'Bearing' With The Trauma | KARAKURA NEWS

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

Bears; Aggressive, violent beasts, or the victims of human harassment? Good day Karakura, my name is Adaryn R. Zennix and today I will be touching on the barely spoken topic, the wild bears of Karakura.

A History of The Bears

The bears of Karakura have been here even before us. These beasts have roamed our woods for generations, even where our city used to be wood, they roamed freely, and without disturbance. No one knows the true time the bears came to Karakura, but it’s safe to assume a long time before ourselves and ancestors. When Karakura was founded, it was decided that instead of poaching the bears until they were no more, we would reserve an area for them, a sanctuary, this sanctuary is known as the Ochiba Forest. As the years passed, the area of tranquillity was slowly lowered, as more areas such as camp sites, a fishing dock and cabins for those wishing to vacation in a quiet and secluded wood. Due to the ever growing population of Karakura, more and more of the wood was taken by us civilians, and eventually the bears were limited to a small cave. As we got curious, we began investigating these bear caves, and as the saying goes: Curiosity killed the cat. The bears began to become aggressive, and began attacking civilians who dared to taunt the once docile beasts. As they were taunted over the years, they turned from docile, quiet creatures, to their new title, of savage predators of humans. These creatures began to attack, and soon more and more civilians were injured, or lost their lives to these beasts, even the bears being killed by police in attempts to save us.

As years went on, the number of attacks, and deaths by bear attack grew, with every 1 in 3 civilians being attacked by a bear in their life. As the attacks grew, the blame was left on KPD for not putting up enough precautions around the beasts, however no one took into consideration that civilians were the main reason for these attacks; we got too curious. Soon, these docile creatures became killers, and were labelled as monsters, even though they were a victim in this whole ordeal.

Awareness of Bear Attacks

As the issue with the bears began to become more relevant, more and more awareness was spread, but is this enough?

Signs and warnings were put up around the forest, warning civilians of grizzly bear activity, along with fines being introduced for disruption of nature, but no matter how much money the police took, civilians ignored the warnings, the grizzly bears becoming more and more violent.

Many say that awareness of the injuries sustained by these creatures were not enough, some saying more patrols by officers, awareness posters, and even jail time for the disturbance of these creatures should be introduced, but it appears nothing has happened within these grounds. Many ask what the KPD and government plan to do about the issue, and as it appears right now, they plan to do nothing. The situation with the bears has turned into a "deal with the aftermath rather than solve the problem situation" as commented by Trainee doctor Romeo Miyahara. The KPD and government are also believed to not take into account how these bears may become more aggressive, or the fact that the higher the attack rate becomes, the more overworked EMS are. It appears as of now, nothing will be done about these beasts, but we can only hope for a better and brighter future.

Miyahara Interview

To close this report, I was permitted an interview with trainee doctor Romeo Miyahara, who wanted to share their own opinions on the recent bear attacks.

[!] A tape would be attached of the interview that followed [!]

AZ: “Okay, so basic information first. Name and position in EMS?”

RM: “Romeo Miyahara, trainee doctor.”

AZ: “So Mr. Miyahara, you appear to be a trainee within Karakura Emergency services, but you’ve already dealt with attacks inflicted on civilians by bears?”

RM: “Yes, I can’t exactly recall how many, but I myself have dealt with at least two, one being with Dr. Aoki, where we had to go into the forest to pick up the injured civilian.”

AZ: “And how severe would you consider this attack?”

RM: “Not too severe, both required stitches and rabies shots of course. But for the most part, both wounds were on the arms with no artery damage.”

AZ: “I see, and would you say this attack could’ve been more severe?”

RM: “It very much could’ve been with the first patient treated, luckily they got out decently okay. When we went into the forest, it had only been a young bear so not all that big and dangerous, although we cannot be too sure with wild animals.”

AZ: “So regarding the bears. Do you think this could at all pose a higher threat in the future? With civilians being not so careful around bears, more work may be piled on EMS. Do you see this as possible?”

RM: “It’s possible if more awareness isn’t spread about the bear attacks, and the bears increased aggression. Civilians don’t seem to mind the bear warnings in the forest, or miss them entirely leading to these attacks. And when it happens, they don’t know how to get away to safety.”

AZ: “So with these attacks increasing, the bears are becoming more aggressive. Would you consider the fatality rate of bear attacks increasing, along with possible bear poaching?”

RM: “That does seem like a plausible outcome, as difficult as it is. We’ve euthanized two bears, treated many patients, and had many calls regarding aggressive bears. The forest has become a far too dangerous place for civilians.”

AZ: “So with this becoming a more pressing issue as the days go by, do you think the KPD and government are tackling this well, or even thinking about the pressure being put on EMS?”

RM: “I’m not sure, I think more precautions could be placed to prevent these attacks. More frequent patrols, more signs, bear safety posters and all. It seems like a more “Deal with the aftermath” than “Solve the problem” situation.”

AZ: “With this becoming a more pressing issue, what's your opinion on it all? Who do you think is the most responsible for this? The KPD, Civilians, even the Bears?”

RM: “I’m stressed, if I’m honest. Euthanizing the animals is extremely draining emotionally, even if I’m not the one handling it. As for who’s responsible, it’s hard to say, but I feel the city should take more action and responsibility in making sure the civilians are protected from the bears and the attacks, and know what to do in the case of an aggressive bear, or any aggressive animal.”

AZ: “So, two final questions. One, do you think this problem will at all be sorted in the future?”

RM:
“I’m optimistic, but not entirely hopeful for it… If that makes sense.”

AZ: “I understand what you mean, So our final question to wrap up the interview, would you like to add anything that was not mentioned today?”

RM
: “None at all thank you.”

AZ: “Alright. That is the end of the interview.”

[!] The tape would cut off [!]

Hopefully, this issue with the bears is resolved, and our lives will become easier. Thank you for reading this report, my name is Adaryn R. Zennix, this report was brought to you by Karakura News Station, and I wish you a good day.

Got a story? Maybe some new gossip you want Karakura to know? Then call 020-980-4487 to speak to a reporter!

Users who are viewing this thread