mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

BramvanZijp's KPD Officer Application

BramvanZijp

Level 10
BramvanZijp's KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
The account I am applying for KPD on is BramvanZijp, currently being [Adult] aged 25 (Obtained after resigning as KPD). However, I do also have 2 alternate accounts, those being BramvanZijp2 as [Dog] (Previously [Police-Dog] untill this role was removed.) and BramvanZijp3 as [Adult]. (Obtained after resigning as EMS)

Discord Name & Tag: My discord name and discriminator is BramvanZijp#2468 (Discriminator may change if I end my nitro subscription, however I do not intend to do so.) Additionally, my discord ID is 295499594756784128.

Previous bans: While technically I have one ban, I am not sure if it really counts, let me explain. During my previous time as KPD I was allowed to buy a police drone custom for my BramvanZijp3 account, which after I paid for would be set up. During this setup period this account was banned to avoid any interferance during this setup period. However, I was put on a bypass list, allowing me to utilize my BramvanZijp and BramvanZijp2 accounts freely without being in violation of the rules. This ban was lifted after it was decided that the [Police-Drone] rank would not be added, while I did not get my money returned, I am not going to be listing that whole story within this application as this is simply not relevant.

Describe your activity on the server: My activity on the server recently has not been too high, however this is mainly due to the fact that barring running around aimlessly hoping to run into an interesting roleplay scenario, there has been little to nothing for me to do on the server, something I hope to change by joining the KPD. However, back when I was in the KPD several years ago, I would spend atleast several hours every day on the server, something I fully intend to repeat should I be accepted back into the KPD.

Which timezone are you in? My current timezone is CEST (Central European Summer Time), however this will at times be CET [Central European Time] as a result of summer time.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications: While I will try to list as many of my previous applications here as possible, my memory does not flawlessly go back over four years, as such I would be surprised if I remember all of them. The list of the ones I do remember is as follows: (Order may not be correct)
- Shop Owner Application for 7/11 (Denied) [BramvanZijp]
- Shop Owner Application for 7/11 (Denied) [BramvanZijp]
- KPD Application (Denied) [BramvanZijp]
- KPD Application (Denied) [BramvanZijp]
- KPD Application (Accepted) [BramvanZijp] {Resigned 2 days short of a year of service.}
- Dutch Language Application (Denied) [BramvanZijp]
- Dutch Language Application (Denied) [BramvanZijp]
- Dutch Language Application (Accepted) [BramvanZijp]
- Hospital Vet Application (Accepted) [BramvanZijp3] {Resigned at the same time I resigned from KPD}
- KBM Application (Denied) [BramvanZijp]
- KPD Application (Accepted) [BramvanZijp] {Resigned less then a week after being accepted due to some issues with at the time police commissioner Looper}
- Service Dog Application (Denied) [BramvanZijp2]
- Service Dog Application (Accepted) [BramvanZijp2]
Again, apologies if I forgot any, I will edit the application to fill in missing details if any come up.

What is your motivation for applying?: Right, I am not going to try to be subtle about this: For me there is very little to do on SRP, as specified in the question regarding my activity. At that point it becomes hard to play often, in my case resulting in several breaks from SRP. But then I thought back to my time within the KPD, and started to miss all the fun and less fun times I had within the force. Ranging from having to log off in the middle of a violent riot due to my timezone, to dying a lot because I patrolled alone (No other officers online in my timezone) to the adrenaline filled pursuits, to the unpredictibility of having a calm patrol be turned into an assasination attempt, or a transport of a prisoner to the hospital becoming a severe ambush, or an investigation into people in kazekage uniforms with a fellow officer turning into a scene you could put directly into a movie where kage members ambushed from all sides, with us trying to hold them off with glock fire as long as possible, but eventually getting stabbed. Or what about the time when my K9 account was just chilling in the cell block (Where it would spend its time when not in use, AKA 99% of its time as K9) but then caught a group of Kazekage members trying to break into the station from the roof, catching them by surprise both ICly and OOCly (Animals at the time did not have a nametag unless your cursor was directly ontop of the animal in which case it displayed the animal accounts IGN) before giving a warning to the several officers downstairs, trying to then stall by running around at high speeds, before eventually being knocked out, however at that point several officers were marching up the stairs glocks in hand in a scene that could again be put directly into a movie, with a massive amount of bullets wounds being the end result for the criminals. Point is, I have a lot of fun and exciting memories from my time as KPD, and while I know most of the examples above are either unlikely or impossible to be repeated due to changes over the years, I would love to make new memories. And since I actually see officers online and active in my timezone, this may also allow me to make some new friends within the community.
Also, the previously mentioned unpredictibility and adrenaline rush can be a lot of fun, and makes the position interesting and makes it hard to get bored of. Long story short, I miss KPD, and I want to return.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work? I was a member of the KPD for almost a year a while back, and while a lot of things have most likely changed in the time inbetween now and back then, I feel like I still have at the very least decent knowledge of how the police works, especially within SRP. Especially considering I helped come up with some of the rules, guidelines, etc. of KPD back then. Including the radio format we used in /call 110 (We didnt have the luxury of unique radios back then, so when /call 110 called all officers rather then just the commissioner, I made sure we would take full advantage of that), usage of radio codes (Such as 10-4, 11-99, etc.) the o'clock system, the system for car crimes, and more. Long story short I should at the very least know a decent amount, and what I do not know I intend to learn.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP? Even though gangrp seems to be taking a huge dive due to some recent changes, KPD is still not an optional part of the system. Crimes do still happen, and the only thing protecting innocent civillians (Not talking about the criminals who can protect themselves from other criminals some of the time) from gangs, criminals, etc. is the KPD. Without it the server would turn into anarchy/chaos, where the strongest gang would pretty much be able to rule uncontested. In general the police department is neccesary for SRP to work, arguably just as neccesary as roles like teacher.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time? I fully understand and accept that the KPD Higher-Ups have the right to demote or fire me at any time for any reason, however I will try my absolute best to not give them any reason why they should.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role? Yes, as stated previously, to say I was active as KPD back when I was a member of the force would be an understatement, and I will make sure to show a simular level of dedication if accepted again.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished? I am aware of this, and barring OOC issues, which would take priority, I will do my best to attend trainings whenever possible.

Additional Notes? (This is a question I am adding myself to fill in any information I feel like this be specified, but had no question for it)
I have a functional microphone which I use often, and joined SRP around 2018 (I think, may also be 2017.)
Any edits/changes made to the application will be listed here aswell:
- Slight addition to the motivation for applying.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
My characters full name is Frank Herman

Character's age (if accepted): I would like my age to become 27 if accepted. (Currently 25.)

Character's gender & pronouns: Male, with the standard pronouns for that gender of He/Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
(DISCLAIMER: OOCly I have never been in college, though I assume this is a part of character backstory you can make up.)
He has completed college Masters, however frank did not get around to doing PhD.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese? Frank, coming from the Netherlands, speaks dutch fluently, having learned to speak japanese at a later date.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique? Frank Herman is a dutch male with a length of 6'3 and a weight of 164lbs. He has a somewhat but not overly so muscular build alongside a dutch accent. As stated in the question below he is very serious and professional about most if not all things, sometimes overly so, as such it is very rare to see him being more social then a situation requires.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation? There is very little diffrence between how Frank acts in professional and casual situations, as he has little sense of humor, and is very serious about most things, sometimes overly so. As such you will rarely see frank making or laughing at a joke, with him usually focussing on his work. As such even when off duty or on break, you will still see him trying to focus on work and duty, remaining serious and professional regardless.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork? While as described above he is not very social, that does not mean he is unable or unwilling to work with others. There are very little jobs you can work alone, and Frank is aware of this. Within the KPD it is extremely important to be able to trust and rely on your co-workers, and vice versa. As such he will work together with others to the best of his abilities, providing one of the few cases in which he does talk/socialize with others.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why? I would probably say leader, though obviously with the chain of command it is required to also be able to be a follower, so a bit of both. Frank is good at efficiently and effectively communicating with others, planning things out, and coordinating larger operations, however he can just as easily follow orders and plans. If he disagrees with one of these he will calmly state this and his proposed alternative, but would accept it if this course of action is rejected.

BACKSTORY (100+ words) Frank Herman was born and grew up in the Netherlands, completing most of his education there. He had intended to joint he Police Force in the netherlands from a young age, following the appropriate education. When this was completed however, he realised that he may not be needed in the Netherlands, as there would not be too much for him to do. As such he started researching crime rates and police forces all around the world. Eventually he stumbled upon an unusual spike in crime rates, in Karakura, Japan. After looking into this a lot more he decided that is where he would want to serve. As such Frank, after giving it some time to think about this fully went ahead with this plan. He learned the language, which took some time, before moving to an apartment there. During his stay there he witnessed several crimes, and even rushed someone tot the hospital shortly after that person was stabbed several times. He then went ahead and filled in his application to the Karakura Police Department and is presently awaiting his reply.

(NOTE: The rushing to hospital after stabbing part actually happened ICly after the victim had a run in with Triad, 6Pancake may remember this happening.)

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
No, pocket knives are illegal to carry/own, even within a house/apartment complex.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription Items on this list include: Paracetemol, Birth Control, Canes, Surgical Masks, Bandaids.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do? This would depend on my rank compared to theirs. If I am a higher rank then the officer(s) in question, I would take appropriate diciplinary action after ensuring they stop. If my rank is equal to or lower compared to at least one of the officers involved, I would still approach the officer(s) and ask them to stop, but instead of taking action myself, would inform any available higherups of the situation and conduct of my fellow officer(s), providing evidence as needed (I always record my gameplay and as such will have the required evidence.) After this I would make sure to treat the inmate, calling EMS if the situation requires it.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted? After calling for backup if needed, I would assist my co worker in subdueing the attacker(s), giving medical aid to my co-worker (or the attacker(s) after being restrained) if needed, before placing the attacker(s) under arrest for the appropriate charges.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations? I would immediately inform the higherups about this issue, while making no attempt to stop them myself unless told to do so by the higherups, as recklessly trying to intervene could give away that they have been exposed, making essential next steps such as a full investigation, collection of evidence, and eventually a successfull arrest much harder.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you? I would decline the bribe and give the criminal a fine for Attempted Bribery, if the criminal chooses not to pay this fine I would place them under arrest for failure to pay, or add it to their list of charges in the likely event they were already under arrest.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread