BH | Demo

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Hey! My name is Nylu! This is a current project I've had in the works for months and I decided to show a little demo of it!

TW: Blood, scary topics!

BEAST HUNTER

PROLOGUE.

Blood dripped from the branches from above. A body, limbs rent apart, the limbs being severely mangled, blood spreading slowly around the body. The smell of blood was strong, owning such a rusted scent. And there I was with my brother, Hiro. I hid in fear, anger, and confusion even. I never took into mind how easily someone could lose their life. We’re all just meat bags held together by strong white structures. And as the hunter’s lifeless body was spread across the ground, I could only listen in horror as the other would gasp for air, being held up in the air by the beast. Then, snap. Only a groan was heard next, the sound of the body dropping, then silence.

Hiro turned to me and looked me in the eyes. I could almost hear what he was trying to say, although he remained silent. I grab his wrist, squeezing it, shaking my head no. I couldn’t lose him too. His will for justice burned throughout his body, his veins popping and his arms shaking. Adrenaline. And I felt it. I felt his adrenaline, his hatred, his willpower. It was only till today that we learned the power of a beast. And it was only till today that peace would no longer surface in Argon Village. A war had begun. A war that humanity wasn't yet ready for.

Minutes passed as we hid in the bushes. The silence was louder than my thoughts at this point. Every single instinct in my body is telling me to run, find my parents, find someone, find help. I can tell that’s what Hiro was thinking as well. His whole body vibrated and his muscles tensed up. He cried silently, having difficulty breathing and swallowing. I didn’t have time to cry and dwell on emotion. I have one priority and that’s to get us both to our parents.
I peeked out of the bush only to dip back, placing my arm in front of Hiro and nearly vomiting. It became hard to concentrate, butterflies stabbing and tearing at the insides of my stomach. I became dizzy and my body felt weak. I couldn’t let Hiro see what I just saw. No one should have to see what I just saw. I placed my hand over his eyes and helped him out of the bush, immediately turning in the opposite direction and heading back towards Argon Village.

We’d been walking through the forest for a good twenty minutes now. Hiro remained silent and so did I. We already knew what each other was thinking. We’re thinking about how it was ironic how we were always told by our elders that you don’t have any worries, or you don’t have to work, and you don’t have to pay taxes. It was always you’re too young. And here we are, worrying about what state our village might be in, worrying about our parents, and being worried about anyone else we knew. Worried about-
Crunch.
We stopped moving. I don’t know if it was because we wanted to find out whether or not it was us, or if it was because we were frozen in fear, being sure it was someone other than us.
I reached my hand out slowly, grabbing Hiro’s arm. He was shaking yet again, but this time it was worse. It felt like at any moment, he’d collapse. I turned my face toward him to see him pale, and his eyes widened. I turned toward the direction he faced and saw it. A beast. And behind me,
Crunch.
The sound of feet shuffling through leaves continued from behind us. It was the only other sound besides the wind whistling around trunks, disturbing the leaves. All of the insects stopped churring, all the birds stopped singing, and all the squirrels stopped chattering. It’s as if they knew what was coming.
Unanticipatedly, the steps behind us became awfully quick. By the time I turned, it was already towering over me. A beast. Two of them. Hiro didn’t turn ‘nor did he move. He remained frozen. I debating doing the same. My breath was shaky and so were my legs. My heart was pounding, trying to tear its way out of my chest and suddenly it became hard to focus. It was here. No. They were here. The ones who killed the hunters from before. The ones who tore them apart. The ones who showed no mercy. The ones starving for blood.

Beasts.

Thanks for reading!
This is a project I will be working on for a while. Art is in the works and lore is being made. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread