BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
IGN:

BearDucky - Main
CuteCqon - Alternate Account

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)

Turtlee#0823

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?

Indeed do have a microphone to speak with.

Your time zone and current country of residence:

BST/GMT

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

I acknowledge that I could quite possibly be removed from the community team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

I currently am sitting my GCSE's and they are very important, I tend to not worry about them anyways. I still come on very often and I balance the amount of school work I do, applying now will help motivate me and I do believe if I manage things correctly I could possibly be on often. Especially after GCSE's I will have a 3 month period where I am on holiday which would be a nice time to write and explore into a further story line.

The second thing is holidays, I occasionally go on holiday, like actual holiday: away from home: out of the house: round a friends, if any of these were the case I would either inform my lead, or if possible fill out a format which consists of my inactivity period. The longest time I'll ever be inactive is anywhere from 1-7 days (1 week). Yet I only ever go on holiday once or twice a year so that shouldn't be that big of a problem.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

The passion of writing is me being able to express my imagination through words, I'd have to say I've had quite a few attempts at writing and publishing actual books. I stopped after a while due to the long process ahead but I continued to write, having school allows me to stay a managing connection to writing, I personally will not stop writing as It helps calm me down as I explore my pages with my pen or pencil, or even word document.

Also having written in the past I would love to show my writing skills within a server I enjoy, and even help with lore within the SRP community. I write a lot of creative and quite good quality stories/descriptions, when writing I focus a lot, I'd have to say that's an understatement actually as I will focus so much on writing that I will cancel out anything that's happening just to write a detailed, and inventive piece of art also known as the piece of writing of course.

My imagination is full of many ideas for stories, and it has been my passion to write many stories, I like to write stories based on love, drama, horror, and more. Having a creative mind I quite enjoy writing and one could say its actually become a massive hobby of mine, having written multiple openings, stories, and endings sometimes. My passion for writing developed a vast amount. But overall my passion comes from my heart, writing makes me feel relaxed and excited, especially when it comes to seeing the outcome.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

I do, I have a tremendous amount of experience in creative writing, I'd have to say I've had some experience in lore but not as much as creative writing. I know I'm only a school student but I've gone far as said I've gone so far to being soon able to publish a book, I'd have to say the only problem I had with publishing it was the expensive total at the end of it. Also I have gradually taught myself to have a better mind and much larger variety of vocabulary of words.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

My words on lore is a way to express the backstory of events and marvellous characters; or places. I’d have to say lore is a multi-choice thing, having been able to write and describe a enticing piece of work which pulls the reader into the writing as if they were there in person.

Lastly my take on lore is a page waiting to be written about, whether it be about the past, or present. Overall lore is a book which may be manipulated however you want as long as you put your mind too it.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

[!] The streets echo through the tranquil streets, the rusted blade which slice across the narrow, edged path. Her glance could cause a ripple in time, her faded eyes punctured the gloomy sky. The pattern which splat across her smooth face, her hand gripped around the blade, like a
valiant warrior grasping onto their smoked sword. The view of the alley way which covers it self in mist, its daring entrance entices its victims. [!]

The violence that shadows the cities overlooks them as they speak. Stalking them like prey and predator, her hunt wasn't over, having caught the devious boy, the power which surged through her grew insatiable clenching her fist as she rose up. The struggle. The anger. The lust for vengeance, plunging her blade threw the ground as it screeched. The trees twisted and turned as the boy looked up in fear, his eyes flood with terror and pain as he was overcome with shock. Her heart once beating, now frozen too ice. The blood which flow threw the rock as it scratched its way into the core of the earth. Her blade struck not only one heart, but two, piercing it with frustration. Her strive for revenge grew stronger with the impatient personality which clawed at her brain.

As the boy merely merged into the rock, his eyes shattered like a crystal, the blade stuck out like a sore thumb. Slicing through the earth, she withdrew the blade from where it stood, his hands edged towards the rusted blade as its glistening handle bar taunted the fragile boy. The sudden change, as the boy smirked with confidence. Jumping to his feet as his pride was held within his palm, stumbling off the rock as he glanced at her. His stretch for the blade unsheathed it from her cast. Standing in a stance as his focus locked on point.

