_Mediioocre
_Mediioocre
Rich+
IGN:
_Mediioocre
DATE:
September 10th
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I wanted to suggest making backpacks, purses or any type of bag usable by holding it in your main hand and right-clicking.
And depending on the type of bag it can have different amount of slots. Backpacks could have 18 slots, purses and schoolbags could have 9 slots.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Although it sounds simple, this could bring some realism to the server and make bags more versatile and useful rather than just having them for looks.​

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+

This used to exist on the server, but due to unpredictability it can cause item loss/duplication glitches, there's a reason they were disabled and I don't think they should be brought back.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Neutral/+1

While yes, they were on the server before and yes they were pretty bad and basically holdable duping bags, we have significantly updated the server since then, and newer plugins could be available which could be much more stable and less exploitable. It should be re-evalued in my opinion

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Neutral/+1

While yes, they were on the server before and yes they were pretty bad and basically holdable duping bags, we have significantly updated the server since then, and newer plugins could be available which could be much more stable and less exploitable. It should be re-evalued in my opinion

I think people have enough inventory space as is, if you need more space, put things in an apartment, this feature just seems unnecessary imo.

Lizalopod

Level 130
I think people have enough inventory space as is, if you need more space, put things in an apartment, this feature just seems unnecessary imo.
There are a lot of people who cannot obtain an appartment, namely newer players. While a bag that's a whole inventory big would be too much, I feel like a 10 slot bag would be a good way to help people keep their inventories if they don't own one

(There should be a limit to how many are carryable though, otherwise heck no it would be way too OP)

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
I'll go with +1, sometimes it will be also helpful for shops. People sometimes wants A LOT of items which ending up a filled inventory, although the duplication thingy I believe it will be a good idea if there a way to prevent it. . .
This used to exist on the server, but due to unpredictability it can cause item loss/duplication glitches, there's a reason they were disabled and I don't think they should be brought back.
same u can to say about the lockers. but they exists so, there's no reason to not bring it back

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
There are a lot of people who cannot obtain an appartment, namely newer players. While a bag that's a whole inventory big would be too much, I feel like a 10 slot bag would be a good way to help people keep their inventories if they don't own one

(There should be a limit to how many are carryable though, otherwise heck no it would be way too OP)
If there's a limit to how many you can carry, I mean sure- why not. I'd just like it to be kept realistic with the amount of things one person can carry on them

Gunna!

Level 99
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
This has been suggested and denied too many times to keep track, doubt they would change their minds

cho0ii

Level 172
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
neutral

This was an Item on SRP before, however it caused duping glitches and was really annoying. Although we could possibly fix it due ot the amount of update in the server. if we do figure out a way to fix this glitch, I'm definitely changing this to +1

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1

i thought they were gonna fix the issues with it and bring this back. Just make it so you can put things that stack in it or idk :]

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1/-1 || Leaning toward +1

Part of me completely agrees that they should be brought back mainly because of how newer plugins have been implemented and because of how talented the staff team is. I believe that it can be possible to make it so there is no duping and I believe that this can be considered a quality-of-life improvement. Houses and apartments are not easy to obtain whatsoever. I've been a player since 2018 and ever since the update with the ability to own houses/apartments was added, I have not once ever owned an apartment or house till a few days ago. There can be other cases from other people that are similar to mine where they don't want to go through the trouble as well as people not knowing how.

But of course, I feel like this might easily become an issue even with just 10 slots. Duping is not the only thing that can cause an issue. There's also the fact that roleplay can be abused in a specific player's favor. An example of that is how a player could easily stack multiple bats inside of a backpack and if disarmed, they could always just pull out another and another and so on. That isn't realistically possible and I sure don't want to encounter a situation like this. I think this might require new rules to be implemented like not being able to store more than 3 weapons in a bag and such.

Besides that, I'm fully on board with this! There are a lot of old plugins (like the VR headset) that I would love to see return and this is one of them.

Valentine_Lols

Level 86
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
+1

PLEASE, I can't go to lockers on my adult account unless I am there for events. So something like this or bags/inventory public to other roles will be very helpful, I don't want to keep use SRP players as my inventory space locker

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

Sure, we've modernized but. . this plugin was a CATASTROPHE. People used the bags for duping, hiding things from the police, etc.. but even worse, people lost millions in items when the plugin went down (this was just as bad as the bank plugin, and to this day, I hear people refusing to trust the bank with their IC money)

The bag plugin was also not compatible with many of the server's plugins at the time, and ofc, plugins have changed since then but. . I'd rather not let history repeat itself.

Lizalopod

Level 130
This has been denied hundreds of thousands of millions of times.
Just because it's been denied before doesn't mean it couldn't be viable. Again, we are leagues away from the older versions that caused problems. If it's still a problem with an updated plugin then yeah no remove them. But if it isn't a problem, why not?

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
while this is true, an apartment isn’t always entirely reliable to store your things in, I know a few friends who refuse to store items in it due to unpredictability in the case something may happen to it.
personally I give a +1, I dont see the error in having backpacks if they can be made to work reliably.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
while this is true, an apartment isn’t always entirely reliable to store your things in, I know a few friends who refuse to store items in it due to unpredictability in the case something may happen to it.
personally I give a +1, I dont see the error in having backpacks if they can be made to work reliably.
As long as you log in atleast once every 30 days and pay your rent, its a pretty surefire way to store your items :D

Hamburger

Level 182
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Just because it's been denied before doesn't mean it couldn't be viable. Again, we are leagues away from the older versions that caused problems. If it's still a problem with an updated plugin then yeah no remove them. But if it isn't a problem, why not?
I agree that this would be cool, I just doubt that this would just be denied again so I don't see too much of a point posting it anyway, so technically I'm not -1 nor am I +1 on this

Users who are viewing this thread