Denied CandyIssues Lore Team Application

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
IGN:
CandyIssues

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
Problematic#6305

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I have a working microphone and can speak via discord

Your time zone and current country of residence:
I'm in the United States with EST

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
DENIED:
Event Team
ACCEPTED: Media Team

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I understand that I can be removed from the community team at any point in time after being accepted.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
A few things that I believe that will obstruct my progress on the Lore Team is school and work. Since I have a set schedule for work there will be some days that I will not be fully available as well as school being one of the biggest obstructs, but since it is also coming towards the end of the school year I feel as though I won't be completely unactive and will be able to manage time accordingly.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
What makes me passionate about writing? Well, I really enjoy the aspects of writing and I have been writing all sorts of pieces since I was young from novels, to short stories, to even some poetry. I love the idea of writing different stories and how much imagination and creativity you can put into each piece of writing. When I write I sometimes will even research different topics so that my stories are accurate as well as make sense and aren't just made up nonsense. My favorite type of writing has to be fiction, even though some people might say it's the easiest form of writing it really isn't. With fiction you might be able to create a whole different fairytale world, but within that world you must create every aspect of it from the type of plants and creatures it has to even the lore of how your fantasy world was created. Writing is a hobby that I plan on pursuing forever, I even want to become an author when I'm out of school and have even tried publishing some of my writings not that long ago.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes, I have many experiences of writing lore as well as creative writing. I write stories all the time as I had said previously and with each story that I write I always make sure to include lore for each character I create as well as making sure each new dimension or world I make up has its own lore as well. I have written scripts as well for cinematic minecraft roleplays where I have focused on the lore of how each story will work out and how each episode will run. I am always enrolling in a creative writing class next year to strengthen my writing skills and abilities.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
In my own words lore is a type of writing that is like a background of a person, a place, and even a item. Without lore you have very boring writings that don't lead to anything and you can't learn more from the story. Lore helps develop traditions as well as knowledge on different aspects in writing. Lore is the thing that holds all writings and stories together.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.​
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The court case between Myriad v. Popovich will be a case to always be remembered. It was a peaceful day in August, everyone was getting ready for the most famous court case to go on. Nicholei Popovich was suing Preston Herrington over the Myriad tower because Mr. Popovich believed that unlawful misconduct was happening within the tower. Over at the KPD all faculty were getting ready to attend the case, all believing that Mr. Herrington was innocent since he was their Commissioner of course. The event finally got closer, Preston and Nicholei both made their way to the town hall as everyone was standing outside waiting to go in.

As the doors finally opened everyone made their way to the court room. The innocent civilians of Karakura and all the members of the KPD, no expecting anything out of the ordinary. As the court began the judge explained how Nicholei was caught by Preston wielding a knife which Popovich claimed he has mistaken for a Myriad-brand microphone, but with that remark Herrington refuted and claimed that Popovich was elsewhere with the possession of the knife that was stained in dry blood... As the case continued, everyone was on the edges of their seats as the two men fought back and forth lie after lie, it seemed as if this case was going no where at all. It felt like hours until finally the judge slammed their gavel and dubbed Preston Herrington as...'guilty'.

At the words of guilty one of Preston's former colleague's came over to arrest the former Commissioner, but the arrest was cut short as Mr. Herrington withdrew a glock-17 pointing it directly at his colleague and Nicholei. The entire courtroom began to become chaotic, all the other KPD members in the audience tried to safely get everyone out of the building as fast as possible while other members went to try and stop Preston. While Popovich was held at gunpoint, he as well withdrew a newly obtained glock-17 and returned the favor to Herrington. Immediately all the injured were brought to the hospital to be treated, it was a long wait before an answer was given...
In the end of all this tragedy four were killed; Officers Trey Allemburg and Raleigh Delgado, alongside Preston Herrington and Nicholei Popovich. With all said and done, it is still uncertain if the KPD can still be trusted because after all they let a corrupt Commissioner run the station for so long.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The story of ghosts are so interesting as well as the origins of their story. One day a beautiful young lady about the age of 26 was strolling through the enchanting cherry blossom garden right by the Akhito Estate. It was nice breezy spring day, as the young woman walked over to the small pond sitting down and feeding the small koi that inhabited it. Nothing seem out of the ordinary at all, until a tall male walked up behind her casting a dark shadow into the pond.

The young woman looked behind her, staring up at the male "Oh hello there, can I help you with something?". The strange male didn't say much, but instead walked over to the other side of the pond taking a seat and just staring at the woman. The woman at this point felt very uncomfortable and decided to get up and walk over to one of the caves that are in the mountain and have a sit on one of the cushions and read a book she had brought with her. The book that she had brought was a book about the history of Karakura. As she was reading her book the man from before appeared over her again, as she caught eye contact with him she jumped with fear.

"Okay! Who are you...and why are you following me?" she asked the man with a louder tone in her voice now, but once again the male said nothing and this time he decided to walk out of the cave. The young lady felt extremely frightened at this point now and decided to climb all the way to the top of the mountain to hopefully get away from the creepy man that kept following her. As she made her way to top, she spotted the male on the bridge that led to the other side of the mountain. This time he had a sharp knife in his hand that seemed to have dried blood on it, the young woman screamed in horror as she began to run away from him. The creepy male moved with astonishing speed.

As the young woman made a sharp turn she tripped over a stick that was in her path falling to the ground. She winced in pain, before yelling for help...but it was too late the creepy male that had been chasing her caught up with her now. "What do you want from me!" she screamed at him, and this time the male smiled as he slowly walked closer to her "I just want to see what you see.." And with those final words the male took the knife to lady's face carving out her eyes...

That's the story of how the eyeless woman came to be. Some people say they can still hear her screaming at night in the garden, but again those are only rumors...or at least they hope.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
Unfortunately, we do not find you suitable due to your current history on the server.​

Users who are viewing this thread