mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Better mods and non mod players can't view ban appeals.

SuperMattD

Level 3
First off, the mods don't every reply to problems someone may have. If they do, it's always long after the problem. I would say get mods who take their job seriously, and if they aren't taking DMs, have them turn off discord. Also, normal players shouldn't be allowed to view ban appeals, this can really hurt someone mentally and think they are hated and don't matter. This really is bad as mods will also see this and more likely not accept the appeal as they see people hate the appealing player. Only mods and up should be able to react to the appeal so people don't have ruined self esteem, think about how you would feel if you spent time on an appeal and really meant it and some person just reacts a really scummer reaction and then you don't get appeal. It's wrong and some may consider it harassment.

Lizalopod

Level 130
-1?

Firstly follow the suggestion format kek

Secondly, staff do their job just fine.

"First off, the mods don't every reply to problems someone may have. If they do, it's always long after the problem. I would say get mods who take their job seriously, and if they aren't taking DMs, have them turn off discord."

Please keep in mind that no staff member is a robot that monitors 24/7. They are human beings just like you who have things to do appart from minecraft. They are allowed to have bloody lives and use discord as they please. It's unreasonable to tell them to turn off discord when they aren't doing their duties.

In terms of ban appeals, why should they be hidden? I don't really see a good reason for it personally, it offers more transparency aswell.

AdventureApollo

Level 5
AdventureApollo
AdventureApollo
Fundraiser+
ex-FRP'er here

I do not agree with the suggestion to prevent the public from viewing ban appeals, usually seeing a ban appeal can allow for community members to chime in with any other evidence about the appealer if they failed to report it previously. However, the ability to react to ban appeals should be removed. The only thing those reactions can be used for is toxicity and serve no function in the ban appeal process. Additionally, I think minor/accidental bans should be much more applicable to being repealed via DMs instead of having to go through the ban appeal process. It's not suitable for somebody to get falsy banned (with plenty of evidence against it), and be forced to put all that information on the forums and have to wait an entire week.

I also do not believe the current system of appealing only to the admin that specifically banned you is a good idea. That admin can go on break for a few weeks and then any bans made by them cannot be appealed until they come back. (Unless they have another admin do it for them, which only happens rarely) There should be a few specific admins and moderation team members that have their primary duty to check ban appeals and organize the mod team, reviewing evidence provided by both the banning admin and the appealer to decide their choice of action. I genuinely have no idea how moderation can even operate on SchoolRP with no dedicated mod managers except KimiNoUso and Duckings

SuperMattD

Level 3
ex-FRP'er here

I do not agree with the suggestion to prevent the public from viewing ban appeals, usually seeing a ban appeal can allow for community members to chime in with any other evidence about the appealer if they failed to report it previously. However, the ability to react to ban appeals should be removed. The only thing those reactions can be used for is toxicity and serve no function in the ban appeal process. Additionally, I think minor/accidental bans should be much more applicable to being repealed via DMs instead of having to go through the ban appeal process. It's not suitable for somebody to get falsy banned (with plenty of evidence against it), and be forced to put all that information on the forums and have to wait an entire week.

I also do not believe the current system of appealing only to the admin that specifically banned you is a good idea. That admin can go on break for a few weeks and then any bans made by them cannot be appealed until they come back. (Unless they have another admin do it for them, which only happens rarely) There should be a few specific admins and moderation team members that have their primary duty to check ban appeals and organize the mod team, reviewing evidence provided by both the banning admin and the appealer to decide their choice of action. I genuinely have no idea how moderation can even operate on SchoolRP with no dedicated mod managers except KimiNoUso and Duckings
This is what I am saying, you summed it up pretty nicely

SuperMattD

Level 3
-1?

Firstly follow the suggestion format kek

Secondly, staff do their job just fine.

"First off, the mods don't every reply to problems someone may have. If they do, it's always long after the problem. I would say get mods who take their job seriously, and if they aren't taking DMs, have them turn off discord."

Please keep in mind that no staff member is a robot that monitors 24/7. They are human beings just like you who have things to do appart from minecraft. They are allowed to have bloody lives and use discord as they please. It's unreasonable to tell them to turn off discord when they aren't doing their duties.

In terms of ban appeals, why should they be hidden? I don't really see a good reason for it personally, it offers more transparency aswell.
Do you want me to show you? Do a fake appeal and just wait like 2 days and people will be flaming it with emojis just to be toxic and careless. You got to have the eyes of the person seeing it unfold. This is why we as humans are let alone the dumbest most coldest species on Earth, except Ryan Reynolds and Adam Sandler, maybe Chris Pratt. Anyhow, you can't just assume people are like you because you're all high and mighty and don't care for us peasents cause your life is laid out for you in a saterical way. People need to realize the mental suffering toxicity does to others, hell wouldn't be surprised if people gave up on roleplaying because if this demonic demonstration of human hatred. So rethink what you said, rethink where you started and that we are all human and some people actually have mental issues that make the harm worse from toxicity.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thanks for your feedback.

- Instead of hiding ban appeals, I've disabled reactions to avoid any possible toxic behaviour.​
- I understand that you may be frustrated with your ban, however Administrators do not ban players without evidence/reason. If you feel that your ban hasn't been handled appropriately you can contact me via Discord, or any of the Senior Administration team and they will handle it from there.​
- Staff are humans with lives & hobbies outside of SchoolRP; they volunteer their time to help moderate and administrate for the server outside of their real lives, and their Discord accounts are theirs to manage.​
* This isn't FantasyRP, "Mod Managers" do not exist here. Higher-ups (Senior Administrators) have the ability to handle any staff-related issue and anything beyond their abilities is forwarded to me personally.

Users who are viewing this thread