mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted CeruleanRocket's Shop Application | Strays

Player Information

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ──────✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ──────✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

What is your Minecraft username?:

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Accounts

CeruleanRocket | Skylar T. Tsu [College][M]<- Applying under this account.

CyanRocket | Kei T. Tachibana. [Adult]

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

ceruleansky#4359

How old are you? (Optional):
Currently, as of writing this I am 18 years old, born July 14th 2004.

What is your time zone?:

Britain | BST

Describe your activity on the server:

When I first joined this server back in January of 2022 I started out slow like most, Roaming around with close IRL friends as we tried figuring out how the server works and functions, alongside the community itself. After being very lucky with applications, I managed to create a solid and continuously growing friendship group who i make the most memorable moments with. Although my timezone creates barriers with alot of my friends, I've had no issues with staying up till sunrise, and would say I'm a dedicated player. My average time spent on a regular day of SRP would be an estimated 6-9 hours - sometimes even more.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes. If for whatever reason I have grown inactive without stating a reason, I will completely understand if I am removed from the role of Shopkeeper.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ──────✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ──────✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰

https://schoolrp.net/threads/black-market-dealer-application-ceruleanrocket.59812/
[DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/ceruleanrocket-police-application.50099/
[DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/surgeon-ems-app-cyanrocket.50467/
[ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application-skylar-tachibana-tsu.49506/
[ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/chinese-lang-app-skylar-t-tsu.49575/ |
[ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-app-skylar-t-k-tsu.50091/
[ACCEPTED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):

As of writing this application, my main account [CeruleanRocket] is currently working for Rotasu Music, and is been a Masters degree level college student.
I am also a member of the new Host club made by SkyFantasyWorld, but I plan to leave it if this application gets accepted.

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉

Shop Information
/*You may add your own questions to the format*/

What shop are you applying for?:

I would like to request the ownership of Strays, keeping it as a bar but more club like.

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:

This question for me is hard to narrow down into just one reason. I've been grateful enough to have worked in many shops and businesses all around the server, even having the opportunity to become a high-ranking member and host openings. I've always enjoyed seeing the rush of people coming through the doors, excited and enjoying products served. I think it's an incredible job role, one that holds a lot of power as the items you sell and the atmosphere you create will be helping build up peoples role-playing experience and possibly even creating lore.

Outside of this factor however, I have had the idea brewing up for my character Skylar to eventually run her own bar or night-club for quite some time now. The reason behind this is for her lore, Skylar was born in Ireland where her Father, Patrick Rose ran a Brewery that covered his criminal wrong-doings as the leader of his notorious mafia named the "Rose Clan." Since a very young age, Skylar has had a create nose for alcohol, test-tasting and even very early on business skills due to being forced to sit in on meetings with her father's clients. As i grew up her story, moving it over to SRP in 2022, I was offered co-CEO and eventually CEO of Fujimori holding's, a now shut down Brewery business with one of a kind whiskey's. wine's and ales. Since then, I've slowly been trying to build up the character's lore and finally came to a conclusion on her final development as a character. This being, She finally will become the one thing she swore never to be: Her father.

Eventually Skylar, with the help of her friends and family, will over-come the self hatred of finally owning her own bar but will turn it into a place of safety rather than fear like her old home. As someone who has been heavily involved in CrimeRP since joining this server, It has always been a plan that one day I'd create a safe-haven for all criminals, gang members and the public to sit in a room and be equal. No Fighting, No acting on perms, No arguing. Everyone would step onto the grounds of Club Umbra and would be immediately protected. The idea for this originally stemmed from the John Wick series -Hotel Continental. The idea is, anyone caught on the grounds of the Continental would be immediately removed of their role from their gang/organisation and depending on the severity of the offence, along with a small warning issued by the infamous Black Market Dealers. This secures the idea of it being a safe space. I really wish for this to bring some incredible writing and character building for the server, as well as benefiting the community.

What does the name of your shop mean?
When originally creating the idea of a continental based bar/club back in July 7th 2022, I had began to delve into heavy research based off of the atmosphere i wanted to create with this shop. Originally, Club Umbra could have been called:

Tenebris:
I felt this word was rather uncomfortable to say consistently, and wouldn't stick well. It was too long, and the meaning of the club simply being 'Dark' didn't have the punch I wanted for my bar.

