Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

Cho0ii

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:

My discord is Rowan !#9853, I do not have a microphone.

List your timezone and country:

GMT/BST, Wales.

Describe your activity:

I have been very frequently active on the server. From joining SRP September last year and then creating my forum account March this year, I have kept a very steady activity. I come on for around 4-5 hours on working days (Monday - Friday), and around 6-7 during a weekend or holiday. I had one time in SRP where I was going to quit, however I shortly after (Around 2 -3 weeks later) decided against it and since have been active! I have participated in numerous SRP events, gangRP to even during my time in KPD during the Fight Club explosion. I've been very active on SRP in general and have kept active in all factions I have been in!

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:

I do in fact have one ban. I was banned recently for OOC Scamming by Lewk. This ban was for 14 days, however I appealed and it was accepted. I do think from that ban I did learn a thing or two about how I act towards other people, and how my actions can affect others. I did not at all intend to scam anyone, however I do see how it appeared as such and from that I had learned. I do not wish nor plan to be banned again and hope that I can keep my record clean going forwards.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

ACCEPTED:

KPD Application | 17/08/22

Professor Application | 18/07/22

HS Council Application | 22/04/22

Ban Appeal | 9/01/23

DENIED:

Surgeon Application | 16/07/22

KPD Application #2 | 02/12/22

Chef Application | 06/12/22

Shrine Application | 10/09/22

Teacher Application | 07/06/22

Shop Application | 14/12/22

Reporter Application | 30/12/22

Surgeon Application | 20/11/22

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

My motivation for joining comes in many different ways; A love for writing, a determination to improve my literacy skills, and many more. Rather than writing every detail in a long paragraph, I've decided to split it up into sections.

1. A love for writing

As long as I can remember I've loved writing. It's what fuels my passion in life, and even what I want to pursue when I'm older. When I came to SRP out of general interest, I never thought something like writing would be so closely related to it. Now after a year of playing SRP, I've come to know that a lot of my creative skills are linked to SRP, but most importantly writing is. Joining the Reporter faction would give me a greater opportunity to develop my skill, but also meet people who share a similar passion. I also get to focus solely on writing, rather than teaching children to write as I did in the professor faction, or marking down cases like I have in KPD. Joining the reporter faction gives me more opportunity to focus on writing and pursue something I love with a community I love, and benefiting that community with the creativity I bring to it. I may not be the best at writing, and I may not be the worst, but I love to write as much as any other reporter would, and I want to use that loves and dedicate it to a faction I aspire to be in.

2. Determination to achieve

As you may see, I was denied for reporter in the past. I was rather sad about the denial, as it got me thinking "What did I do wrong?" and I wanted to know how I could improve upon my own writing for next time. And although after clearing it up with Aania my writing was not the problem but my character, I still had a burning determination to improve, and eventually make it into the faction I aspire to join. So within the time I had away from applying, I practiced, and improved, so I could bring more to the table and the team. That determination has turned into a motivation, a motivation to say "Hey, I know I can do this, and I know I can make it into this faction!", so I fueled that determination into my motivation, and I brought it here.

3. Friends in unfamiliar places

Having never properly worked in a team before (other than coordinating NuggetSMP Lore) I've never really made friends who share a similar passion to me. Writing in a team is almost alien to me, and because of that making friends with a similar interest in writing is alien too, but this didn't turn into "I'll never make friends in this team." but instead turned into "I'm determined to make friends in this team!". I've always kept optimistic about writing, and when realizing that the reporter faction not only offers an opportunity to join something I love, but also gives the possibility of friendships revolved around a similar interest, I became more motivated to achieve Reporter, and meet new and interesting people to befriend, and learn with.

4. A desire to improve

Finally, my motivation for joining comes from a desire to improve. Any good writer knows no book is finished unless improvement is made, and I find that to improve, I need to start a new book, that book being the Reporter faction! Many may think that the reporter faction only provides "Reports" but it provides so much more! It provides the opportunity to learn, and improve, to write, and read. And from that writing and reading comes improvement, which with every person changing as time moves, is essential to adapt to the changing demands on SRP.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

I'd say I have a decent experience with writing.

From detailRP, to writing my own novel, I've gained a wide experience in all types of writing. I started to properly write around age 10, when I first tried to write a story called 'The Nightmare-Man', A fantasy book about a girl who was always plagued with horrifying nightmares, but eventually these nightmares began to come to life, and she wanted to find out why. This was probably the start of my interest in writing, but also where I first gained experience in writing, and as time went on I improved my writing.

from ages 11-12 I started to attend a writing club in my primary school, then secondary school, which really helped round out my ability in writing. I became a more capable writer and improved a lot from these clubs. I also gained experience from general reading, as I also share a love for reading, and often remember certain words from books which had given me a more advanced vocabulary.

Around the end of 2021 I started playing SRP, and began detailRPing. This definitely benefited my skills and has given me a much greater experience in writing. I've gone through many types of roleplay, gangRP, professorRP, TrackRP, ParentRP, councilRP, PoliceRP, and many more. From this I've gained experience in many sectors of RP, which has really improved my experience and quality of work.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:

Yes, I am aware of them and will follow them as wished.

Why should we accept you over others?:

I think I possess traits that will assist in the reporting faction. I tend to be a truthful person, and I take responsibility for my actions. I know how to collect myself well in many situations and although I am known to let my emotions slip sometimes I've never let them slip when it comes to reporting. I have gained a lot of experience in writing, not only from SRP but from real life experiences as well, and along with this I've educated myself well on the faction, and SRP as a whole. I know there may well be people who other better than me, and may suit the job better than me but this is what I will bring to the table and I believe it makes me a better candidate for the reporters faction. I may not be a world renowned novelist, on the lore team, or an English literature student, but I have many skills, traits, and a good personality to put on the table and give to the team.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)

Yes, I understand this and will write reports with a neutral tone throughout my time as a reporter.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:

Yes, I trust I will be able to remain decently active, along with writing reports regularly to complete my monthly qouta.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

As someone who is close friends with 2 reporters, and personally knowing 4 of them, I have a brief idea of what the reporting faction is like, and how I imagine it to be like.

I hope and imagine the reporter faction and role to be enjoyable, comfortable, along with having people I can rely on within the staff. I imagine the job to be simple, no complications, and a generally fun environment to be in. I imagine that I will be able to make friends easy, and enjoy my time within the faction.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

Adaryn Rodrique

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)

Rodrique, I do not use my first name.

My Title is Ms.

Current Age (25+):

26; 22 February 1997.

Past job/work experience:

18 - 22: Bartender

During my teen years I moved back to my hometown Cwmbran to stay with a friend while I made my move over to college in England. When I moved over to England, I decided to get a job so I could sustain myself, but also pay off my student loans. I managed to pick up a job as a bartender, and worked there for around 4 years while I did my college and university course. It gave me a good experience in working with people, and I definitely became more charismatic from this experience!

23 - 25: Journalist

Around a year after my university graduation I moved back to Japan, settling in Otaka, where I was employed as a journalist. I kept at my job, and grew my passion of journalism, however I moved back to Karakura 2 years later, rather homesick, as the tow had become my home.

Degree/qualifications:

PhD

Degree in Journalism, Mathematics, and Japanese Literature.

Bachelor

Degree in Psychology, and Education.

Nationality and born location:

Citizenship for Wales, I was born in South Wales.

Phone Number:

030-662-6987

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

I'd say I'm a rather professional person. I've always been mature, growing up with a high level of intelligence. I describe myself as a well-rounded citizen. I tell the difference between right and wrong and understand my mistakes. I find that I am caring, kind, and patient, with a good mindset and a good idea of how I wish for others to see me. I find many think of me as strict, or sometimes bossy, but I only appear like that because I care about my quality of work. Hard work pays off; for that to happen, the entire team needs to pull their weight, and I find my attitude makes that happen!

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

My writing interests mainly lay within Law and Justice, Karakura Education, and environmental topics e.g. the wild bears. I plan to achieve valid reports on these topics by keeping a professional and neutral tone, by keeping calm in all situations, and by always sticking to facts, not fraud. As for my comfort zone, I am fully prepared to surpass my limits, going past the line of which bars me inside my comfort zone. Coming out of it will not only improve my skills but also open my mind to more creative and diverse topics that I may enjoy reporting on.

What are your expectations for the job?:

Having worked as a Journalist in the past, I understand what the job is like, and what I expect from myself when working and the job.

I expect from the job a good work ethic, well-rounded co-workers, and a group of individuals well experienced in team work! For any team to succeed we need a good work ethic. A good working environment, good pay, decent workers and a base line of rules to keep us all in check. Any job needs a good work ethic, but in a job where you're cramped in an officer for hours a day writing, it's crucial that a good work ethic is there, along with good working conditions, and I know KNS (Karakura News Station) can provide that! I also expect a good set of well-rounded co-workers. Any team needs a group of kind, intelligent, hard working individuals to flourish. We want the best we can get, so we can not only provide top notch reports but also work well together, without arguement or bickering. Having worked as a reporter in the past I know good co-workers are crucial to are success, and I expect KNS to be full of these hard working individuals. And finally, I expect team work. I expect all my co-workers to be able to work in a team, with coordination and cooperation, to achieve the best we can in our job. Team work is essential in any job, but in a job like reporting, we have no report without teamwork, that is why I expect and know that KNS can provide exactly that.

Now I've talked about what I expect of my co-workers and KNS, but what do I expect of myself? I expect myself to act responsibly, remain with my neutral tone, to benefit my team, but also make friends along the way. I expect myself to be a responsible person. Take responsibility for my actions, and bare the consequences of them, whether good or bad. Responsibility is keg to success. I expect myself to keep a neutral tone throughout my reports, remaining professional, but also not showing any biased. I expect and know I can do this, and I will not let the team down. And finally, I expect myself to make friends. My co-workers are friends, not foe, and I expect that when I join this job I will be able to make friends easily, interact with people without difficulty, and also remain professional throughout my work.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:

I do not have a criminal record, I was always taught that life is made for good acts not bad!

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

Welsh, Gaelic, Spanish.

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

Hello citizens of Karakura, and welcome to another report brought to you by KNS! My name is Adaryn Rodrique and today I will be discussing the stressful, but most important topic of Karakura's bear population. Within this report I will be discussing the history of the bears, why they pose an issue and what the current plan to stop the current attacks of our fury beasts.

History Of The Bears

For as long as Karakura has been a place of life the bears have lived with us, but when did they really get here? And why in such a residential spot? Before Karakura was first created, our now bustling city was barely bigger than a few houses and a couple shops, but as we expanded our city, we came to realize we weren't the only living inhabitance of this place. Within the woods of Karakura slept, ate, and lived the bears. They were here before us, so we decided to keep them with us, this was their home, and we weren't going to disturb it! To compromise with the ever growing population of Karakura, it was decided that an area would be sectioned off as a local woods, to preserve the natural beauty of the land, but also provide a home for the docile bears.

At the time, this was the best idea. The bears slumbered, silent and lazy in their caves, while we thrived as a community, however the issue was only presented when citizens took the boundaries of nature too far. Members of our community began to anger the bears, trying to enter the cave, mocking the docile, yet vicious beasts, and some even began hunting them for sport; Bear poaching. The bears only stuck to their instincts, and as the citizens took the mockery of the creatures, they began to attack; don't poke a sleeping bear unless you understand the consequences. The bears began to grow violent, and Karakura's mortality rate shot threw the roof, with bear attacks becoming almost the norm. To combat the ever growing disrespect towards the bears, the KPD began to seek restrictions to keep the bears safe, and the law against disruption of nature was introduced, the bear attack rate declining slowly.

The Problem
Although the problem began to decline, the issue did not disappear. Bear attacks became extremely common in Karakura, with phone calls to the KPD regarding the attacks averaging 3 a day. Because of these attacks, people were left injured, with missing limbs, severe cuts, missing eyes, and some even were left to rest. Because of the growing attacks, in the end the KPD began to kill off the bears in certain attacks to ensure the safety of the citizens. This outraged many members of our community, some becoming angered by the death brought to the species, but no one looked into the reason behind the bears aggressive behaviour, and so these attacks have plagued Karakura since.

Many because of the violence shown towards the bears have accused the KPD of being animal slaughterers, killing the animals meaninglessly, and with no remorse, however others have argued against this statement, saying the police only wish to do their job and keep the citizens of Karakura safe and out of danger.

Plan Of Action
So what is going to happen to combat these violent attacks, and when will they go into action? Currently, there is none. As far as the public are aware, the KPD and government have no plan to try and combat the bear situation more efficiently and effectively. Many have suggested that be provide a sort of sanctuary for the bears, an enclosure where they would be safe, however it is argued the bears do not deserve this, being the first to inhabit the area. Due to the lack of action, many citizens blame the KPD for the loss of life, and say they aren't doing enough to provide safety for us.

