Mr. Mediocre

Level 58
_Mediioocre
_Mediioocre
Rich+
IGN: _Mediioocre | _Megalo

DATE: June 10th

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A way to pay someone straight through Debit Cards without having to have money in /bal but in your bank account
For example:
Card swipers
You enter the price of your object, use your card and enter your PIN number. And it takes the amount from your bank account if you have money in there
A command called /swiperequest
It can function like /payrequest where you do /swiperequest [amount], but you need to have your debit card out in your hand and then enter your PIN code after accepting

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This could help shop employees and people who didn't have time to stop by an ATM

For shops
Store Employee - SE
Customer - C

Let's say "C" logged on a bit late and a shopkeeper is about to close the store soon. And "C" made it just in time before the store closes but didn't have time to stop by an ATM and withdraw some money

C:
"Hello. I'd like to buy this product."
SE: "Alright! That'll be 15k."
C: "I don't have cash, do you take card payment?"
SE: "Yes we do! Hold on."
SE: Takes out a card swiper and entered the price before sliding the machine facing the customer
C: Entered their PIN code, then pressed continue
SE: Waited for the machine to read "Payment confirmed" before taking it back
SE:
"Alright, you're all done. Thank you for shopping here!"

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

As a shopkeeper myself, constantly doing transactions and trying to get people's items in a timely manner is already stressful enough, I feel like adding this will only make things more complicated than necessary.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL
I would personally just make it so that you can execute a command while holding your phone to pay someone else's account without having to talk to the Banker NPC (which is already WIP)

pashy

Level 183

Looking at the current system shops use, this would be complicated. Debit cards are mostly used to pay others without meet-ups otherwise your money should be with you all times anyways

Last edited:

cho0ii

Level 173
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1
I hate using commands cuz I always mess em up, so I would love this

ClownRP

Level 15
ClownFacee
ClownFacee
Notable
Neutral

It’s interesting, I could see how it’d be annoying for shop keepers to keep track of and how it might overwhelm them. Even if it was implemented it’d be pretty low down the updates considering it’s quite minor.

Hirathex

Level 247
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

Super late to the suggestion but my thoughts on it are this: Instead of coding a whole new system (especially one that’ll only be used under specific circumstances) it’d be smarter to add more ATMs around the map, in or around shop areas.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
- This is a good idea on paper, but the implementation and use-case for it would be quite difficult/non-existent.​
- Although it'd make sense for players that own a bank account to use card readers in shops, the current system that shopkeepers use for employee percentages on sales and tax would make this difficult in practice.​

Users who are viewing this thread