lunately
lunately
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: BLOODGUILTS

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): matsu#3633

What is your timezone?: BST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I understand to the fullest that if I am inactive then my position will be revoked, I assure you this will not happen, as evident with my playtime on my main account valencias, which is around 100 days (2400 Hours).

Describe your activity on the server:
Most days I am fairly active, spending around 4-6 hours a day on the server, although I don't usually roleplay with others on the server.

Do you have any previous bans?:
I have three on my main account, two were mostly false bans, the first being for bypassing, and the other being purely accidental, the third being for FailRP which was nearly a year ago and can assure you I have learnt from that mistake.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
One of my out of character motivations for applying to become a teacher was because I wanted to get involved with Roleplay more as mentioned before, I don't really roleplay on the server that much. Another reason for applying to become a teacher OOCly was because I want to experience a new and different type of Roleplay than usual. My final motivation for applying to become a teacher is that I just love History, my love for History just makes me want to teach it to other people.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher Class Logs are logs that record the amount of classes Teachers have given, they have to take a screenshot at the start of each lesson and at the end of each lesson then place said screenshots in a channel. This is an important procedure because it helps define what will become of their pay at the end of the month, but it also helps ensure that said Teacher is active.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
To start, I would need an idea, before setting the field trip, I would start to make the range of topics I teach slightly wider for a brief period of time, then, I would ask at the end of each topic on a scale of 1-5 how much the students enjoyed it, it would work by my character gathering a register, and reading each students name out, as each students name is read out, they would have to raise one hand, with and indication using their fingers, I would then record each number the students would give me, I'd add the total number up for each topic and the highest number would be the topic of the trip. When deciding where to go for the trip, I have to take into consideration 3 things, Fun, Money, Learning Value, I would start by searching for somewhere fun, for example if the topic was Ancient Rome, my first place to go would be an Interactive Museum, my reasoning for this is that it'd be fun for the students, it wouldn't cost much as it is a Museum, and it would have good learning value as it'd teach the students something they didn't already know hopefully.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
There are many strict rules for a Teacher when being in a class, the following I believe are the ones that need to be followed the most:
  • Keep all relationships outside of the classroom, this can easily disturb lessons
  • Keep your cool, this can disrupt and upset some students.
  • Students are not allowed to disrupt the class in any way, shape, or form, this can disturb others.
  • No Food or Drinks, the reasoning for this is because it is disrespectful to the teacher and will most likely make a mess.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been playing on SchoolRP for over two years now, I have had many roles on the server and have done many things, I have been involved in GangRP for quite a bit, I've been in three sports teams, these being, College Baseball and Basketball, and Highschool Track Team, I have also been involved in Roleplay outside of the server, involving myself in Discord Roleplay, here is an example written by me on my character Eichii Okamoto,
Eichii would stroll into Ground Gamma, a weary, tired expression plastered onto his face, he'd look to both sides of him, checking if there was anyone at the grounds, before taking his hands out of his pockets, rubbing them together momentarily as he once again scanned the Grounds for any rocks, before spotting one, as he slowly strolled towards the rock, he sniffled, scratching his neck slightly until he got to the rock, examining it. He'd stare at the rock momentarily, the rock would be around a meter wide and half a metre tall, Eichii would furrow his eyebrows, leaning over the rock, somewhat testing it's endurance before brushing his hand against the surface of the rock. The rock would feel extremely coarse, Eichii would stretch his arm before taking three steps back as he closed his left eye, raising his right arm, his hand would now be balled into a fist excluding his index finger, which would be pointing near the centre of the rock, he slowly raise his thumb, as the thumb raised to a near 90 degree angle, a small fireball would shoot out of the tip of Eichii's finger, as the fireball hurled towards the rock, a whistling sound echoed throughout the Ground, leaving even Eichii somewhat surprised as the fireball struck the rock, creating a small cloud of dust, slowly fading, revealing that a small chunk had been taken out of the rock.