After conducting a small survey, it has been revealed that 1 in 5 members of our community will suffer some sort of physical injury due to the now violent beasts outbursts. Many say that this is because of the disrespect towards the bears, however many others argue it to be the fault of KPD not taking action against the situation.

Hopefully the KPD can work together to figure out the best move to bring back the peaceful life of the bears, and the safety of Karakura. Thank you for reading, my name is Adaryn Rodrique this report is brought to you by KNS and I hope you have a wonderful day.

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

Hello, and good day to all who may be reading. My name is Adaryn Rodrique, and today I shall be diving into the haunted, the paranormal, and as some believe, impossible. Today I will be diving into the alleged hauntings of Karakura Forest.

Now, rather than presenting my own information and research, as it may be inferior, I have decided to interview a young girl, targeted by these alleged ghosts that haunt our very wilderness. Today I will be interviewing Sophia Zennix, an 18 year old girl native to Spain.

[!] Below would be a voice recording of the interview between Ms. Rodrique and Ms. Zennix [!]

Red -
Adaryn Rodrique
Green - Sophia Zennix

AR:
"So, firstly I would like to introduce myself! My name is Ms. Rodrique, you may just call me Rodrique. And you are?"

SZ:
"My name is Sophia Zennix, please call me Khione however."

AR:
"Alrighty! Well Khione, I have been made aware you had an encounter with an alleged Ghost, is this correct?"

SZ:
"A demon, I would prefer to call it, and yes that statement is more or less true."

AR:
"Could you describe your encounter with the so called demon?"

SZ:
"It was like. . . All the happiness of the world had just left, like there was nothing there... Only the moaning of the oak trees.."

AR:
"Ah, so you felt some sort of spiritual connection almost? Like it presence had drained your own connection with the world almost?"

SZ:
"Y-yes almost exactly like that."

AR:
"Ah, I see. So at any point during your experience did you see the alleged demon? Or was it more like it was present with you at that time?"

SZ:
"Yes, I did see the demon."

AR:
"Could you describe its physical features? If any, as I'm aware you saw it as more of a dust like figure."

SZ:
"It was tall, sad like. It felt like the sky was baring down on my shoulders when in its presence."

AR:
"Ah, so it was like a paining sort of feeling when it appeared?"

SZ:
"Yes, that is accurate."

AR:
"Now, only if you feel comfortable, could you describe how the event unfolded?"

SZ:
"I was in the woods, looking over a blazing fire, my face numb, and then it suddenly felt like the happiness had been sucked from my surroundings. I sat there, looking around. Scared. My friend was playing with this stupid board, and that's when I felt it... This cold hand on my shoulder... I'd jumped forwards in fear, a little too far- I ended up with my hand burned slightly by the edge of the fire. That's when I saw it... This dust like figure staring over my friends shoulder..."

AR:
"Do you wish to share any further of the story?"

SZ:
"No.. thanks.."

AR:
"So I assume this event has left you with both mental and physical scars?"

SZ:
"Y-yes, definitely physical."

AR:
"How was your friend after the incident? In a similar state, better or worse?"

SZ:
"Far.. Far worse. . ."

AR:
". . . I see.. It says here you were an devout believer in the none paranormal? A couple posts on your Onrain show your opinion about ghosts, stating you believe they're not real? Did this event change that idea?"

SZ:
"We learn from our mistakes... I believe my disbelief in the paranormal lead me to that situation, and now that I am in belief, I shall be left in peace."

AR:
"I see. Alrighty, well that will be it for now, anything you wish to say before we finish?"

SZ:
"Sticks and stones wont break your bones, but experience will make you cry. So once you cry those tears, it's time to move on and say goodbye."

AR:
"Alright then! Thank you for your time and I hope to see you healthy and well soon!"

[!] The tape would cut off, the slight push of a swing door heard, descending footsteps leading afterwards [!]

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵

Well, this certainly was an eye opener. Thank you all for reading, listening, and taking the time out of your day to read about this topic. My name is Adaryn Rodrique, this is a report of Karakura's paranormal, and I hope you have a good day!

[OOC]
Additional Information:

any statistics used within these reports are purely to stress difficulties and to show my writing capabilities.

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application!

Users who are viewing this thread