mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

CheeseChexMix's Application

Nikko

Level 3
Out of Character | Basic information

What is your in-game name?: Pipoh

Do you have discord? (If so, what is your username): Yes, my current discord's username is Pipoh#0120.

Do you have a microphone?: I do have a functioning microphone and headset, and am willing to join and talk within calls as long as I am not at work IRL.

List your timezone and country: United States of America, Mid West, EST.

How active are you on the server?: My activity on the server certainly waxes and wanes, but this has always been due to work, and with holiday season ending in just a week essentially my activity will rise for at least a few months before it starts to lower again. Obviously my inconsistency can look a little daunting, however it is worth noting that I remain active oocly as well and if it is for something such as showing up for a court as long as it is scheduled to my work schedule I will always show up as long as I said I would.

Do you have any previous bans? (If so, link your appeals): N/A

Link any past applications below:
Note that all of these occupations have been held over the course of about three years now, and I have enjoyed each of the factions of which I have actually committed myself to.

Out of Character | Morals & ideas

What position are you applying for?: I am currently applying for the role of Judge within the City Faction.

What is your motivation for applying?: A vast majority of characters I've ever created have been fairly morally gray at the best of times, but I have never veered to hard into either more chaotic or lawful sectors of roleplay. I am also not much of a combat roleplayer, meaning that a more passive role such as Judge would be my best bet for creating a character that leans more heavily into the by the books style I am seeking for my next character. Along with this, I also have always enjoyed reading up on court transcriptions, and firmly believe that with the amount of time and effort I spend looking into the authenticity of each of my character's previously jobs, their methods, etc I can bring a strong presence to the City faction that will hopefully leave behind easier steps to follow for any other future applicants.

Do you have any plans for your spot or character with this role?: As is the character is best considered a rough draft when it comes to backstory, though I do intend for him to be an older English gentleman with familial ties to Karakura. My hope is to allow this character to exist as a sort of moral spark, one that won't just be gangrp'd and murdered within a month of creation simply for doing his job. I personally have a fairly good understanding of my local courts and have been told many times over why each ruling was good or awful, and as such I intend to do my best to use this information I've accumulated and use them alongside this character to make a roleplay experience that is both fair oocly, and enjoyable to roleplay for all of those involved. Afterall, sometimes bad calls are made, but what's important is if you felt you made the right call, and I fully plan to give this character the confidence and conviction to see through each and every decision, for the best or the worst.

Are you aware that if you falsely accuse, imprison, or sentence someone you will lose your role?: I am fully aware that this role gives the holder a certain amount of power over that of other character's arcs and occasionally if they'll even be able to use the character again, and as such I will do my utmost to put the thought required into each and every ruling that could potentially alter the course of not only a character's story, but how that player views SRP as a whole. As such, I also understand that should I make multiple severe mistakes regardless of intention I am liable to be removed from this position, and depending on the severity, face administrative punishment in the worst of outcomes.

Do you recognize that you cannot be corrupt in any way? (Being bribed, being biased, etc): I recognize and agree to the terms of being unable to roleplay a corrupt character, whether it be accepting monatery compensation, favors, trades, or gifts as bribery being disallowed or being unable to rule on cases in which I would be unable to hold my bias back, whether they be IC or OOC bias's dependent on the situation before me and how my character would best react within reason to the confines of the story.

Are you aware of the rules each person must follow?: I am well versed on the rules of the server and have done a pretty good job over the years of not breaking them, currently still only having approximately two warning over my three years of actively playing on the server.

Are you familiar with the laws of Karakura?: I am well acquainted with the laws, even just passively due to previous roles having to deal with some of the more nefarious characters, but primarily because I've spent a good amount of time actually reading through the list, from common violations to consequential crimes I feel I have a good grasp of each one and a good understanding of how they would relate to ic interactions while presiding within court.

Do you have a good understanding of this position?: Although I feel it's difficult to not know the position, as is with most City roles, I do believe I have a more than adequate understanding of the role for which I am applying.

Summarize what your position does in the town: Whether it be European courts, American courts, or Japan's courts, the Judge will always server the same overarching purpose. This position is meant to be held by someone with a fine understanding of their nation's laws and constitutions in order to best handle cases brought before them in the name of the law. Whether it be an officer and a defendant arguing their speeding ticket, a plantif and defendant yelling who owes who what amount of money, or even a serial killer being tried by the prefecture, the Judge is to remain impartial and act only upon the hard evidence before them in order to bring about a ruling that is both fair and best for those that were truly wronged throughout the process. They are not the allies of the police department, nor are they out to ruin investigations either. They are public servants and consitutional authorities who went through rigorous schooling in order to best do their job and to best help the town within which they hold court.

In Character | Questionnaire

Full Name: Judas Emerick Cullen

Preferred name & Title: Mr. Cullen | Judge Cullen

Current age?: Fifty-Six years old.

Past job experiences?: Ten total years of schooling, from college through my undergraduate course and through Law School. During the entire process I was blessed to serve as a Magistrate during the process, to both enhance my understanding of my degree and to give me an early view into the courts process. Due to this I have served as a judge since I left school, having held my position for close to twenty-five years within England and varying prefectures since moving to Japan, though now I seek to hold court within Karakura specifically due to oldening age and ease of travel.

What plans do you have for the town?: I am not a police officer, nor a service worker, nor anything of the sort. I understand completely that a majority of what I can do for Karakura is completely within the realm of the law. As such, I don't have grand-plans for this town, but I don't believe any one person alone should attempt to change this city either. Afterall, this place is living and breathing, just like how laws and consitutionary points will change with the evolution of time, so will the people and the culture that reside within our precefture's lines. That all being said, what I can ensure you I will do is make fair judgements and offer my assistance to the civilians of Karakura outside of office hours, givin both emotional and logical counsel to the citizens of our town. Afterall, the way to the future is to keep our youth out of the streets and on the books.

What jobs will you execute with this position?: I will gladly hold any court assigned to me without hesitation, should my assistance be required in any other sector it will quite obviously depend on what the actual situation may be, but this much I can guarantee. I am qualified to hold my position, I am qualified to make judgements with no bias and according to the constitituion. I know the law by hand, and I know that spreading myself to thin will most certainly affect the integrity of my work, and as such I firmly believe that it is best I say the job I will execute is that of the position I apply for, nothing more, and nothing less.

Do you practice any sort of religion?: Although there were certainly many Christian beliefs circulating my childhood, my religious tendencies are best described as Agnostic with the philosophical followings of Buddhism. That being said, I do not believe this question important as my religious tendencies will not affect my work life whatsoever, they are two completely seperate entities and I intend to keep them as such.

How did you get into politics?: I do not personally care for politics, nor for the idea that politics should be combined within the court of law. I understand that some decisions will have political affects on the city, but all of my rulings will be based on law and constitution along with the evidence laid before me and the knowledge I have gained over the years. From personal experience, those that tend to care for politics also tend to be those that are corrupt. Putting that all aside, a Judge or Judicial Candidate shall not hold authority as a leader nor hold office in a political party, nor shall they make speeches on behalf of a political organization, and as such I will not discuss my persoanl political inclinations within this application.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list your crimes: As I am sure you are aware, you may only have the most minor of criminal records and still hold judicial office, that being said I do not have such a record, and were I to I would expect my office to be removed from me as such, and were it not I would resign in kind.

Nationality & Born location: I am English, born in the grand city of London, though my family lineage is primarily Welsh. That being said, I hold many current familial ties to Japan and am more than proficient in both the Law and linguisitics of this wonderful nation.

Fluent languages: (Underline your native):
English
Japanese

I am currently in the process of learning JSL and intend to test my competency for fluency soon.

Users who are viewing this thread