Eichii would start to move closer to the rock, his eyes slightly widened as he started to cough momentarily due to the rubble that extruded from the rock, raising his hand in front of his eyes, attempting to prevent as much dust as possible from coming into contact with Eichii's eyes, as he started to brush his hand once again against the part of the rock he had blown away. Eichii started to flail his arms in an attempt to clear any excess dust that had been left lingering in the air, this time, Eichii pressed both of his index fingers against the other side of the rock, taking a slow breath in as he started to raise both of his thumbs, clenching his eyes shut, this time, a whistling sound was absent, instead a large sound that sounded somewhat similar to an explosion, paired with an actual explosion to go along with it, the explosion was at somewhat of a small size, around 1/4 of Eichii's body mass, along with the whistle being absent, the dust was absent, Eichii opened his right eye to see that half of the rock had been completely obliterated, he stepped back slightly, shocked at the power as he sat down on top of a nearby rock, sighing slightly as he waited for the fireballs to regenerate. Eichii rubbed his hands as he waited for the fireballs to regenerate, coughing twice before exclaiming, "Jesus christ I didn't even think I could do that."

Eichii would get up from the rock after sitting on it for around 20 minutes, gathering some of the smaller rocks that had appeared as an aftermath of his first shot, and piling them up next to the rock that he had sat on, amounting to around 10 small rocks, he'd pick up one of the rocks, swinging his right arm back and forwards as he held it, eventually throwing it up in the air , it would reach around 5 metres in the air, half way up, Eichii aimed his index finger at the rock, quickly raising his thumb, letting off a fireball that would once again produce a whistling sound that echoed throughout the grounds, the shot would sc**** the small rock, taking off a small proportion of it, Eichii would sigh as it plummeted to the ground, slowly turning, unsatisfied as he walked out of the Grounds.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: HD stands for Head of Department, the person in this role is in charge of the department they are situated to, one of the things they are responsible for is to be a fairly strong leader and representative of the department. Another thing the Head of Department is in charge of is to train the Newer Teachers, helping them understand how the department works.

- QTLS: QTLS stands for Qualified Teacher in Learning and Skills, this is the rank below the HD, although they do not have much power, they stand above the lower rank due to the fact that they are allowed to teach according to a set period of time which is discussed usually in the teachers lounge or upon becoming a QTLS.

- NQT: NQT stands for Newly Qualified Teacher, these are teachers that have been newly employed to the job, they are usually trained by the HD or another member of the SLT, these Teachers usually don't teach, but instead watch others teach, these usually being the HD.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
My knowledge of Teachers in-game is that they are usually paid around 300 thousand yen assuming they have completed their 15 lessons a month, most teachers have a set timetable indicating when and when they can't teach their lessons. Their lessons usually consist of them speaking and the students writing, although this cannot be said for all teachers, some Drama teachers on the server and many other teachers make their lessons a bit more fun for the students, getting them involved with the lesson, an example of this could be a lesson on the American Civil War. There aren't many differences in the way that Teachers on the server and in real life teach, apart from they don't get paid the same and have to teach for all periods, they also don't get paid under the same conditions, and they usually don't get students involved the way some teachers do on the server.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server due to the fact that without Teachers, then the name SchoolRP would be pointless, there'd be no point being a student, you might as well call the server CityRP if you don't have any teachers, my point is, they're important because they're fundamental to the point of the server.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
I feel that the server follows the MoSCoW Method, this stands for Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won’t Have this time, this method prioritises what needs to be done.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Sharquay is a 5"9 male with fairly dark brown hair, his hair would flow down the side of his face naturally, he'd have somewhat pale skin and his jawline would be slightly chiselled, but not enough for someone to notice at first sight, his eyes would be fairly dark and he would hold a somewhat monotone expression on his face at all time, when approached, he'd usually offer the person a fist-bump, usually calming them as they got to know him. He sees his students as little brothers, he treats them like Adults, but when they misbehave, he starts to treat them more like an annoying little cousin, he's slightly condescending to them. His aspiration as a History Teacher is to get kids to enjoy going to school, through his calm demeaner and wordplay.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
My character at first would approach them in a calm manner, with his hands in his hoodie pockets and ask them to stop politely, if they refuse to do that in a violent manner, for example, threats, then I'd start to threaten them with the Principal, if they still refuse, I'd force them to come with my character, and straight to the Principals office, once at the office, I would explain the situation to the Principal, leaving them to sort the students out.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If no one in my class is listening to what I have to say, I would stop the lesson, asking the class if they want to make the lesson more fun, then presenting that if they want the lesson to become more interesting through active procedures, then they have to listen.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
In the teachers lounge Sharquay is a relaxed guy as usual, he is very open to all of the other staff members and treats them how he would treat anyone else in the school, he is usually seen sat down on the couch with a cup of coffee in his hand. If approached while in the lounge, he is most likely to place his coffee down on a table and stand up, greeting the person approaching him with a smile.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Sharquay would flip the chalk as it flew through the air slightly, before falling back into his fingers, as he pressed the chalk against the board, he placed his left hand in his pocket, looking back every now and then as he did this to ensure that the class behaved