The flowers which grew under them danced, appearing from the wounds in the ground, only to be healed by its love and beauty. The pretty things, so beautiful, yet there true form reveals the truth about everything, eyes locked to one another. There lives flashed before each others eyes, the clang of the blades as they drop dead onto the floor. Each of them shredded with emotion, like pouring water into a cup, eventually overflowing. He was just a mere human being, and so was she. . . they were one of the same, yet her thoughts, and his thoughts were the opposite. She broke, her face covered in tears, his face covered in shame and guilt. Grasping her hand, he picked her up carrying her into the light as the flowers blossomed and thrived.

Laying on the ground both held a grip onto their hands as the shattered glass was fixed piece by piece, her being shattered, as well as him.

[!] The trees expressed their beauty, the flowers stood high with their precious petals, and the two lay their in harmony and relaxation. Leaves tumbled to the ground as their colours faded into the lifeless sky. Nature began to grow. The world started to spin. And the universe began to balance out. [!]

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The Beautiful, Biting, Beastly Beach

The day rises, the night emerges, but the ocean remain sturdy. The damp smell of the clothes that he wore rest upon the rack, the smooth wet suit drip like a tap. Sand scorched with its deep hellfire, ripping the moisture off the suit as it stripped its water. His firm grip wrap around the glass of fresh, flavoured water, the taste of orange burst in his mouth as if it was a party. Yet his skin strangled him for air, having been tortured under the suit which leeched onto him. Being a surfer has its ups and downs, yet the place Karakura had never seen under the moon was yet to emerge from its lair, having infected the people, animals, and its waters. The girl storm in like a demon who demanded life, the struggle of the blazing sun was not a advantage to those who seek joy and fun. The beach may seem to be a nice place yet what truly lurks within it would scare the skin off your body. Not everywhere is perfect, and this place sure as hell wasn't perfect at all.

His lust to surf became insatiable as it became one of his biggest and most interesting hobbies, her on the other hand was mischievous and daring, they both sat upon the crowd, over run beach lacking the knowledge of any possible feeling that something may have seemed off or gloomy. The water remain pure, yet ominous, its waves purged the shore as it hammered into the beach. Yet the people don't know what lurks under the ocean, its stare could have caused massive destruction as once its up, the world would be in flames for decades to come. His unknowing mind continued to explore like a child at a theme park, so clueless yet happy. She had yet to enjoy her self, kicking crabs, and hermit crabs as she scowled heavily, her facial expression lacked the thing that people needed. Happiness. Fins flapped, spikes sprung free, a clear threat was patrolling the once lovely ocean. People began to run, screaming in terror as their voice boxes shattered, their minds driving insane as people grip onto others for safety, only to be met with the unfortunate hopelessness that they fear may catch them.

The beach so beautiful yet so ominous once again left desolate and deserted, not a single soul other than the two. The young man who stood their from mere shock in his face, as the monster had pried open each of their eyes without even hurting a fly. The monster eyes shone like crystals, as if it was made of jewels and gems. Its spikes lathered with the poison that many feared, a fluid which could not only paralysis one, but it could grasp onto life and tear it into pieces. Not only were people unsafe, but they were frightened. The boy and the girl both terrified of what they saw in front of them. Many refused to look at the beach or even glance over at it, the carnage and sudden appearance had not only frightened the people, but it had left a scar that would not be healed for decades to come.

As the beast submerge in the water, its disappearance almost seemed untrue as the sight of it was no where to be seen, people glanced back over finally having heard it swift threw the waters shields. There was no place like home. Yet home was not the place to be. His focus so locked onto the sky, his body looked as if it was lifeless and empty, where as the girl was lost for words, unable to speak, move, or even see, her mind was a blank, dark, and brittle place, having been shattered the moment it stepped foot along the water. The day was not a day to forget as the ocean lay a baron land which people could not bare the sight of. The creature which seemed to be a cross between sea serpent and dragon had not only spooked the people but it had sure left the beach a rather. Baron, baleful, bloody beach, was no longer the place to be.

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
The reasons for your denial include:
- While I commend your use of literary devices, your writing was difficult for the team to follow and certain parts could have used major revision
- Try to tone down the vocabulary a little, while it is always nice to have a fancy vocabulary, there was an excess amount.

Users who are viewing this thread