mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Baseball Plugin Thoughts

NukaRndz

Level 53
IGN: NukaRndz & Lutaze (This has been a thought from the college baseball team as a whole)
DATE: 8/30/20

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A few months back the baseball plugin was promised an update so that we could play the game with fewer players than 8. This however never happened, nor got added. I understand that this as a whole does not majorly affect the server, however it does greatly affect the two baseball teams. It caues our player count to drop and makes it hard to hold pratices. When 8 people dont show up, how do we run our pratices?? We can't do anything except roleplay and talk, and as much as this can be fun, it's not the purpose of pratices for the two teams. Pushing this aside it makes it impossible for us to move forward and plan games ect ect. all we have been able to do is learn the plugin, develope a team with proper positions and then. . start again because people get bored of the plugin and leave quckly. This doesn't need to be something prioritized or put forward right away, but we would greatly appreciate to hear that the update is still an idea on the table of updates. Last I heard from Duckings it was still something that was going to revieve an update, but I have not heard from him since 2 months ago when he told us it would get added in a week.

Jerhk

Level 35

As the High School Baseball Captain I feel as if my input might be appreciated on this topic;

I understand that people get busy and that there's always going to be something more immediately needed.
That being said the lack of the future plugins have left both teams in a sour spot. We can practice each week
and learn to do better and play the game better but we can't hold competitions. With Volleyball there's always
a competition to be had with HS v. College, same with Football and Basketball. They can all properly hold
competitions against the other teams. Yes they don't do it often but they still have the choice. Baseball on
the other hand can't hold a proper competition. They players get divided up randomly and there's no way to
keep track of the Winning team. The main thing that fuels players to stay on teams is competitions, anyone
can play a plugin but are you really good if the other team beats you? We don't have that. We hold practices
and players aren't being active with it anymore because there's no motivation at the end of it. The practice
plug in would also be very beneficial to us. I'm sure as you all know school is going back into session and
a lot of players have been restricted to certain times of the day. I have players from America, the U.K., as well
as Australia. It's very hard to get everyone together for a practice and if we have less than 8 there's the OOC
spam of "come play with us." just so my team can practice. My last practice I had to reschedule due to the lack
of players showing up. Originally scheduled for 6pm on a Tuesday it was moved to 12pm on a Sunday. Easier
right? Only three of my teammates were able to show up out of 16. I know some are inactive due to irl issues
but a lot of them simply couldn't make it because of time while others saw that at the best of time. If the 1 v 1
plugin gets added it'll be so much easier to have split practices. I don't mind practicing throughout the day,
through the week, etc, with my players. This is something I take on as the Captain and I want to see my players
do the best they can at the game but it hinders them with obligations outside of the server as well as time zones.

The plugin and game is a wonderful addition to the server, it's not something someone can just wander on and
pick up in a day and that's what makes people energized to come back. They feel accomplished once they can
not only actually play but play it well. Adding both plugins previously promised would re-energize the teams and
get us back on track to being something the server can be proud to have.

Thank you for the time you've taken to read my opinions, thoughts, and concerns on the topic. Hope you all have
a lovely day moving forward regardless of the answer.

♡​

Users who are viewing this thread