Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
WCHEL (qchel, cheliwy, 4chel & atechel)

Discord Name & Tag:
chel#1900

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
Because I am in one of the most flexible time zones, my activity online per day usually varies in different amounts of hours. Whenever I log onto the server, I always try to balance playtime on all of my accounts. A few months ago, I successfully got whitelisted for FRP, so it all boils down to whichever server seems more interactive to roleplay on. Currently, the account I frequent the most is my Priest account, 4chel.

Which timezone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time - EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Teacher Application (ACCEPTED)
Shrine Maiden Application (ACCEPTED)
EMS Internship Application (ACCEPTED)
Psychiatrist Application (ACCEPTED)
Occult Club Member Application (ACCEPTED)
Journalist Application via Discord DMs (ACCEPTED)
Fight Club Staff Application via Discord (ACCEPTED)
Akihito Clan/Yakuza Application via Google Forums (ACCEPTED)
Chef Application (DENIED)
BMD Application (DENIED)

…excluding seven accepted language applications

What is your motivation for applying?:
My goal on this server is to write complex characters and develop them to the best of my ability. To do this, I’ve involved myself with almost every faction the server has to offer. Currently, I’m a part of the EMS faction, which interacts with the KPD the most and relies on extensive medical knowledge. Because of this, I’ve been able to learn quite a few things about the faction, both ICly and OOCly. Most of the time, I tend to stick with whatever if I take a liking to it— being an active member of the Shrine faction for just under a year. The emergency faction, which I am already involved in as a medical worker, is a diverse yet heavily detailed-oriented community which relies on elaborate actions and experienced roleplayers. Thankfully, from the time that I’ve been a part of EMS, I believe I can confidently apply for the KPD with all the experience I’ve gained. Hopefully, by applying for KPD, I’ll not only be able to make some friends along the way, but also experience new types of situations on the server!

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
OOCly, I am currently pursuing a career in law. Because of this, I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable regarding laws & what is legal/what is not. Some key information that I’ve learnt about SRP officers is:

THE POLICE RANKING SYSTEM

Everybody starts off as a cadet, being tasked with simple duties such as gathering reports and/or checking CCTV. Usually cadets aren’t supposed to leave the station unless accompanied by a higher-up so they tend to spend most of their time seated at the front desk, helping the civilians that come in with questions and concerns. This position is almost identical to a trainee position in the EMS; you cannot go off-duty and must prove that you can contribute activity to the faction. Every cadet takes part in mandatory training, where they learn about police procedures & prepare for examinations.

After 2-3 weeks of training, an exam is issued and if passed– the cadet now becomes a patrol officer. This means that they can now go on patrols alone with the permission of a higher up. One major difference between a patrol officer & cadet is the fact that a patrol officer can now respond to emergency calls; with the exception of another officer accompanying them. Of course, if you fail the exam, you’ll be demoted and kicked out of the force.

Both ranks listed above are given the default items that are given to every officer, with the exception of a patrol officer being given a badge upon promotion.

After becoming a patrol officer, one can be moved to the corporal rank depending on if they have displayed enough activity & can handle different situations with ease. This means that not only are they given new equipment, but also in charge of training other officers below them. If they chose to stick with the regular division, they are given permission to carry a Glock, and are promoted to sergeant.

Being promoted to corporal also comes with the opportunity to pursue a role in the detective division, being placed as the lowest rank– detective constable. This role is basically the same as a cadet, where they get trained by higher-ups in the same division and are still expected to take an examination after their training period.

The same promotional-process happens in the detective division, with a player being promoted to detective inspector. This role is a big step from the previous ones as the player is now trusted enough to be given a Glock and can carry it around 24/7. Training after this role requires supervision from a higher-up to see if they hold enough capability to eventually be promoted & grouped with the detective chief inspectors.

These specific individuals are the higher-ups of the force, being just below the commissioner, which is a rank that cannot be obtained through promotion.

