Car re-model suggestion

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SchoolRP
DATE: 6/6/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: With the inability now to sell your cars and with the frequency of [public models generally now being "re-done", a lot of the older models serve no purpose. I think it would please a lot of players if there was a way to request that your car model get the same treatment. This can either be as simple as requesting your car simply getting a 'texture' to make it at the very least: pleasing to the eye, I think a lot of car models could also just use being replaced with newer versions of the model.

For example, have a look at this ugly car. You tell me now you think that there is nothing wrong with it and that it couldn't use having a whole new model for it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I think if these model requests could be made optional for 3D-Modellers to do, so as to not force them to be over stressed. However to make it be a fair deal I think that making the 'model requests' cost the person who submits the request has to pay the modeller in question 250,000 yen if the request is accepted. This both acts as a way to make sure the modellers do not have a STACK of free models (Context: Every time modellers complete a certain amount of models, they are paid with a free model of their choosing to be added to the game.) as well as a way to motivate 3D-Modellers to take up the extra work if they so choose.

I think this will please a lot of the players now stuck with ugly, awful looking cars that simply sit in their inventory from years ago. Please add your feedback or support of suggestion.

Or at the very least: Give players the option to submit their own 3D-MODEL of a car as it's replacement as it doesn't hurt anybody to do that.

Last edited:

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
+1, but I think it might get denied as moddelers already have their hands full and it'll be pretty recource intensive.

Gunna!

Level 99
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
-1 I don't think everyone will want to have their cars remodeled and they simply won't have the time since they always have their hands full and as usual only item models get re-done and we only see that ever so often

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL / -1
Currently, the modeling team is doing the best they can to get going with the sheer amount of Custom requests that have been piling up over the past months. It is true that some modelers do remake some old models from time to time, but this is something that they only do when they absolutely have nothing to do, which isn't the case right now.

There are currently over 60 pending models that need to be finished before we can even start remaking these models you're talking about, meaning that this suggestion would not be our first priority right now

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
NEUTRAL / -1
Currently, the modeling team is doing the best they can to get going with the sheer amount of Custom requests that have been piling up over the past months. It is true that some modelers do remake some old models from time to time, but this is something that they only do when they absolutely have nothing to do, which isn't the case right now.

There are currently over 60 pending models that need to be finished before we can even start remaking these models you're talking about, meaning that this suggestion would not be our first priority right now
Didn't know it was that high, jeez.

pashy

Level 183
I don't really support this idea very much however I think if someone can get his model reshaded by a personal interaction with another modeler whether it's SRP modeler or not- As long as the file remains small sized, you would be able to contact Mike about changing the model

(Though clearly not overly/completely changing it to another vehicle or car but just reshade it)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I don't really support this idea very much however I think if someone can get his model reshaded by a personal interaction with another modeler whether it's SRP modeler or not- As long as the file remains small sized, you would be able to contact Mike about changing the model

(Though clearly not overly/completely changing it to another vehicle or car but just reshade it)
Was told you couldn't upright replace a model and that if you wanted it you would simply have to purchase anew

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I believe if you're paying that much money for a cube car, it should be able to be remodeled. Of course it can be on the very bottom of the to-do list, but IMO it should still be possible.

HunterHampter

Level 60
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
As someone who mades a decent amount of the Custom Vehicles, I don't mind remodelling some stuff, but i also don't like to suddenly have 5+ remodel requests assigned to me.

Neutral

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
REVIEWED
  • The old vehicles will get remodeled eventually to match the new SchoolRP model style but as Yonio mention above, we currently have a handful of models pending to complete before we can reprioritize on old models

Users who are viewing this thread