Carrying in Classrooms.

Jay.

Level 9
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
IGN: Simp4Shogun
DATE: 13/01/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: The carry command is being used in classes to help get their friends/classmates into a classroom that they are already in. I don't know if this is considered to be exploiting (which i think it is) but its making the job harder for teachers like me to remove disturbing students from classes.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It can easily benefit the community by making the Classroom RPs more efficient than having a student that has been kicked, easy access back into the class by their friend (NOTE: I have tried kicking their friend too but it seems its a chain reaction of persons doing it. When I did class end not too long ago, above 10 students were left back which were the glitched in ones.)

(i see ppl are confused. what im suggesting is, there should be some way to prevent students from just carrying someone into a classroom. And you may be saynig "just report to staff". Some staff members take until the actual period is over to respond which is hard.)

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130
Neutral

I'm not quite sure what the suggestion here is. Perhaps preventing students from using /carry in a classroom?

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1. Prohibiting the carry command whilst on school grounds I believe used to be a thing, should be reintroduced at least within the school building

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1. Prohibiting the carry command whilst on school grounds I believe used to be a thing, should be reintroduced at least within the school building
This may be a bit too restrictive, as people use it often in non exploity ways...

Maybe making it so you cannot use the command while in a class?

Oliverium

Level 51
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Neutral
Instead of banning it all together, just report it to staff since it's against the rules, it's failRP if they phase through the door. People still need /carry because sometimes they need to be taken to the nurse.

DarkEclipic

Level 150
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
neutral

Kids still need to be carried to nurses office, in which I am fine with that. But if a student does that to get inside classrooms, ofc report to a member of staff

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
This may be a bit too restrictive, as people use it often in non exploity ways...

Maybe making it so you cannot use the command while in a class?
Well it'd only be used while inside the school building itself. I don't really see people needing to carry each other while inside a school building. Other than that there's no actual plausible way to moderate kids glitching in and out of classrooms

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
Neutral
Instead of banning it all together, just report it to staff since it's against the rules, it's failRP if they phase through the door. People still need /carry because sometimes they need to be taken to the nurse.
This exactly. I understand how it can be a pain if people are glitching classes, but this is an example of rule breaking and not something that should prevent the action entirely. When you see someone doing this, clip it and send it to a mod (If you don’t know how to clip, I recommend downloading a software called Medal that allows you to take quick clips of things in games after they’ve happened. Very useful.) /Carry is used within and around the building for plenty of reasons, such as carrying an injured student to the Nurse’s, helping out if someone needs a little boost to see something (which is a use for it I wish I saw more of, makes for neat roleplay), or for simply carrying your friends to and from destinations. On top of this, I think it’s important to mention the GangRP side that /carry has within a school. Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m a bit rusty, but when you knock someone out on campus and you have perms to kidnap and take them elsewhere, you’re going to want that /carry ability

Too many words for my simple stance but yeah keep /carry around and clip and report it when you see rulebreakers

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Just report it to staff
As a teacher, I absolutely hate this answer. It would be a good solution if staff responded quickly, but that just isn't the case. We only have about 20 minutes to do an activity, and if we're spending 5-10 of that dealing with minge and failRP instead of attending to the room of 20+ people, neither we or the students are going to have a good time. Now obviously, any teacher worth their salt isn't going to pay that much attention to those guys, but I've seen it happen more times than I can remember with the newer guys. We can report the troublemakers all we want, but there's basically no point since more often than not it's just a waste of time even trying.

In regards to the suggestion, it'd be kind of tedious. There are other reasons why you'd want to /carry during class, all of which have legitimate roleplay based reasons. As a bit of a counter-suggestion, I say we make /carry work similarly to /grab, where you'd have to actually punch the person in order to send the request, instead of just looking at them. Would be a great way to get around the carrying through walls exploit that people love to use all the time.

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Nuetral

I'm confused on what's being suggested, however maybe making it warnable to carry students into a closed classroom could help this situation. And we would still be able to walk around school carrying friends, as well as carrying students to the nurses office still being possible.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- It's not so much of an issue unless they're purposefully doing it to break rules, in which case you can report them to online staff.​

Users who are viewing this thread