FINES & ARRESTS
From common knowledge, there is a large variant within what can be fineable & what can lead to an arrest. This can vary from something as simple as jaywalking to something as serious as manslaughter. In most cases before the fine is given out, a verbal warning must be given out to the individual(s). Of course, there are times where warnings do not have to be given out & fines can be charged immediately, such as a minor being caught with alcohol in their possession.

Arrests, on another hand, are slightly more complex. Bail & jail time depends whether it’s a minor or major charge. An example of this could be the difference between major and minor weaponry where although they both fall under the same category, different bail are added onto the sentence as one weapon could be counted as more “extreme” such as a katana against a simple knife.

DANGER ZONES/TASER USE
Similar to how EMS have syringes filled with Midazolam out during patrol in high-rate criminal areas, police officers have the ability to wield tasers if patrolling a “criminal” area. If there’s ever a situation where there is a dangerous amount of water nearby, officers tend to have their batons out rather than tasers for precaution, making sure nobody can be harmed through electric-shock in water. If there is an individual who needs to be tased and the officer on-duty already has their taser unholstered, they must action tasing the individual— where it would be automatically honored.

Why is the Police important to SchoolRP?
Despite it being one of the server’s main attractions within school roleplay, there are still many other types of factions available, with one of the biggest factions being the criminal faction. Gang roleplay goes head to head with the police force as they balance each other out without one being too overpowered and without one or the other losing its purpose with the exciting action involved. The Police faction as a whole is crucial to SchoolRP for many reasons, it being one of the most important factions in SchoolRP, as it affects the server immensely. For example, gang roleplay is currently, I believe, gaining attraction once again with the new war breaking out and the rise of new gangs. With a stable police force, innocent civilians are able to go along with their daily lives with little to no issues regarding the law and dangers they may face while out and about. Players affiliated with the Police faction create characters that strive to protect the citizens and work hard to catch criminals which are complete opposites of those who intend to create characters to wreak havoc and disturb the peace. The members of the KPD are crucial not only for the server itself, but also for Karakura— which is notoriously known for having the highest crime rate in all of Japan.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Of course.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I completely acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I completely understand that training is mandatory. If, for some reason, I cannot attend training, I’ll be sure to let my trainer know beforehand.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Tomohisa Ōmori

Character's age:
Twenty-six (26)

Character's gender & pronouns:
Cisgender Male (He/Him)

Character's Academic Background
Masters in Criminal Justice.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
English & Dutch

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Tomohisa Ōmori has a friendly, good-natured demeanor; almost always smiling and acting polite towards everyone. Appearance wise, Tomohisa spoke in a smooth manner, with his hair a natural ginger tone that was usually styled into a low bun. In addition to this, he had light hazel eyes with sharp features. Although Tomohisa didn’t flaunt off a heavy build, he admittedly had a good physique; lightly-sculpted muscles to pair with his grueling job as a police officer. He stood at an average 5’9”, (176cm) with a small beauty mark decorating his neck that complemented his visage. Basically, he looked like an average, young cop that joined the force to protect others. Nothing really made him unique except for his hair colour, which he proudly flaunts off by growing it out. Alongside his twin, Nadja Ōmori, they shared the exact facial features, with Tomohisa's hair being slightly shorter than Nadja.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a professional setting, Tomohisa is, of course, professional and doesn’t budge in the slightest as he takes on his duties with utmost respect— knowing that being a police officer is not a job where he can nonchalantly play around. He displays both a respectful & stern persona while on the job as to not only be a good role model to his fellow officers but to as well the civilians residing in Karakura. Although it is somewhat obvious, Tomohisa has a strong sense of morality, which mostly stems from his upbringing. This usually results in him he will usually give criminals the benefit of the doubt whenever he deals with them. In a casual setting, Tomohisa will be much more relaxed than he would be on-duty, showing both restraint and discipline. Although he is a humble & kind individual, Tomohisa usually keeps to himself; being calm and composed.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
As per usual, Tomohisa shows great respect to each and every person of the force, putting all of his trust into every single member. He knows that they have all been through the same training that he has undergone, and would definitely put his life at risk for them. Teamwork is a big must for Tomohisa, as being a police officer is made up of a force rather than just one man. Eventually, he hopes to form a close bond with every member in the faction.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
As of right now, Tomohisa strongly sides with being a follower rather than a leader. This is because he is not fully confident in his skills to lead others, and would prefer to follow orders that are given to him. Although there is some hesitation between this decision, Tomohisa can be a leader at any given point in time. It takes courage to be a police officer, and that’s why Tomohisa is one. To protect others.

