. She'd be setting up a class idea with a fellow teacher laughing as they go.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She'd scratch the board with some chalk with a smile, on the board there would be a hangman game which had an arrow pointing towards it.
/me She'd smile watching the class walk in the room, she'd place her finger on her lips quieting the class.
/me With a smile, she'd stroll around the room observing the class seeing if anyone needed help.
/me She'd assign the class in two line, pointing for each student to go in a certain spot.

Backstory
April was born on November 22nd 1983 into a small family of 4, it was only April's Mother Nelly Fox, April's Father Ben Fox and her Grandmother Helen Fox who April adored. April was born into a normal household, neither poor nor wealthy. April as grown around different kind of arts, such as her artist grandmother who would paint, and her actress mother. April had always looked up to her grandmother, when April was 21 her grandmother tragically passed away, at her grandmothers funeral she met her childhood friend Tyler Scrowest who she hadn't seen in a long time. After catching up with him April soon fell in love, not even a year later the two got married and had two beautiful children, Rosie and Kaizer. When April was 23 her husband tragically died in a car accident leaving April widowed and alone taking care of her 2 children. For the sake of her children she decided to become an art teacher at Karakura High to earn some money but also to experience her dream of teaching. At 36 her parents suddenly passed, April moved back to England for 2 years to mourn the death of her parents. April has now returned Karakura to re-enroll into the school as a teacher once again.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
April Fox.
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms.
Given Name(s): April
Preferred Name: April

Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: Widowed

Nationality: English
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 17 years of teaching experience

Academic Degree: Drama
Year of Graduation: 2017
Major(s): Art, Drama
Minors: English, Mathematics

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: German and JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Drama Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.
- As you were an already a qualified teacher, you won't have to re-do training and instead will automatically be placed into the Newly Qualified Teacher position.

Users who are viewing this thread