nebulosi

Level 15
fortitudo
fortitudo
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?

bownezy

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?)
bonezy#0777

What is your time zone?
EST

Describe your activity on the server:
On a scale of 1-10, I would currently rate it at an 8.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?)
N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?
Yes, I understand.

What School Employee Role are you switching to?
Counselor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The job of a Counselor is to act as a person of guidance in a student's life, being able to provide assistance in one's academic life, such as time management when it comes to getting assignments done in a timely manner or adapting a learning style that they can apply to their work during class, and give advice when it comes to their future career path or their mental health. This can include sitting a student down for a session to talk about things they may be going through, working towards a better state of mind, coaching for different career options if their current path doesn't seem to be working out and so on. Counselors are a staple in relation to the well-being of students within the education system.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?
Generally, I've been roleplaying on and off for the last seven years; On SRP, I've been roleplaying on the server for roughly five years. I've been on both cheer teams, and was the previous captain of the Spartan cheer team.
As of recent, I've been more involved with roleplay outside of those who have student accounts; I've been interacting with members of the hospital, made some new friends and engaged in some silly interactions between them on my character Horus. I've been locked, per se, to roleplaying within the same sort of community for a while, so exploring past that in order to encounter new things has also added on to my experience within SRP.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction, and what is your motivation for switching departments?
Purely for more roleplay experience that doesn't strictly involve breaking up fights or sitting in one spot for a lengthy amount of time. The Receptionist job can be fun to some, but for what I want to experience, hear, see or involve myself in whilst employed in this faction, I would prefer to have a job that would allow me to have a bit more freedom with my character. Having the Counselor role within the faction would allow me to have more engagements with the students as well; Being able to learn more about those characters to an extent and having Horus assist them in his own little way would be interesting to write out. This sounds like an exciting opportunity.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Build Team Appication [Accepted]
Tutor Application [Accepted]
Shrine Application [Accepted]
Shop Application [Denied]
Shop Application [Accepted]
School Employee Application [Accepted]
Media Team Application [Denied]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level)
Receptionist - bownezy
Grade-12 Cheerleader - fortitudo
Shopkeeper - boenezy

────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?

Horus would first tell the student to cut it out. If the student persists, he would ask if there was a larger problem at hand and try to find a way to resolve the issue. Of course, he would proceed to warn the student that disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated after the issue is sorted. In a more severe case, he would threaten to have the student(s) clean the toilets during Breaktime. Of course, this would only follow through after several verbal warnings. This is something that I've been doing recently (not for every interaction), and I believe it's been a good way to spark more roleplay between my character and the misbehaving students he encounters.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?
He would force himself in between the two students, pushing them apart to stop the fight. Horus would then give both students detention, threaten to clean the toilets during Breaktime or after school as previously stated, or guide them to the nurse's office if there were any serious injuries that needed immediate attention. If the situation as a whole couldn't be dealt with by himself, he would radio for another faculty member to come over for assistance.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?
He wouldn't confront the school employee directly. Instead, he'd contact any available or nearby SLT to handle the situation and not get himself involved any more than he'd need to, and take either a photo or video(s) of proof to forward to SLT. If he thought of it as something far more severe than something that could be handled by SLT alone, he would bring the recorded proof to the police.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
While in the break room, Horus wouldn't interact with his co-workers unless absolutely necessary. He wouldn't make eye-contact, and he typically wouldn't go out of his way to be the first to interact. Horus would keep to himself and remain silent during his time in the room, tending to his own needs and work. Though if he were to be spoken to, his co-workers may find him to be rude and/or disrespectful with the way he carries his speech.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me eyed the student awkwardly standing at the entrance to the Counselor's office. In a subtle, yet still noticeable move, he raised his hand to gesture towards the student and wordlessly requested that they step up to his desk. "You can come in and take a seat." After they had done so, Horus' hands folded over one another and his posture straightened in his seat. Rather than offering a smile, he softened his usual expression and gave a curt nod before following up with a whisper; 'Are you alright? Is there something I can help you with today?'

/me stepped up to the students causing the commotion. Upon glancing around, he'd notice the crowd that the scene has brought. "Back away from them," he instructed. Moving closer towards the students practically mid-brawl, Horus extended his arms to act as a barrier, and without touching either one with force, he spoke in a stern tone of voice. "Separate." As they'd done what they were told, he'd look at both of them for any potential bruises or serious injuries. Upon further inspection, he ushered the two to the nurse's office.

/me entered the room with his hands glued to his sides, a stiff stature and a watchful eye. He scanned the area in front of him and the space his peers happened to be taking up in the moment before stepping deeper into the break room. Horus' heavy steps carried the individual over towards the unoccupied couch, sitting himself down on the cushions with poise. From then on, his focus was pinned on the device in his pocket - Being, of course, his smartphone.

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Horus Abaza

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr. or Mx.

Preferred Name:
Horus

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Marital Status:
Unmarried

Academic Degree:
Masters

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Psychology

Minors:
Communications, Literature

Nationality:
Egyptian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

Native Language:
Arabic

Other Languages:
Japanese, English

Backstory
Born in the surrounding outskirts of Mansoura, Egypt, Horus Abaza was raised in what would be considered one of those "rich kid" households. Happy parents with a surplus of money, a few pets here and there between the years and an only child. He was privileged; In his elementary years, no matter the outcome of his grades he got anything he wanted. With this treatment from his family in his crucial years of development, this caused him to grow into a greedy, ungrateful individual. He carries a narcissistic and pragmatic attitude, allowing little to no room for a rebuttal from those around him.
In more recent times through his highschool experience, Horus was a bit more intense than your usual delinquent. He stole from students, faculty, hell- even the lunch lady. There were countless calls for him to go to the front office. Countless parent-teacher conferences. Countless emails and phone calls to his parents about his behavior when he refused to return his referrals. It didn't take long at all for him to be expelled - But it didn't take long for his parents to pay their way to get Horus' re-enrollment. His parents hoped that taking away things like his smartphone and various other prized possessions would've set him right. It didn't. Though for his last year of highschool, his behavior grew to be less severe. Even so, he was cut off from his family on graduation day. He came home to a crude note and all of his belongings stuffed into shabby, worn-out cardboard boxes. Horus was being sent off to distant relatives from his father's side in Japan.
Upon his arrival, he was pressured into applying for a college of any choice. Rather than doing the necessary research, he decided to apply for any and all that he could find out about from a few quick searches. Of course, given his past record… only a small handful responded with acceptance letters or emails. He decided to enroll at Karakura College, and his temporary guardians gave him the freedom of picking his own major. He worked himself towards a Masters, graduating with a degree in Psychology.
Luckily, during his time in Karakura he hadn't gone out of his way to cause any trouble. He was a completely average student with average grades, performance and behavior. Surrounding himself with a completely new group of people was nerve wracking for him, and he hoped to never act in a way that would regain the same reputation he held back at home. Horus even wanted to step out farther than his small comfort zone and aspired to be employed at the school once he was done with his education.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I'd love to have the opportunity to work with the younger adults that are currently learning here, and to have a more hands-on experience in the school environment in my faculty position. After obtaining my Masters, it's been a goal of mine to be able to work for KHS simply because of how much I enjoyed my time here.
I also want the chance to have a hand in keeping the environment safe for students. I used to be reckless in my academic years, and it would definitely be more than a pain to see a repeat of that behavior.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?
I'm a wonderful asset to have on your team. I'm professional when necessary, and cut-throat when a situation appears to be out of control. I've proven to both myself and my peers in the past that I can be punctual when it comes to completing tasks and other responsibilities that my job may ask or demand for, whether it has been at the desk or something small during a meeting. Through seeing other faculty handle their jobs and familiarizing myself with the school's rules, I know what's expected of me as a member of faculty and what's expected of the student, meaning I will have no trouble whatsoever calling out bad behavior or general misdemeanor.

────────────​

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Denied

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for this position! But compared to the other applicants, unfortunately, I've chosen to deny this application.

Users who are viewing this thread