Do you have a microphone?:
yes I do

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
BST (British standard)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand

Describe your activity on the server:
I am quite active on SRP, usually staying for multiple hours since I usually don't have anything to do, getting on pretty much every day

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I do not, though I have one 7 day warning for cosmetic abuse

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/cordy-french-app.49645/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.49891/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.49959/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-re-application.49994/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-re-application.50055/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/bethanys-hindi-application.50832/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mandarin-application-captyt3699.51684/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mooses-service-dog-application.52154/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/dmitris-russian-application.52267/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application-captyt3699.53621/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-re-application-captyt3699.53673/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/3rd-language-request.54466/#post-184144 [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.54590/#post-184516 [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-application.54530/#post-184503 [Accepted]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I am a 12th grader on the server currently with my main account.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

History

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I want to become a better roleplayer. After playing on this server for a couple of years I've seen many amazing things, watching teachers teach their favorite in real life subjects and talk to others inspires me to do it too. I've been part of the SRP community for only a small amount of time but it was enough since I love to see how the teachers deal with things, I would love to teach people history as I have always been in love with it in real life, mostly ancient Egypt but I have knowledge of other topics as well. I would like to think this is a big step in my journey to becoming an amazing roleplayer in this community. I would also love to see how others grow when they are motivated by people like the teachers, just like I have been for the last year or two. I plan to make every class fun for everyone, oocly, and icly.

The fact that the teachers in SRP have taught me so much more than I feel like teachers in real life have, I feel like it would be so cool for both me and everyone in the classroom (If I was to be accepted of course) to learn new things oocly and icly, I find learning very fun in my own opinion and I would love to share that fun with everyone if I can. If I am given the chance to I would be more than happy to share the love of learning to as many people as I can!
I have watched these teachers for as long as I've been on the server for, I very much enjoy the company of teachers icly and oocly. I would love to be part of this amazing opportunity and be one of those cool teachers if I can and if possible.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, this seems fair to me. I'll also add that training sounds like a ton of fun!

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs are used to log events in your class, this is to ensure you meet your quota for the month, as well as keeping track of information such as the extra classes you are allowed to do.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
These would be my rules in a classroom setting:

Rule 1: No food or drinks are allowed.
They can stop other students from focusing by distracting them, most likely with the sounds of crunching. This could also make an unnecessary mess which is then left for the janitors to clean up, if the messes were made during the morning then it would most likely eventually start to smell which is another distracting thing for students in later classes.

Rule 2: When you raise your hand, do not call out, keep it raised until you are called on.
This is important due to the fact that when the teacher is interrupted by students it could distract students from their learning or delay the lesson entirely, Students must raise their hand especially when the teacher is speaking to avoid punishment for both themselves and their fellow classmates.

Rule 3: Keep your hands and feet to yourself, Don't touch your classmates.
this should be an obvious one but it is again to stop students from being distracted during the lessons, it is also not appropriate to be doing such things during school hours and should be left until they have left school grounds at home time.

Rule 4: Anything said over controversial topics will just be information, Do not impose your ideas over those topics in the class.
This is to control any arguments that may happen over opinions students may have on touchy subjects which could distract the lesson, this is also to minimize any offensive talk during said topics.

Rule 5: Phones must be on silent and/or turned off.
This is another distraction rule, to keep from distracting other students from the lessons, all phones must be either turned off or switched on silent mode. you must also avoid answering any phone calls you may get unless you have had special permission from the teacher (Eg: family emergencies, illnesses, etc).

Rule 6: Keep from insulting students and/or the teacher(s).
It is rude to insult a person and this will not be tolerated during lessons, not only is it rude but such behavior could lead to a form of bullying, therefore it shall not be allowed.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've always loved role-playing, starting at a young age, I was using toys and such to do so. After I found that role-playing servers existed on games like Minecraft and Roblox, I began to role-play there, leading to where I am now on SRP.

Before SRP I would mainly be roleplaying on GTA5 with some friends on PlayStation until I eventually got a PC, there I went on a search for a Minecraft Roleplay server. Mainly taking inspiration from Aphmau's Roleplaying videos I searched for Minecraft School roleplay on Google and joined in summer of 2020.

When I started roleplaying on Roblox, it was school based during the year of 2013 I believe? it looked like it was an extremely cheap version of SchoolRP and I enjoyed it quite a bit. This gave me a small boost in my roleplaying experience unlike my GTARP days which gave me a much larger boost, starting in 2014-2015 and occasionally still using this game to roleplay on to this day, I have become way more confident with my roleplaying skills I believe... or at least I hope so.

In the year of 2020 I took a lot of time as a greenie learning the basics since I had not yet joined the Discord server, though I did join after the server advertised it to me where I would then read and learn the rules. I usually read the rules every month if I can so that they're fresh in my mind, I may have a slight addiction to SRP. I at first had only 1 character and only recently I had started making more until I have reached the large number of 18 characters, 2 of which are deceased but I love all of them dearly and equally, I try to put as much thought into my characters as possible so the only reason I have so many is because of the amount of inspiration I had. having so many characters increased my roleplaying variety and I was able to put many personalities into it.

I personally believe that all of the personalities I have played as has put a major boost in my roleplaying skills, creating a wide range of personalities with certain mental disorders as well, I have learnt over time to deeply study a mental and/or physical disorder before playing as someone with said disorder. I have had characters in which they share my mental disorder or a family member of mine's disorder, being mental or physical I make sure to study it to not only improve on my skills as a roleplayer but to also limit offending people if possible at all.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department makes decisions for the faculty who works in said department, for example, they may decide what they do during field trips and other such events. They are very experienced at running classrooms and working with teachers or students.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified teacher
↳ Description: This teacher has been through the proper training as well as a long time of experience in the actual classroom setting.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who had recently been through the proper training, yet is still new to actually teaching a proper class

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: This teacher has just gotten accepted into the school, they are still learning about how to act in the school as well as how to teach a proper class.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in SRP are usually ready to teach the students something new, they are always ready to take care of situations and issues the school has. The teachers on SRP try to understand everyone and help them grow oocly and only in an attempt to improve the server as a whole. They are a large part of this community, it's in the name even. Besides that, they can be seen doing a variety of activities, just like anyone else on SRP may do, it's probably important to note that they are also just people trying to have fun too. Teachers make a total of 350 thousand yen after completing the quota of 10 classes, on top of that, they can do an extra 5 classes for 50 thousand yen three times, adding it all up, teachers can make a maximum of 500 thousand yen every month.

In real life it is all quite similar though I don't think real life is secretly a server, though the differences in real life would be things like relationships with their students. growing up I had to be given a 1 to 1 teacher to help with my learning, the teachers at the school I went to in real life couldn't quite handle my mild autism and so they had to reserve an entire adult to teach me and me alone. Less about me, a teacher's job is more than just teaching, it is also maintaining the school's reputation as well as keeping their students as happy as they can make them. being a teacher takes a lot of patience since it's children you're dealing with, they must treat every situation as professionally as possible, maintaining a good working relationship with other teachers is also important, since this way it is much easier to get a helping hand if needed.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers, as I have stated before, are a big part of the SRP community, they are the ones that can influence a lot of the players. New and old players can all enjoy their classes in roleplay, sometimes even excited to go to one. When teachers on the server are fun and enjoyable it really wants to make people stay for longer on the server, it helps improve the quality and enjoyability of the server by quite a bit.

Obviously without a teacher what is School RP? teachers out of class time make it much more fun than if the server would of had bots, teachers are important since students then have an adult role model to connect to and possibly open up to if needed. Compared to a bot which is only limited to small conversation, a real person playing as the teacher is much more effective and enjoyable.
I for one have learned things from the teachers on the server in real life, when I first joined I did not expect this and so it made me enjoy learning and encouraged me to stay on the server which I am now addicted to, the teachers effect people in the server in positive ways such as with me I now spend hours every day on there, I obviously enjoy the company of teachers oocly as well since they are usually pretty chill and cool people, this inspires me to be one of those cool teacher role model people things.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
From taking a look at other applications for help, the school appears to run on a system called, "MoSCo" which seems to stand for, "Must have, should have, could have"

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Haru is a Polish girl with a barely noticeable accent, in fact if it wasn't for her European look you'd think she's native to Japan. she'd mostly be seen wearing masculine clothing which gave off an obvious tomboy look, refusing to wear anything that even resembled something feminine, some would think she is transgender, but no she is just a masculine person. She'd also have short light brown hair with a large strand on the side of her head which was dyed pink, she would very regularly get her hair trimmed since she hates the idea of long hair. Her eyes would be a mix of blue and green which gave an aqua look to it. Haru would wear her hat everywhere she went, she did this mostly because she would never really brush or comb her hair, and so the hat would cover this fact, no one would really notice what she had done that way. Her teeth are pretty white and well looked after but are slightly wonky which was not noticeable unless you had a close look with her mouth wide open which not many people would do anyway. She'd avoid certain colours in clothing that would resemble a feminine kind of style.

What makes her unique is the fact that she has had mental issues growing up, an anger issue and frequent quiet panic attacks from seeing dogs, she had to figure out how to deal with most of her problems herself when her dads weren't around to help her and she intends to pass her knowledge down whenever she can or is needed. The love she has for teaching others anything (not just history) combines with the fact of her past mental health effecting her, which has grown milder over time. She is a very kind individual but some would see her as intimidating, she doesn't mind this but would prefer if people were more comfortable around her. Her fear of dogs is insane, she doesn't like the sight of them and if they got too close to her there would be a risk of her having a panic attack. She understands that some students would need the guidance of a service dog and would allow this, but she would explain her fear to the students and kindly ask them to sit at the back, she hates to do this but she wouldn't really be a good teacher if she had a panic attack during lesson.

I can imagine that Haru would see all students as a person that is destined for greatness and just needs the guidance of a teacher, Haru would go out of her way to help a student in need and would do her best to make it fun for everyone when she can, helping the young teens towards adulthood she would try and connect and understand their feelings before helping them through anything she can assist with if possible. She would find time to express how proud she is with the students who seem to be doing well in her classes, and give them rewards for doing so. The students that don't do too well in class or struggle with certain subjects, she would attempt to find time to help them out or refer them to a tutor for a 1 to 1 lesson for improvements. The trouble students who always get detention, she just sees them as people who are calling out for help and she is more than willing to do so, she would find some time to try and get them to open up to her so that she could attempt to help them improve on themselves therefore helping them improve on their own studies.

She'd both respect and possibly befriend other teachers, I picture she'd admire them for their hard work and dedication. Haru would do her best to help them out when needed just like anyone else, she'd encourage exchanging advice and tips on teaching methods and other life happenings. Haru is a person who loves kids and would take any opportunity to care for and/or be around them, she has a temper on her but would never use it or take out her anger around or at children and other teachers, in fact she has learnt over time simple techniques to have dealt with this issue such as thinking happy thoughts, deep long breathing and leaving the area that had caused her anger, But mostly she would just rely on her medications. Haru would most likely ask advice from teachers and not just give it out, wanting to improve as much as she can so that she could help students using the help of her fellow teacher co-workers.

Haru is the kind of person who would put other first before herself, she would take time to help others improve on themselves. if she didn't take her medication (which she always takes them anyway) she'd lose her temper quite easily, but of course she'd try not to lash out in front of people who are not involved in her conflicts. She is very understanding with other people, trying her hardest to be the best person she can be, she treats most children like her own, giving them her respect and the least amount of attitude if she can help it. Haru likes to joke around with those that she loves, enjoys cooking with the family and just ion general finding time to be with them, she's a family kind of person who wouldn't really find anything much else to do other than bonding with the fam.

Haru has a love for fish (living ones), she would talk about them all day if she had the chance to. In the future, Haru would love to think she'd either work with Nasa and go to space or explore the deep oceans. The idea of space has always interested her, since she was little and had received a telescope for Christmas she'd use it everyday before bed then tell her dads about what she saw. like space she had always loved the idea of fish and the oceans, just thinking about exploring the unexplored deep oceans fascinated her, she likes to believe she's a somewhat expert on fish and so she'd love the opportunity to perhaps discover a new species if she's lucky enough.

HaruHatless.jpgHaruHat.jpg

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

First of all, she would confront the entire group, telling them to stop talking like that as it's very disrespectful to the people in the school. After this she would issue all of them a warning, telling them not to do it again, or repeat any similar actions. If they continued she would give them detention or another warning depending on what they had done. Obviously she would want to avoid detention if possible, but if they seem to continue with all 3 warnings put into place, she would have to go ahead and issue that detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
To start, she would tell them all to listen as she spoke, if they ignored her she would begin to speak over any major assignments she had planned for the week, again, if this didn't work she would begin to issue warnings or call another faculty members to help her with the students, along with this, she might kick out anyone she finds to be encouraging this behavior. If nothing worked and she happen to be by herself that day then she would let them all know that there would be no free time at the end of class, letting them know that they have all wasted that time with their chatter.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She would calmly do what she needed to, whether that was preparing a small cup of coffee or eating something. When it comes to the other teachers, she would simply make small conversations, sometimes asking about tips or advice on how to better teach and prepare her classes as she was new to it.
She would attempt to befriend some of the faculty members, while of course keeping a close eye on the time so that she is not late to start her own classes. She'd perhaps catch up on some recent news on her phone if she had no work to grade of course, in which case she'd catch up on marking student's grades.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me #7c9ea5

She'd stand up, sitting on her desk. She would tap her fingers on it as the students came in. When they were all seated she would begin to speak, "Hello class! I'm a new teacher here, you may just call me Mrs. Haru! I'm very excited to work with you all in this fantastic school!" A large warm smile formed on her face as she finished speaking, standing up from the desk, walking around it, she would begin to write her name on the chalkboard, turning back to the students as she held her hands together in front of her.

/me #7c9ea5
She'd stand in front of her desk after announcing the first assignment she wanted to do with the class, introducing themselves! "Please come up front and tell me about yourself! And feel free to share any cool stories or interesting facts about yourself!" She would keep her hands in front of her, held together, walking to the side of the room. she would point to a student who had their hand raised, asking them to come up front and introduce themselves.

/me #7c9ea5
After handing out a task for the students to do, she would begin to take slow steps around the room with her hands held behind her back. She watched the students complete the task, trying to see if anyone was trying to cheat or not following the rules she had set on the board. As she continued to watch, she would stop behind a student, watching them work to see if they needed any help, before continuing to walk around the room. Looking to see if anyone else needed her assistance.

/me #7c9ea5
She would slide a small paper-sized basket to the middle of her desk before saying, "Alright! Everyone turn in your assignment! If you didn't finish, talk to me after class, and if you needed help, or didn't understand some of the questions, you may also stay behind to talk to me." She would smile as the class began to leave. Taking the papers out, she would turn them into a neat stack by letting them drop on the desk. When this was done she would place a small clip over it, putting on a sticky note that reads the period that took the task.

Backstory
Haru was born in Poland to a surrogate mother who's identity was kept secret out of her own choice, she was then given to her 2 dads who had planned to move to Japan within a week, but due to financial and health issues this was postponed and they had to wait 5 years before actually moving there, they moved to a town near Karakura when Haru was 5 years old, this meant she had to learn Japanese over Polish which was difficult for her at this young age, it especially became difficult when she started school. Haru never really found it easy to make friends in school, and so she just preferred to stick to being by herself.

Haru's life in Poland before she moved to Japan with her dads was pretty regular, they got along great and had tons of fun. Both of Haru's dads would play certain games with her that they don't do anymore such as gently poking each other in an attempt to tickle each other, Haru found great comfort in this and still does today, though she cannot remember why she likes to poke and be poked nowadays she still does it to this day. These days would probably be the best days of her life until she meets the family she will meet in the future.
The process of Haru learning Japanese when she first started school was difficult at first but with the support of her dads she quickly learned the basics, testing her by going to restaurants and asking her to order for them all, going to the library and reading fish books out loud to them in Japanese, the did this for a while on top of school. Being so focused on the Japanese language her grades would start to slip, she found it quite hard to keep up with the others so that she could improve her language. Haru's dads had to go to school meetings about this and they spent a lot of time trying to get her out of trouble for this grade failing behavior. After the lectures that her dads had gotten from the teachers, they would focus more on her studies instead, helping her find out how fun it is to learn, teaching her outside of school they would take her out to places of her choice as a reward for doing so well.

Over time she had forgotten her first language, she had spoken Japanese for so long now that Polish was no longer a language that she is able to speak, even though her dads are able to at least hold a conversation in the language, because of her young age she had simply forgotten, but her accent stayed and it had only faded over time, where she'd learn to hide it through the years until it was no longer noticeable unless she was tired or if someone was to focus on her accent in any sort of long conversations with her.
When school first started she was teased for her strange accent, this teasing quickly became a form of bullying and since the teachers there thought it was just children playing, being silly and being.. well children, she felt she had no choice but to choose violence to defend herself against them, this quickly became a default for her and she found it hard not to do this. It would seem that she had some sort of anger problem but people just thought she was a bad kid.
Over the years she became somewhat good at fighting and defending herself, though she'd never really need this in the distant future, at 8 years old her violent ways scared the people who teased and bullied her, so almost all of them agreed to trick her into coming over to one of their houses with a fake invite to one of their sibling's birthday parties, once she arrived since they were alone in the house, the door was locked behind her. The mean bully child then let out her rabid and whiled up dog, most likely the dog was scared and became violent because of this, the dog then continued to maul young Haru, luckily this scared the kid who set this up so she called her parents in a panic who advised her to call an ambulance which of course she did right away, and that is how she almost died from a dog.
Ever since the day of the attack she understandably became frightened at the sight of any dog of any size or behavior, and of course the bully kids used their family dogs to scare her because it gave them a sick pleasure to see her scared. This got to the point where she had to change schools and so they all moved to Karakura where they continued a somewhat normal life. Though her fear of dogs carried on through adulthood.

She'd continue her studies as a regular student, keeping her distance from people who she knew owned dogs just in case they decided they didn't like her. Haru had a somewhat normal accent all the time by this point and so she'd mostly be left alone while she was in school, she'd use this quiet time to study as much as she had spare time for. Haru's home life during this would be fairly normal with 2 supportive dads who helped her as much as they could, she felt like she could tell them anything except if she ever got a boyfriend, because dads being dads they'd get a little overprotective.
At the age of 16 when she was still in high school, she chose to become a teacher, wanting to pass down everything she had learned in life. Her main reasoning for wanting to be a teacher was to make sure that everyone had an equal learning experience, nothing like she had previously. She'd plan on becoming the kind of teacher that would pay closer attention to students and their intentions, the last thing she wanted was to be a bad teacher if she ever eventually got there, this encouraged her to work harder than she had ever worked in her life.
Instead of going for her dreams of working in a high-end job, she began to work harder with smaller and less popular jobs that paid less, looking for every opportunity she could use to get the job she wanted, she tried to gain as much experience as she could. Finally, when she had finished her studies, she began to live her regular life, waiting for the right time to continue her life in school as the best teacher she could possibly be.

As she grew and no longer needed to rely on her violent ways, she found out some techniques to calm herself down. She found this difficult and so she went to a doctor to get diagnosed with... something? She did eventually get diagnosed with an anger mental disorder thingy (I forgot the name oocly my bad :P). After she had gotten diagnosed she was given medication to help control her behavior, this helped her a lot and also made it so that she could live a much more normal life than before. With help from her Fathers and Fiancé who adore and support her unconditionally, she quickly was able to come up with some sort of comfortable routine and put that in place for herself.
Ah yes I forgot to put how she met her fiancé and all that, when Haru was 18 years old she met Anatoly, a Russian lad who had emigrated to Japan followed by
his younger brother Dmitri. Haru and Anatoly hit it off almost instantly and got along great, He'd be a supportive friend until they decided they wanted to date. Her starting to date did not distract her from her dreams of teaching of course, in fact this encouraged her to improve a lot more since he supported her so much with it. They were the perfect couple, so eventually when Anatoly found the courage to propose to Haru, they did and after a while of dating he asked and she of course accepted.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Haru Hasuke
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Haru
Preferred Name:
Haru

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
Engaged

Nationality:
Polish
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

4 years

Academic Degree:
Bachelors
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
History
Minors:
Japanese studies, History of religion and society

Native Languages:
Japanese
Other Languages:
JSL, Russian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No, I do not

Extra
Even if it doesn't get accepted, I hoped you enjoyed reading it.

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

If I am denied, are there any other tips I could use to improve my chances in the next application?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread