Rich+
IGN:
_Mediioocre | _Megalo
DATE:
July 15th
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Moving the carried player's hitbox to the carrier player's back
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Moving the carried's hitbox to the carrier's back could help with some issues, for example:
Opening doors
Clicking train signs
Clicking elevator signs
Right clicking other players
Clearing the view in first-person

This could be especially help if the carried player is afk and be useful when the carrier player needs to do said things​

Last edited:

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
+1 This is honestly a good idea, it will also make it seem more realistic, at least in my opinion.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
What you suggested isn't really doable with the way minecraft works. There isn't a way to set where an entity will be sitting in relation to the entity it's riding, so you can't move players in any direction.

Hypothetically, you could have a small client-side entity riding the person who did /carry, and have the carried player ride the entity instead. If the entity only appears on the passenger's client, it would essentially shift their hitbox by moving the entire player altogether, allowing for the first player (who doesn't see the entity) to interact with things. It'd probably look weird, be buggy, and definitely be way more effort than it's worth. But it's probably possible.

DATE:
July 17th
My man's in the future? What influential and or catastrophic event happens within 2 days? Do I locate any maidens?

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- Whilst this suggestion is possible, it's over complicated and unneeded as the carry command is a request system.​
- We've already denied a suggestion like this in the past.​

Users who are viewing this thread