BACKSTORY
Born in the Netherlands were a pair of twins named Tomohisa Ōmori and Nadja Ōmori. As they were born into both a Dutch & Japanese family, the two had a normal childhood; being raised in a middle-class environment. One thing that the twins had to endure while growing up was the constant pressure from both their parents to succeed in life. For Nadja, it seemed as if life was already paved out for her— having been told all her life to follow family traditions to marry a man and take care of her children without attending secondary school. On the other hand, Tomohisa only had to worry about getting into a good university and faced no other pressure other than achieving high grades. Eventually, as the two started to reach adulthood, Nadja slowly distanced herself from the family, moving away to Japan with her cousins to pursue a career as a police officer. She had always wanted to become a police officer, risking her life for others and serving her community and eventually did become one, climbing up the ranks to land herself a position as a Police Sergeant. Tomohisa, on the other hand, felt conflicted after Nadja had moved to Japan. He had no particular hobbies or any interests that could lead into a career except his determination. The pressure from his family only worsened, and Tomohisa had finally chosen his major; Criminal Justice. Although he had been separated from his twin, Tomohisa also began his training as a police officer in the Netherlands, moving to Japan after obtaining his Masters degree. Now, with formal training as an officer, Tomohisa has applied to the KPD in hopes to reunite with his twin sister and to serve his country alongside her.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
Absolutely not. This falls under “Possession of Minor Illegal Weaponry” and is one of the many on the list of minor crimes. Owning a pocket knife in Karakura can result in both a criminal record and jail time.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Five medical items you can buy at the pharmacy in the hospital include:
  • Paracetamol (Maximum of five)
  • Lactulose (Maximum of five)
  • Eye patch (Maximum of two)
  • Cough Syrup (Maximum of two)
  • Surgical mask (Maximum of five)

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I would interject immediately— asking for the reasoning for such behavior. If the reason is simply because they’re a criminal, I would remind my co-workers that inmates are just as human as we are. Afterwards, I would split the group, making sure that the inmate is away from the co-workers that used physical force on them. If this behavior persists, I would collect evidence and report this issue to a higher-up.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Upon instantly seeing that my coworker is being assaulted, depending on how many are surrounding them, I’d either first call for backup or I’d quickly involve myself by unholstering my taser. After this, I would do one of two actions, either attempt to drag them off by force or I’d pepper spray them depending on the situation at hand. Following this, I would check the state of my co-worker, making sure nothing is serious and wait for backup to arrive. Once backup has come, I’d take the individual(s) to a nearby wall where I would proceed to cuff them and arrest them for committing assault against a government official.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
First and foremost, collecting evidence is crucial in a situation like this so I’d begin to slowly collect as much evidence as I can, making sure that the co-worker doesn’t suspect me during the whole process. After I believe a sufficient amount of viable evidence has been collected, I would bring it up with my higher-up(s), or even the commissioner.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
During a situation where a criminal would attempt to bribe me, I would deny the bribe almost immediately— letting them off with a verbal warning. If they still continue to attempt to try and persuade me into taking the bribe after already being given the verbal warning, I would fine them under the charge of bribery, though in the worst case scenario, if they do not pay or are not able to, I will attempt to lower the fine to as much as I can or I’d let them off with another warning.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread