PREVIOUS BANS:
Spamming
Stealing a vehicle that I did not own

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
Yes

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
Shrine Maiden

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I would say that I am very active. I usually log on from about 6pm to 5am CST. There’s some day I am unable to get on, but I am usually free.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?
I don’t know that much, but I do spend a lot of time at the shrine, trying to learn more about it. I do know a handful of things like shintoism is a polytheistic religion. Polytheism, meaning that they believe in more than one god. It is also the Japanese devotion to beings and or powers, as in kami, shrines and different rituals. I would say that I am beyond prepared to learn more and more about this religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I would say that I am a very hard working, and dedicated person when it comes to things that I become interested in. I always jump at the chance to help someone, whether it’s when someone asks a question in OOC, or they walk up to me asking for help. I find it easy to use my words in any, and all situations to find a solution. I may not know much about shintoism, but I am beyond happy to learn more. Like I wrote before, I spend a lot of my time on SRP. . at the shrine. Learning new things, and getting different roleplay other than school, gangs, and shops. I have been through a lot in real life, so I am sure out of all the different things I have learned I could implement them into different situations that might occur here at the shrine. The more time at the shrine, I learn more and more.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:
Kaori Ushiro

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I am applying for the monastery, because I take my passion very seriously. One of my passions is my religion. I’ve spent almost all of my days in Karakura, up at the Monastery. I have notebooks, upon notebooks of all the different things I have learned throughout my days of visiting. Hoping if I get the spot, these notebooks would help the visitors along, learning different things I have in store for them.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
Shinsei Seinaru Monastery had started construction on June 6, 744. The construction finally finished in the late winter of 762. It originally served as a site for the Buddhist faith, during the Nara period by Emperor Genmei. Our loved Monastery was built before the rest of the civilization in the area was. It believed that it was built amongst all the nature in the forest mountainside of Mt. Daichi, because it was an isolative place, being more spiritual there not forgetting the height. . in which gets us closer to the heavens. It was also believed to be a place that many gods could visit. . though the grounds belong to one god, god of the mountain the Yama-No-Kami. Nearing the ninth century, buddhism and shintoism were combined into Ryobu Shinto. Buddhism, dominated Shinto by leagues. It would take until the eighteenth century until Shinto would revive into an important factor renewing the ancient cultural background it had once been. As the civilization slowly developed, the monastery would still be a popular place, for pilgrims and acolytes to visit. Getting near the modern age, mostly the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries the monastery would have lost the interest from the citizens. This was because of the majority of the nature in which surrounded the site being demolished for the town to grow. A thousand years later from the practice of Ryobu Shinto, one of the final priests had set the place to burn in flames. Nearly every structure had been burnt and lost, all but one. The one structure that made it had been the original shrine. This shrine specifically stands out as the highest structure, and closest to the Kami. This structure was built into the mountain to shelter the said Kami. The rumor still spreads that due to the fire, many goes that had previously resided here, had left. . leaving a singular god behind. The one god left, had become irritated, and angry that the shrine had been left ruined, slowly creating havoc over Karakura. . causing fierce storms as well as abnormal weather to reign over the town for weeks on end.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
I am Kaori Ushiro. . a small female, born and raised in Karakura, Japan. I grew up in the poorer side of the town, doing small things around peoples houses for any money I could get my hands on. Eventually enrolling into school, I was a troubled child. . I wasn't the brightest but the more I grew the smarter I became. Eventually become the top of my classes. Spending everyday after school, at the shrine. . Doing homework, studying the architecture, so on and so fourth. I graduated early, going on with my life. For a short while I had traveled to Italy, while there I found a small school. This school was dedicated to the Shinto religion. Spending a few years learning their point of view, I took my knowledge back home. To put the point of view on Shintoism they taught in Italy, and to put the ways I knew from here in Japan. . Realizing they were quite different. . yet so similar. Knowing all of these different things, I had gone to apply for my position here at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dead Monastery Lead,
I hope you are beyond wonderful. I’ve spent all my days in Karakura, cleaning up and spend my time here at your monastery. Learning all of its background, and learning all the different things maidens do daily. I have spoken to some of them, and they are all wonderful people. I would love to be able to join your team at the monastery. I already devote my days there, and I would love to call it my home. I have actually traveled to many different monastery’s outside of the country. . but none of them strike interest in me as much as yours does. I would love to help give advice to, and help with any issues that the young and old visitors may have. In school, I studied many different religions, and it would be my pleasure to teach others the things I know and learn. I hope you have a blessed day. I appreciate all you do for our shrine, monastery, and your staff members. Thank you for taking the time to consider me.

Much love and appreciation,
Kaori Ushiro

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?
The first step would be to wash your hands at the hand washing area, making sure to be pure and clean before entering.
The next step would be to go on, crossing the bridge entering the main area of the shrine.
After that, you may see a large passageway. This is called the Torii. Before passing under it, you always want to pay respects, bowing before it. You never want to run, or be in the middle of the pathways. Running may upset the gods, and the middle of the pathways is where the gods travel.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?
A ritual to a Kami is performed by pulling the rope that would be above you. This would ring the bell, telling the gods that you are there in hopes to make an offering. You would simply place the offering into the designated box (100 yen which is stated on the sign). You would bow twice, moving on to clap twice. While you end the second clap, you would keep your hands together. . praying. You do not have to say the prayer out loud, you may keep it to yourself if that’s what you choose. Once you finish the prayer, you bow once more.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
A Maiden does different things, like answering questions, running the gift shop, helping any festivals, keeping the grounds clean and organized, as well as other things.
A Priest would do things such as leading worship of the Kami, also making sure any worshipers, and the Kami keep a good relationship, as well as keeping the grounds clean and organized.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
If someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, they must keep a few things in mind. If it is a new born baby girl, the child needs to be thirty three months old. If their child is a newborn boy, the child would need to be thirty one months old. A priest or maiden will wish the child great health and happiness in their life. Praying upon the child, they would say the name of the baby, the names of the parents and their families address, as well as their child's birthday. After saying those things, the parents and grandparents of the child would come forward one by one, bowing to the altar, and would place tamagushis upon it.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
I would tell them a few different things, being. . Shintoism is a Japanese religion. Shinto meaning “the way of the gods.” Shintoism’s main belief is the Kami, the Kami can be different things like spiritual beings or powers. These beings or powers could also be rivers, trees and different natural things.. Shinto is a belief that there are many gods, too many just to pick a singular one. Going on to teach them the right way to respect a Kami while around it.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?
Kaori Ushiro would choose to worship the Yama-No-Kami.

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead
- - - -
The next time you are online on your Shrine account, send in a /help for your MAIDEN role : (Include your age in the ticket)
If no one is able to change your role at the current time ; Fill out a role request HERE and wait for a staff member to review your request

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread