Not open for further replies.

IGN (In Game Name):
@BeeIzBusy

Previous bans:
None.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes.

Describe your activity on the server:
I play mostly everyday, except for when I have school or sports occupying me.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
No I do not, but I can always download it. I do have Discord and Skype though.

Do you have a microphone?
Not yet, I am currently using my phone as a microphone.

List your current and past applications:
I have not sent in any applications except for this one.

What is your motivation for applying?:
One of my friends (@ItzAngii) recently got accepted as teacher and I thought it would be fun to try something new, because to be honest, role playing as a student was starting to get boring. I also love anything with astronomy, as long as I can remember, so I thought it would be fun to teach students what I know and more.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Yes I have.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Yes.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
I would create a field-trip application by completing both the OOC application and the IC application using the format provided.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
The rules would be the basic rules during any class such as raising you hand before speaking, no eating or drinks in class, no inappropriate behavior/ language and no yelling.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
I have talked to some teachers and watched how it is to be a teacher, making sure I am not getting myself into something without truly knowing what to do and how to act.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

- Trainee

- NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher)

- QTLS/QT (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills)

- HoD/HD (Head of Department)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes I have and I completely understand.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I would make sure that other teachers would be more active and be more open to talk to students when needed, mostly because I haven't seen a lot of teachers on.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The most common thing about teachers in-game and out-of-game is that they're both here to teach. They're both here to provide information to the youth so they can understand more about that subject and gain more knowledge. Teachers take a lot of their time to plan lessons for their students to help them expand their vocabulary and to be more open minded.

In my country, teachers can earn up to $50 500 a year in Norway.

I think a lot of people expect teachers to always work, but they are still normal people. They probably go out for a coffee, grocery shopping etc., Though I'm guessing that they spend a lot of their time preparing for class and homework(...).

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Without teachers a school would not be able to properly work. Teachers not only makes roleplay feel more realistic but they also educate and inform the students like real teachers.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - Teachers in training are given this rank, they work to help in the working environment by assisting the teacher. ~ NQT - Teachers who are close to being fully qualified teachers are given this rank, they are able to host lessons as long as they have permission from the head of their department. ~ QTLS - Teachers who are fully qualified are given this rank, they are able to host lessons without permission from the head of their department. ~ HD - Teachers who control their department are given this role, they have power over NQTs and their lessons.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
a must have /should have/could have system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

My character is named Nylah Isabel Diaz. She has mid-length black-brown hair and emerald green eyes. She has a curvy and plump build and is around 5’4 tall. Coming from a Spanish origin means she has a very strong personality. Her stubbornness can get overwhelming at times but she truly doesn’t mean any harm. She is very optimistic, making sure that every students feels like they can do the task she has handed to them. She will treat every student the same, no matter their status, gender or their skin color. Nylah is a very easy-going person, making it easy to befriend her, but she can easily get defensive if a teacher/adult provokes her. After befriending Nylah she will show her sarcastic self, making a joke as often as she can. Normally she talks in a very calm voice, but if needed she will yell, either from annoyance or for humor. Her goals in life is to become a role model for younger students and show them that you can achieve anything in life, as long as you don’t give up.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would tell them to stop using that kind of language and tell them the consequences. If they would not stop considering I have warned them, I will write down their name and report them to the principal/another official. Other options would be detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would tell them to listen to me or clap my hands hopefully catching their attention. I would tell them the consequences if they didn’t listen then continue the class.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
She would make a few jokes here and there, socializing with the teachers and always having a cup of coffee in her hand, often looking at pictures on her phone of the space.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me makes an explosion gesture with her hand as she makes an explosion sound.

/me spins the globe

/me hands out prints of a list of different galaxy names

/me draws the solar system on the blackboard

/me gives him/her a serious look while crossing her arms

BACKSTORY

Nylah has always been interested in the space. Ever since she saw the northern light during a trip to Iceland she started buying astronomy books, magazines, and was searching the web non stop. At the age of 14 she got a small telescope, so she could get a closer look on the stars and the moon. At school she would tell her small group of friends about the research she would’ve found after pulling an allnighter. She loved teaching and helping people have a better and clearer view on astronomy. During her entire short life of being interested in the space she never once had a thought about becoming an astronomy teacher. That was until her 17th birthday, her father asked her what she wanted to study in college. The first thought that came to her mind was Astronomy. At that time she didn’t think about teaching students, that was until she met her roommate Scarlett. Each night Nylah would tell Scarlett about all of the different galaxies and how they worked. One night her roommate asked why she didn’t want to become an Astronomy teacher. Nylah had thought about it, but her insecurities and hesitation held her back. After finishing college she tried to become an Astronomy researcher, but never got a job. Scarlett yet again told her to stop hesitating and go for the job as a teacher. She did as told and sent in an application. Even if she knew that she would have to teach young teenagers, she was terrified, but there was no going back. Nylah was then shocked to find out her application was accepted, she called Scarlett to discuss the big news with her. Scarlett was so proud of her best friend and how much she had grown and surpassed her insecurities, soon later Scarlett decided to celebrate Nylah's success by staying up all night on a hill discussing about the everything and nothing.

IN CHARACTER

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Nylah Raven Diaz

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Nylah Raven

Preferred Name:
Miss Diaz or Miss Raven(by students) and Ny or Nylah(by teachers or adults)

Religious Denomination:
Agnostic

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Spanish

Current Location:
Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0

Working Experience (# of years): 4 years (During college)

Academic Degree: Astronomy Degree

Year of Graduation: 2015

Major(s): Astronomy and English

Minors: Math and Geography

Native Languages: English

Other Languages: Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Preferred Teaching Subject: Astronomy

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread