mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted billnai's Teacher Assistant Application.

martina

Level 1
[OOC section]

In-Game Name:
billnai

School Employee Role you are Applying For: I am applying for a Teaching Assistant.

How often do you log onto the server?: I log onto the server every day for at least 2-3 hours but usually more. As much as I don't want to admit this, I go online for an unhealthy amount of time due to our current condition in lockdown. I have exams coming up though, so that may have a small effect on my activity but I can still ensure that I stay active on the server.

Do you have discord? Yes, I do have discord. It is martina.#0009

Do you have a microphone? Yes, I do have a microphone and I'm perfectly happy and comfortable with speaking.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?:
Unfortunately, I have been banned twice I believe. The first time was during the middle of 2017 for 'exceeding my warning limit'. Back then, I was not aware of the rules and I have learned from my mistakes and can ensure that I never make the same ones again.

The second time was for 'staff disrespect' and that was in early 2019. The whole thing was a misunderstanding and it will not happen again. I admittedly said things which I did not mean as a 'joke' and I have come to terms with this and accepted what I did was wrong. I hope that this can be looked passed.

Can you ensure that you will often come on:
Yes, I can ensure that I will be active on the server as I do not see any reason to change my activity as it is today.

Do you recognize that you can be ICly fired?:
Yes, I recognize this and understand it.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee:
A Teaching Assistants role, as described in the name, is to assist and help the main class teacher. In class, teaching assistants should make sure that the students are doing as they are meant to. They must ensure that students are behaving up to their standards and completing given work otherwise their grades could go downhill. Assistants are also supposed to lend a hand to struggling students alongside the main class teacher as the teacher may be busy, either explaining a task or helping another student with their work. The assistants can get involved in marking work to help the teacher along the way so they can get work back to students much faster and more efficiently. They can also direct students around campus who may happen to be new so ease them into the new school in a calm and safe manner. An important thing they have to make sure to do is discipline anybody who is causing disruption or setting an uncomfortable atmosphere for the learning community, this is absolutely vital as disruption can be a mental as well as a physical hazard for other students around them, and of course, students’ safety is above all the top priority.

Do you have any past experience in this type of role play?:
I do have experience in this type of role play as I have been a school janitor before, meaning I understand how to keep students under control and I overall know the kind of atmosphere the school grounds has and how to keep it that way. I have been in the community for a long time and have still not quite experienced what it’s like to actually be a teacher in SchoolRP as being a janitor does not have this type of roleplay experience. I feel like it could really widen my range and expand my knowledge on roleplay, helping me overall to have a more enjoyable time, as well as cause others to have an enjoyable time too!

What experience, in general, do you have in role play?:
I have been roleplaying since 2013 on different servers as vampires, wolves, and probably any other fantasy creatures you can think of. Though none of these servers were quite like SchoolRP and definitely not as advanced or as focused/dedicated to RP as this is.

Overall roleplaying has been a large part of my childhood creativity as I'd always love to create different characters and live a different life as if I were them. I also love creative writing - roleplaying has allowed me to come up with different characters and really got me to understand them, making for better character development in my stories.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it:
Yes, I am familiar with what my job does. Teaching assistants are supposed to make teaching life easier, lifting some weight off of the main teacher’s shoulders when the headteacher or professor is stressed or has a lot of work for completion sometimes even if they just need some assistance when teaching a large class. Their role at the school is to make it a better place for everyone, whether that means education-wise or simply making it a safer place to be. They are small details that are compulsory to the staff and students as they have the ability to better the learning experience, safety, and happiness of the students.

[Situations]

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:
I'd remain calm and formally tell them to stop cursing, giving them a warning as that would alert them that what they are saying is wrong and could end in a punishment. I'd then ****yze the situation as to why they think that way about me and I'd try to talk it over with them to come to an agreement to hear their side of the story and better my behavior if they can justify the reason for their insults. If they proceeded to speak rudely, I'd simply give them detention where they'd be given an appropriate punishment hopefully teaching them that what they did was wrong. If this cursing escalated into something much more serious, they would be reported to the principal, and possibly suspended, or if they were in college, given a strike or simply kicked out of college.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:
I'd begin by ****yzing the job given to make sure that it was doable without needing appropriate help. If it was too hazardous, I would refuse to do it as the school shouldn't have set it in the first place. It's their job to keep the staff safe and it's the staff's job to keep the students safe. If the job was achievable with only a small risk of harm, then I'd do it with no complaints, of course being careful of the hazards, taking proper precautions.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?:
I'd simply tell them to stop as it's not only putting themselves and others at risk. They are also setting a bad example for the youth. I would remind them of the consequences of their actions if they proceeded. If they continued or not, I would still alert a higher up since they still acted irrationally, it could easily happen again and it's better to be safe than sorry. If such behavior continued it would only but endanger themselves and possibly other students which is not at all okay.

[IC section]

Applicant Name: Lavinia Anacleti

Chosen Job: I am applying for the role of a Teaching Assistant

The motivation for Joining KHS:
I'd like to be a part of this community as I have already made many relationships amongst the school students and staff. I'd like to give the students of Karakura the best learning experience they can get so they can look back on their time at the school with good memories. I, myself once attended Karakura High school and found that my experience there was one of my fondest memories in life. I want to enable others to feel the same way that I do about the school and my youthful years.

Age (Minimum age is 25): 25 years of age.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I would not like to say that I should be accepted over other applicants as I believe if they get this position then they deserved it, but I do have a few helpful personality traits. I enjoy socializing and I want the students to receive the best education they can get and I feel as if I could help make that possible. I also think that my calm nature could bring something new to the classroom, maybe setting a comfortable, less tense atmosphere. I have also befriended many staff and students which could set a pleasant environment. I can hold a friendly and professional manner within school grounds, as well as outside.

Thank you for considering my application.

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
ACCEPTED
- Wonderfully detailed application,
- Thank you for applying!
- DM Sun#0040 on Discord for further information.

Users who are viewing this thread