/me Sharquay would smile slightly, leaning on his desk, resting both of his elbows on the desk as he listened for the student to answer, raising an eyebrow slightly as he did to show interest in what the student had to say.

/me Sharquay would slowly place his hands into his hoodie pockets as he strolled down the hallway, hanging his head slightly as a monotone expression sat on his face

/me Sharquay would walk into the classroom with a fairly large smile on his face as he looked around to the now neat classroom, as he strolled up to the front of the classroom and to his desk, he took a glance around the classroom, ensuring that it had been left how he left it.

Backstory
Sharquay was born on the 21st of May 2002, in St. Alan's Hospital near Liverpool, he was born late due to complications involving his mother. During the days that his mother had to stay in the hospital, she thought of what she would name the child, but she didn't just think of that, she thought of where the baby would sleep and many other important questions about babies. After a small time of thinking, she realised what she could name the baby, she could name him Sharquay , it was a painfully obvious choice, it was exotic, unique and sounded pretty cool.
The house that Sharquay lived in for most of his life would be a small house in a field, his parents were slightly rich, but not really rich, they were more Middle Class than rich, in the house was the following: A small hallway which would greet you once you entered the house, the hallway was lined with dark floorboards which appeared to be made out of wood, it was apparent because of the pattern, the walls were covered in a beige paint with a few paintings by unknown artists on the wall, as you turned left, you would see a fairly large living room with blood red carpet and a silver rug that laid near the electronic fire which would be covered with what appeared extremely clean glass, there would be two sofas that would look like something straight out of an advert due to the fact that they looked extremely fashionable and modern, they were grey and fluffy, near the wall that separated the house from the outside sat a fairly large television, although it was somewhat clunky, it was still a nice television, there was also a stairwell, covered in fur, once you went up the stairwell, you would be greeted with a door to a room, the small hallway that led to this door was covered in mostly white, the floor was slightly brown, and the walls were painted completely white. As you opened the door, you would be greeted with a somewhat mediocre room, it had a surprisingly large bed, the pillows were white and the bedding appeared to be a plain shade of blue, the floor was covered in a dark green carpet, the carpet once you stepped on it would be fairly rough, although it wouldn't be painful to walk on, there was also a light brown shelf that sat neatly on the wall which would be covered in blue paint, on the shelf sat a lot of school books.

Sharquay's love for History first started when he started Elementary School. On the first day of Elementary School, he strolled into the school, with his hands in his pockets, he wore a Blue Hoodie and Black Jeans, he wasn't able to make any friends due to the fact that he lived away from everyone else in the city. The first few lessons were mediocre and boring, this lowered his expectations quite a bit. This was until he got into his History lesson, the teacher was a 5"9 male, he was balding, had a grey beard, and was somewhat fat, Sharquay rolled his eyes as he walked into the class, slumping down on his chair as he rested his cheek on his hand. This continued until the male at the front of the class started speaking. Sharquay raised his cheek off of his hand, his eyes widened slightly as he started listening to the Teacher, it was the first time he started listening in class, as he was a somewhat troubled child. This experience drove Sharquay to study History at a higher level, some of his favourite topics were: Greek Mythology, History of Medicine, Elizabeth I. Sharquay eventually got to University at the early age of 22, it came to a narrow decision, but due to the fact that he wanted to leave University as early as possible, he chose Medical History as a Major, due to the fact that his mother was a Nurse.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name:
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr Sharquay Manning
Given Name(s): Sharquay
Preferred Name:
Sharquay

Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: British
Current Location: Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 2

Academic Degree: Master's Degree
Year of Graduation: 2020
Major(s): 1 in Medical History
Minors: N/A

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.
Preferred Teaching Subject: History

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of History Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

- Minimum age for Highschool Teacher is now 27.

Users who are viewing this thread