Scáth:
Having my character Skylar make a club with the name being in Gaelic would have made sense being it her first language, as she was born in Ireland. However after evaluating, I realised not many people would understand it's meaning or pronunciation and the point of the club being for those who like the shadows more than the spotlight would be completely missed.

Ludic:
To be honest, This one was my least favorite but I added It to the list because it was a completely different meaning to all the previous names being linked to dark/shadows. Ludic meant a place of high spirit and full of fun which, although i hope to bring both of these attributes, It was not the best set of words to describe Club Umbra.

Which brings me to my final destination with the name: UMBRA.
Umbra's term didn't just mean a simple shadow, it's meaning continued on which inspired me further. To be of shade to the shadows, deriving from Latin in the 17th century was when people would discuss the 'shadow's shade' as referring to ghosts rather than how we use it in today's English. Its history had me delving deep into a rabbit hole, easily linking its whole history to Skylar's lore. Club Umbra isn't just a shadow-y place for people to sit alone. It is to be the whispered about shade-to-the- shadow's on the street, a safety net to all.

To explain this further, My character Skylar has a strong belief that it's not those in the direct spotlight, or shadow's who are the ring leaders and true top stage podium winners, But the ones who do the right things simply because they can,without needing to only act righteous in-front of large crowds- or disagree with everyone to stand out further. This is what i inferred the meaning of being "The shadow's shade" as They aren't necessarily good, but by no means are they evil. I want Club Umbra to be a place for everyone to sit and be calm ; a complete oxymoron to the outside, directly behind the closed door to the shop.

The main logo for Club Umbra will be a depiction of the moon. During my research I discovered that the word Umbra is often seen with imagery of the moon, even in it's literal translated meaning being "the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse." I personally loved the imagery of the moon being symbolic for the store, as not only does the moon give us a form of light, It's only ever seen during the dark which again brings me back to "The shadow's shade."

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:

At first glance, Club Umbra may seem like a regular calming and classy bar with a low set mood lighting and soothing performance music from some of Karakura's finest musicians. Every 10 openings, Club Umbra will host dedicated nights to spice things up, even drawing in a larger crowd.
This will be including things such as;

-> Open Mic Night:
Guests may opt themselves up to our performance space, entertaining the guests with once in a life time performances that bring goosebumps, tears and laughter to all. The audience will place their bets after everyone has had a go, with the performance with the most votes earning a special prize!

The way this will be set up is, upon advertising for the special night, Anyone who wishes to participate will be asked to raise their hand and picked from the audience by one of our Game show hosts at random. 8 lucky guests will be allowed to perform any song of their choosing [granted it be appropriate] and at the end of the night, guests will be allowed to throw their vote into a book and hand it over to the shop owner or manager! Once votes have been collected [performers will be prohibited from entering the votes] The first and second place winner will receive a prize which may range from anything!

1683268114334.png

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

->Games night:
Club Umbra's very own gambling night. Although the shop will always have its option of games present, during games night the owner will bring out a blackjack table for all to participate in. With of course their I.D. The winner of a handful selection of games will come with a large prize pool!

1683125570574.png

->Fancy Dress:

Club Umbra has a strict formal wear only code- Except for dress night! On this special day, its encouraged to guests to dress up as anyone or anything and enjoy a night of more uplifting music and wild atmosphere! There will be a prize to those who come best dressed.

1683125926242.png

Any guest seen being violent, aggressive verbally or physically will be immediately black-listed and denied entry ever again. Its main purpose is to serve as a continental, and with this I am hoping that the toxicity we get often OOCly will be squashed, and friendships can be made.

->Bottomless Brunch:

Some of you maybe familiar with the term 'Bottomless Brunch' but for those of you confused, This is when Club Umbra will open up their bar during the late mornings/early afternoon's and allow the citizens of Karakura an unlimited amount of drinks. This will last for 2 IC hour's. To explain further, a guest may walk in and request a single 'bottomless brunch' which will give you the option of any alcoholic beverage on the menu but in groups of five. The guest then at the end of the 2 IC hours will tell one of the bartender's on duty how much drink they have left, and that will be the total amount the have to pay.

Note: I have a lot of event idea's in the works for this place, which I am hoping can bring up not only the bar's popularity but hopefully allow for more interactive scenarios for characters and the community!

"[!] CLUB UMBRA [!]"

"It's cold outside...Why not come in for a warm drink?"

The Exterior.

Somewhat in sticking with the design and feel of a traditional Japanese store, Club Umbra does not wish to draw a large amount of attention to it- keeping a rather minimalist but well-kept exterior. Due to the nature of it's name, [Umbra meaning shadow/darkness] The entire atmosphere of its designs would be kept to a distance from any bright, vibrant colour schemes and will stick to a much more dark aesthetic using grey's, black's browns etc. The occasional exception of red's and purples being scattered around and a low mood lighting complimenting both outside and inside. As you approach the door, a thick red rope would mark out the line upon entry, music being heard faintly from the door as it swung open and closed, as-well as a smoking area dedicated outside. Club Umbra's owner, Skylar Tsu also has come up with the idea of a 'Bar Window' that will be open for guests who wish to stay outside in the smoking area and enjoy a drink, saving them the hassle of having to keep coming in and out.

[Building created by oInfi]

"Cosy, Isn't it?"

The Interior.

1683090866512.png

Although Club Umbra will pride itself on it's ability to keep guests safe, making sure that its indoor attributes suit those wanting to stay out of the public eye. It will be filled with a low mood set of lights, offering that privacy to those who wish to stay anonymous. Its well spaced seating arrangement will contribute towards allowing people an extra part of privacy as well as a office room dedicated to more sophisticated V.I.P guests, with of-course a small price to pay.

Its a classy, elegant and secure building that hopes to offer a small amount of calmness and amity to the town.
Throughout the shop, I'll have traditional Japanese games a safe distance away from the bar area such as Pachinko, arcade machines and gambling opportunities that will all be closely monitored and rewards handed out where necessary.

"Wear it like a badge of honor."

The Logo.

Club Umbra's fliers will be sent through everyone's doors and posters plastered to the walls. Each one is carefully laminated with an iconic black and red design.

{Poster would have the shop's co-ord's in the bottom left corner.}

1683011470646.png

As for the sign that confidently swings outside the shop walls, plastered onto high-quality poster board would be the loud bold words of CLUB UMBRA illuminating out onto the streets of Karakura.

Club Umbra's Partnership program:
A big part of the inner workings for Club Umbra will only work with the help of close friends and family. After Skylar worked for Ami Akai's Rotasu Music, Club Umbra has arranged a partnership in order to supply Club Umbra's best performers with proper equipment and a set in stone sponsorship. With this, we will be promoting Rotasu Music's equipment as well as the talented performers work for both shops, bringing more business for them!

What will you sell in your shop?:

Club Umbra will sell a wide variety and range of Soft drinks, beverages and most importantly- it's main selling point; The alcohol.

The listings.

Alcoholic

: ̗̀➛
Sake - 12,000¥

Dalmore Scotch - 11,000¥

Fireball Whiskey - 14,000¥

Hennessy - 10,000¥

Korean Soju 7,000¥

Guiness Beer - 5,000¥

Pride Vodka - 13,000¥

Gentleman's Whiskey 15,000¥

Slum Sake - 14,000¥

Hanako Sake - 13,500¥

Crystal Shōchū - 11,000¥

Crystal Merlot - 10,000¥

Crystal Rose - 10,000¥

Sōbetsu Beer Can - 8,000¥

Sōbetsu Whiskey - 15,000¥

Beverages.

Water - 200¥

Americano - 300¥

Milk - 300¥

Hot Chocolate 800¥

I'm really hoping to expand on this list, getting some custom items of drink's if possible eventually as the shop expands and guests enjoy it enough.

How many employees do you plan to have?:

Due to the idea of this shop to keep everyone safe, I have created a roster of job roles within the shop. The applications for this shop will be very specific and thorough background checks will be done both ICly and OOCly, only accepting those with good reputation, applicable RP skills and good costumer service. It is strongly noted, that although the premise of this bar is to serve as a continental of sorts for the people of Karakura, No-one working for the business will be allowed to continue working their if they are seem committing a criminal offence or have been reported for gang affiliation. Any criminal behavior occurring on the premise will be immediately reported to the Karakura Police Department. This is because i want to sell the idea of this bar off as a safe ground for those caught up in the underworld to behave and relax among the regular folk and be able to give the opportunity to get nicely dressed with everyone.

╰┈➤Shop Owner - CeruleanRocket 1/1
As the Shopkeeper, it is my job to oversee and maintain both ICly and OOCly the shop, it's members and the guests who visit. I am Liable for anything that mare happen and or be caused by a worker of the store and plan to take any and all action in making sure it is a safe environment for all. I plan to do thorough scouting and being very diligent with who it is I am hiring. My worker's must be hard working, friendly, ready to work and have a good reputation. Due to being in close contact with a large amount of alcoholic beverages, all workers must be of the legal drinking age in Karakura, no exceptions being made. Furthermore, it is my duty to keep on top of shop openings, making sure advertisements in OOC are made appropriate and correct as-well as making sure that workers are paid accordingly. I understand that no obsessive usage of stock will be requested, only if absolutely necessary, And in addition to this, I plan to make sure my employees remain respectful both ICly and OOCly.

╰┈➤Managers - N/A 0/2
If the chance arises where I am unable to be present ICly for a shop opening, I'd like to enforce two dedicated and trustworthy employees to take the role of being second in command. This includes helping manage stock and restock sales, participating in IC meetings, being present and on time for shop openings and helping make judgement calls for applicants to Club Umbra. They must be someone with a good work ethic and organisational skills who is trusting enough to handle this job. Pay will remain the same for this role, and they may work on duty if for what-ever reason players aren't able to come online in time.

╰┈➤Bartender - N/A 0/5
The heart of this whole operation succeeding starts with these workers. They must be able to work under stressful conditions, willing to learn and contribute ways on making work more enjoyable for everyone. Whether this be through detailed actions of fancy pouring, or getting to know a guest's favorite drink, these are what make for good employees. I'll be looking out for people enjoy the writing side of SRP, and who I know will make the team into a family.It is also important to stress that I.Ding must be done to everyone, and although the security will do this at the entrance, bartenders must take it upon themselves if they see someone they believe is not of age and double check I.D's.

╰┈➤Security - N/A 0/6
With this job, come's great responsibility! Strong minded, well trained fighters who use their strengths to help rather then to abuse. I need security who will protect both the ideals of the 'Continental' grounds and the family that works for it. As a security worker, You must be willing to put 110% effort into keeping the business and its guests safe at all times, fully willing to place your own life on the line if it comes down to it. With it being a safe spot for criminals, there will be no doubt the odd character who believes they are above the rules meaning you must have a great scanning eye when on duty. I do not want workers who immediately use violence as a first means of tactic to deal with unruly guests, but instead they must be skilled in negotiating and calming down a situation. Regardless of who ever is trying to create chaos, everyone who enters is a guest and must be treated fairly with patience unless physical harm is threatened. They'll be banned from entering the club and directed outside of the building.

╰┈➤Performers - N/A 0/6
That's right! Here at Umbra we will offer a small corner space to the musicians of Karakura to help give a calming atmosphere and entertainment for guests. As a performer it is your job to come prepared with music prior to shop openings, ensuring it is fitting for the mood and appropriate. All music requests must go through either the shopkeeper or a manager before playing. Payment for performers maybe slightly lower compared to other employee's but it will still be the appropriate price for their efforts. I will specifically be out on the hunt for those who have exceptional detailRP skills. I do not want workers who simply stand around and occasionally type out a /it of linked music from YouTube, But to also include some actions of their characters actually performing the music ; such as are they very stiff on stage? Do they have on-stage presence and charm? What makes them unique players?

╰┈➤Game Show hosts- N/A 0/4
Club Umbra will have a wide variety of gambling based games dotted around its interior, allowing new builds of friendships and offering a much calmer competitiveness than usual. A game show host must have the ability to sell the idea of it's game, bringing guests over to play and a great attitude. They will be in-charge of keeping note who is playing who, and correcting where money is due. It may seem like a small job, but it holds a lot of responsibility.

Promotions will be done at the end of each month, giving out rewards to those who work the hardest with thing's such as "Employee of the month" "Employee of the year" and of course, promotions into higher management roles. Each Unit of workings will have a senior oversee-er that will help co-manage the groups on shift and OOCly but this will only be rewarded to hard-working, well organised people with contributing ideas to the shop!

What are the requirements for employees?:

╰┈➤Bartenders.

⚜->ICly must be 20 +
⚜->Extensive knowledge on Alcohols.
⚜->Some job experience
⚜->Great listener
⚜->Must own an I.D
⚜->Good reputation both ICly and OOCly

╰┈➤Security.

⚜->ICly above the age of 18+
⚜->Fighting background of 2 years +
⚜->Trustworthy and reliable.
⚜->Must own an I.D
⚜->Ability to calm down situations safely

╰┈➤Performers.

⚜->ICly above the age of 18+
⚜->Musical background of 2 years +
⚜->Stage presence

╰┈➤Game Show hosts.

⚜->ICly above the age of 20+
⚜->Must own an I.D
⚜->Good organisational skills
⚜->Trusted with money
⚜->Knowing and understanding the games
⚜->Good entertainer skills.

OOC Advertisements plan:
What's a shop without its much needed advertisements? I've compiled a small insight as to what Club Umbra's would look like!

[1]
"You can hear the door creak open..Thats right. Club Umbra is officially OPEN. Make sure to grab a seat in time and enjoy the countless acts of entertainment, gambling and our HIGH-END alcohol's that we have lined up here. We are located just below Complex L. See you soon.."

[2]

"Nothing compare's to a bit of bar gossip, wouldn't you agree? &hex CLUB UMBRA &F is now open for all, come get a taste of our eloquent range of alcohol's for all shapes and sizes. Not a fan of the booze? Take a seat as we serenade you with Karakura's finest musicians. Located just below Complex L. May the shadows guide you."

How does it function?:

On a regular opening you will see the many guests of Karakurians lining up within the long red silked ropes where a doorman/security guard will be waiting to welcome you all in. They will do a number of checks such as pat downs, I.D checks and so on. Once our guest is welcomed in, they will be escorted by another to a vacant seating area, and brought over a drinks menu. They may choose to stay seated and receive table service, or they are welcome to make their way up to the bar for the order.

Once the guests have made their way around and have gotten settled in, refined classy music such as jazz, blues and RnB will fill the room, entertaining the guests as they take their drinks.
There will also be the announcement from the game hosts when gambling opportunities are open, but there are small arcade like machines always open in the mean time.

Once the shop is getting ready to close, an announcement will be made over the microphone 10 minutes prior, giving everyone time to take their things and exit accordingly.

Attire
With a strong reputation to withhold, Club Umbra takes great pride in it's aesthetics and classy out-ward look. The worker's will always be dressed to impress.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/
I spent an hour or so creating the google documented form for Club Umbra, as-well as setting up its official server! Here are the link's to both of these, And if anything wishes to be changed please go ahead and let me know in DM's!

In character information:

Full legal name:

Skylar Tachibana Tsu.

Official Title:

Miss.

22 years old. [If accepted, I'd like to age her up to 25years old.]

Marital Status:

Divorced, currently single.

Majors:

Management Information Systems and Services.

Minors:

Psychology, Creative writing literature, art and design.

Nationality:

Born in Ireland, Dundalk County-Louth. Half Japanese, quarter Russian.

Languages:

Gaelic-Irish, Korean, English, Japanese and Chinese.

Looks:

1683743597761.png

[Art by Prozy]

[Art by me]

Other Information:

Skylar T. Tsu is a renowned and well polished character. Her stern attitude and workaholic mindset often leaves would leave you to believe this woman is rather isolated, but infact hundreds of people often find themselves drawn to the woman like magnets. Best known for her work in Akihito, Skylar built up her name through hard hard work, ambition and truthful resources. Not only just for for Akihito, But the young woman's dedication to working multiple jobs growing up, never backing down when given a challenge and outrageous acts of devotion to any company she works/ worked for; I can happily state with confidence that once this character is pushed behind the captain's wheel, who knows where she will lead us.

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

If applicable I'd also be requesting the building of Stray's to move under the new accommodation of apartments in the L block by the blocked off tunnel so that players are offered a new area of the map to explore. Feel free to DM me [ceruleansky#4359] for any further inquires. Thank you for taking the time to read.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.​

Attachments

• 1683125647024.png
    1683125647024.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for applying for shopkeeper!
Your ideas are amazing and I am looking forward to working with you. Send me a dm - sak#8404 - to get everything set up!​

Users who are viewing this thread