BradyGoneBad Application

Brady

Level 7
OOC QUESTIONS

IGN:
BradyGoneBad

DISCORD TAG:
kingB#0001

Do you have a microphone and would you be able to joins discord calls when needed?:

Yes I have a mic, and can call whenever needed.

Do you plan to be present for our events and everyday activities?:

Yes, Im online all the time and I am dedicated to this job!

Are you prepared to learn about Shintoisme?:

Yes, I want to expand my knowledge of Shintoism and have a good attitude and mind set during the learning processes.

What do you know of Shintoisme?:
I know many things, I know how you do each ritual and I know what mindset I need to be in to complete the rituals efficiently. I also want to grow my knowledge and learn new things as we go but I feel that I have a good starting ground on how to be a priest, I also know it will help with my RolePlay and many different things down the road.

What are you applying for

Shinto priest

Why are you applying for this role?:

I am applying for this role because, I want to try new things within SchoolRP and see different versions of my character and put my character in many RolePlay situations other than the ones I have been doing. I want my character to become religious and very respectful, I believe having this role would be a honor.

Do you understand that you may be removed if you break our rule or server rules?:

Yes i fully understand, that's why i won't let you down!

What are your expectations from the shrine?:

I want to better my knowledge of japanese religion and other things as well, I want to experience new things within it and have a good mindset while doing it.

IC INFORMATION

What is your character’s name?:

Brady B. Holland

What is your age?:

Why are you applying to work at this monastery?:

I have a couple reasons, I want to try new things and take the next step with religion, I have dedicated a lot of time to this and I'm ready to move forward and start a new stage in my life. I also want to teach my kids about it and lead them down the right path.

Do you plan to be devoted?:

Yes, I will have a very loving and loyal attitude while on the shrine grounds.

What is your background?:

Brady was born in Sweden before he moved to Karakura, his childhood was rough because he had no father figure in his life. His dad passed away before he was even born so Brady had to be without a father but he had his mom by his side. However, Brady’s mom tried to keep his fathers passing a secret, she kept on telling him they got a divorce instead to save him from being in pain. Even with the secrets, she promised that she would give Brady an amazing and loving life. She got all of her husband's money and she began to work as well just in case. They were rich already but she wanted to continue to work to support Brady. As Brady grew up and went to school, he was always outgoing; never shy one bit. He loved to have that extra company by his side and had very supportive friends. When he reached middle school when he was 10, there was something wrong. He started to realize that if his parents divorced he would be able to see his dad every now and again. He knew he had to ask his mom for the truth, when he got home one day from school he decided to have a talk with her about it. It was a serious talk, his mom seemed speechless but she knew she had to tell Brady the truth. Once Brady heard that his father passed away he was devastated and began to break down in tears in front of his mom. He couldn’t believe that all of his life he had been lied to. He ran upstairs to his room and locked himself there for a couple hours. Brady ended up calming himself eventually, he knew he was strong and brave so he went back down stairs after a while. He gave his mom a big hug and understood why she kept it a secret, to prevent him thinking that life is actually so short and anything can happen. All she wanted was for her kid to grow up in a non-depressing world and to experience the good side of it.

A couple years passed and this event made her and Brady very close, they bonded and loved each other like any other family. He couldn’t do anything without his mom by his side, well besides going to school, otherwise they were just unbreakable. However, around the age of 12 the unexpected and the unthinkable happened, there was a break in at their house one night. The robbers weren’t there for anything but the valuables, they knew to go for jewelry. As one of the guys walked passed Brady’s room with his door closed, he thought it was his mom and didn’t expect anything. The second guy passed his room, he felt like something was wrong, there was no other family in their house just him and his mom at the time. Brady decided to open his door and checked if his mom was okay, as he peered around the corner to his mom’s room he saw only but horror. His mom was kicking and screaming but her screaming was muffled cause the robbers had a pillow over her head. She had a phone in her hand, looking like she was about to call the cops but she was too late. Brady was peering around the door the whole time while the two people were doing this to his own mom, at one point he took a step closer to them but immediately stepped back quietly. He wanted to fight them so badly to save his mom, the one person he had left in his life that loved him but he knew they were stronger.

He went back to his bedroom and hid under his covers shaking in fear as the now murderers left the house after killing his mom in front of him. Brady, crying heavily in his pillow, body shaking in fear and thinking about what he just witnessed was sick to his stomach and for the first time was alone. He spent the whole night in tears on and off, having mixed feelings, being lost and confused. Most of all, the guilt was setting in, he felt like he could have stopped them but he was only 12 and never thought this would ever happen. He had no preparation whatsoever, his mom never taught him how to defend or fight. The next morning came, Brady called his uncle who lived in the town Karakura in Japan. Over the phone his uncle could hardly understand Brady because of how emotionally and fast he was talking. He knew something bad had just happened so he ordered a flight for him to take from Sweden to Karakura during the week. When he flew down his uncle was standing right there waiting for him, Brady ran to him so fast, hugging him tightly, crying on his shoulder. He could even speak. He just broke down in tears again cause that is all he could do, he just lost both of his parents at such a young age, no teenager or anyone should have to go through this at his age. His uncle took his hand and walked him to his car, both of them feeling depressed and confused.

They drove off to his apartment, Brady’s uncle gave him a nice room and said, “Whatever is here is yours forever, this is your home now and I love you.” Brady didn’t even smile when he said this, he just looked at him, thinking about what he witnessed with his mom, he was petrified. Years passed and Brady is now 18, once he turned 18 his parents money was passed to him through their will and testament. However, Brady knew money wouldn’t bring back happiness or his parents, they were gone permanently and nothing could ever change that. Between the ages of 12 and 18, living in Karakura had its ups and downs, Brady has learned to be a very hard worker, down to earth, trustworthy and most importantly to be truthful with people. He has gained so many new friends in Karakura, people who are by his side 24/7, including his uncle. Now Brady has a girlfriend who he loves with all his heart, he loves her more than anything and would never trade her away for a single person. His parents would have been so proud of how much he has changed and grown. Brady has been through ups and downs but right now everything is looking up for him and his life. He wishes that his parents could have been here to guide him more but unfortunately life was just unfair to him. Brady took all of his feelings and all emotions and turned to religion as a way to cope with his anger and other feelings he had inside of him.

Write a letter to the shrine lead:

To the shrine lead,

I am writing this letter to you because I've gained interest in working as a priest at Karakura Monastery. I have been practicing Shintoisme since i was very young since my parents were religious and wanted me to become a priest when i grow older. I have two kids and I'm teaching them Shintoisme as well. It's a family tradition to teach your kids Shintoisme. I've been practicing every day, I want to become a priest so i could help people. I want people to come to me and think of me as if I'm helping them and it's their safe place to go to when they don't have anywhere else to go to. There have been some people in Karakura that need a bit of guidance and peace and I'm here to do that and to help them get through it. I feel like I'd be a great priest and I'd love to get that experience of being a priest in Naminoue Shrine in Okinawa. I will be patient with everyone, I've had many siblings and two children so I know how to deal with situations and I would be a great priest, thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

Brady Holland

SITUATIONS

How do you cleanse before entering the shrine?:

Brady would take a wooden dipper in his right hand and scoop up some clean water, then he would pour water on his left hand and wash it carefully, Brady would then move the dipper to his left hand before washing his right hand. Brady would move the dipper back to his right hand then he would wash out his mouth taking small portions of water with his left hand, Brady would then take the dipper and wash the handle of it, making it clean for the next person, lastly he'd then rest the dipper back on the basin with the scoop side down.

How do you pray to a Kami?:

First, you must greet Kami by bowing down 2 times, Bend slowly and deliberately keeping your back straight. Then, clap your hands 2 times to express your appreciation to the Kami-sama, Your hands should be raised about chest high and should open about shoulder width apart as you clap.

How do you enter shrine grounds?:

Before entering at the gate to the shrine grounds, bow respectfully once. This is the way of greeting the guardian deities of the shrine and asking permission to enter. When proceeding towards the main shrine after the torii, be sure not to walk in the middle of the path, which is reserved for the guardian deities.

How would you proceed with a ritual to offer the kami offerings?:

Brady would give rice or some kind of wine. If different, there could always be a meal with groups and music to honor Kami.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoisme, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

Brady would show the Male/Female about the basics like how to enter the shrine, How to use a dipper or pray. And show them with objects and actions.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

Brady would start off by telling them to bring their child to the shrine on the thirty second day when the child is born and it is a Male, If it is a female you would bring the child on the thirty thirty third day, So Kami can protect them.

You notice a ritual as not been done. What do you do?:

Brady would let the person know to do the ritual correctly for the tradition, because it would be uncivil to disregard something that has been done for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread