Rich+
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

Cho0ii [Main]
Cho0iiAlt [Alt]
NotCho0ii [Alt]

I will be applying with my main, Cho0ii.

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Chooi#2761

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
GMT/BST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
None.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I usually come on for around 2-3 hours on weekdays if I am not busy with school work and such, and during the weekends for around 5, as during weekends I have to help around the house and do other OOC jobs. I try to stay as active as possible and try to get on most days, however I'm usually on 4-5 days a week.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have a brief understanding of the religion. Shintoism is seen to have no founder, as there is no sacred scriptures. The religion believes that humans are good, however can be made to do morally bad things by 'Evil spirits'. These spirits exist in trees, mountains, rivers, human creations, and general people. It is believed these spiritual powers are Kami. The kami is believed to be a spiritual/supernatural entity that lives in all things. Shinto is described as a optimistic faith. It is believed to be eight million kami, who are recognized as divine gods in Shintoism. Eight million is considered to be synonymous with infinity in Shintoism. There is one main kami, called Amaterasu, the sun goddess. Others kami include her brother Susanoo, the wind and sea god, Okuninushi and Takamimusubi, and the creator gods Izanami and Izanagi. Kami are also considered powerful forces if nature such a earthquakes. In order for Shintoists to keep themselves away from bad spirits, they perform rituals of purification, prayers, aswell as offerings. Some key festivals in Shintoism include Aki Matsuri, or Niiname-sai; Harvest Festival, and Haru Matsuri, or Toshigoi-no-Matsuri; Prayer for Good Harvest Festival, and Sanja Matsuri is the most important festival, and considered one of the largest and wildest festivals of all. Shintoists often have Omamori, which are dedicated to particular Shinto kami. Although I don't know much about the religion, I am fully ready to learn much more to take on my role.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
What makes me stand out most would probably be my dedication to the role, and the balance I've made between my IRL and my ICLY. I've managed to get myself into a flow that makes it easy for me to put a lot of dedication into the role, but also handle my IRL. I also love Shintoism, I consider it a very interesting religion, and I always want to learn more about it. I show lots of dedication to my roles, and I plan to put lots of dedication into my role as a priest, as well as taking the right steps to refine my knowledge of Shintoism. I plan to put a lot of effort into my role, and as someone who stresses a lot about getting things right, I will try my hardest to make the environment in shrine good, as well as learning a lot from my fellow shrine priests and maidens.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes I understand this, and hope to learn more about the role soon!
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Tsumagi Zennix Heishi

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Divorced, single.

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
English and Korean.

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-662-6987

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
"As a Shinto women I am very passionate about my religion. I want to put as much effort as I can towards my religion, and as a Maiden of the shrine I can do that. I am very faithful to my religion, it means a lot to me, and I wish to push my faithfulness further, by dedicating my work life to my religion. My religion guides me through my life and putting a further effort towards it will improve my faithfulness to it, as well as educating people further on the religion."

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
"I myself am not too familiar with the History of the shrine, I know as much as it was built during June of 744, however shortly after a tragic fire was to burn it down. The kami that lives within the shrine had the name of Yama-No-Kami, and that's about it! I'm not too knowledgeable on the history of the shrine, but I could most definitely learn as I work within the shrine!"

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

[!] The letter would be written with swirly cursive handwriting, in a ash black colour [!]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am in hopes this is to reach you well. I am in request of a position as a Maiden to the Shinto Shrine. I am well experienced within the field, with a understanding of the religion as a Shinto women, as well as the Shrines tasks, and the care of the shrine. I was raised into a very strict Shintoist family, my mother a faithful Shinto, as well as my Father. I have grown into the belief, that has shown me and lead me to my experience within the religion. Before my time in Karakura, I was a Shrine helper at my first loves home towns shrine, at which I was given a Shintoist wedding, where I was married to my first love. I had worked at the shrine for around 2 years before my divorce with my first love, at which I moved to Karakura with my first child, where I raised her aswell into the religion. As a very faithful Shinto women, I wish to put as much of my energy and time into my religion, and as a Maiden of the shrine, I may do as such. I hope this as reached your mind, and I wish to work for you shortly.

yours sincerely,
Tsumagi Z. Heishi

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Tsumagi was born to the Heishi Family in Korea, as one of the Heishi twins; herself, and her sister Sophia Heishi. Her mother was a devout Shinto women, a Maiden of their local Shinto shrine; her mother raised her to the religion. Her father was a lawyer, faithful to the religion of Shinto, although not as much as her dearest mother. From birth Tsumagi was raised into Shintoism, a string believer in the evil spirits and the Kami, her sister almost the exact same. Tsumagi grew with the influence of her mother, a love for her religion. Around the time the identical twins reached age 5, her mother came to her first divorce, her father she was told had a Evil spirit telling him to do his bidding, as the reason for him to cheat on his wife. Her mother became consumed with sorrow for her divorce, she felt as if she failed as a mother and wife. Around age 5, the twins mother became fearful of love, as she had fallen for the priest she worked aside in the shrine. Due to the overwhelming fear, she resigned from her position, as she began to work as a High school teacher of RE.

As Tsumagi grew, she noticed the sickening of her mother, she felt as if the divorce took apart of her mother, and without the love in her life, she became unstable, and began to crumble. Around this time Tsumagi had just turned if age 8, her mother began to see a man of her work, an art teacher, who she herself adored as a father. After 5 months if her mother seeing her new love, she found out she was to be pregnant with her first child with the new love. At 9, both Sophia and Tsumagi became the eldest sisters of the Heishi, their younger brother Taichi, now a honoured member of the living family. The family continued to grow, as the family raised each child into the Shinto religion.

By the time Tsumagi was of age of college, her mother remarried her step-father. At this time the family get completed, but as the family flourished, her mother grew sicker by the day. And as Tsumagi was about to leave for her bachelors degree in the capital of Korea, her mother passed away; her step-father fleeing at the news, leaving Tsumagi and Sophia to fend for the family. At the time, Tsumagi wasn't prepared for a life with kids, and so, the three siblings were brought into foster care. At this time the dream of college in her home country was out of grasp of Tsumagi, her siblings being sent to separate homes, each adopted by different families she had assumed. Tsumagi turned age 20, no education left for her, she felt forgotten, but her hopes became high once more. At the time Tsumagi was almost out of time to apply for college, a loving women a couple or so years older than Tsumagi took her under arm as an older sister; Elizabeth Zennix, around 2 years older than Tsumagi.

Elizabeth brought the girl back to her home of Karakura; an island off the coast of Japan. Here she was taught of the language Gaelic and Japanese, and enrolled to Karakura Community college. At the time, she began her education in REP, where she met her first love; Hiroshi Gonzo, a student at the college learning Physical Education. At her first sights of him she fell in love, around 3 months after their meeting the two began to date. Tsumagi continued to educate herself, Her Sister By her side each step. Around age 23, as Tsumagi was of age of graduation, herself and her love married, wedded by the Shinto shrine of Karakura, giving Tsumagi a glimpse of her future. After her first wed, Tsumagi and her first love moved in together, a small apartment in the shopping district if Karakura; at the time Tsumagi began considering her future. Around a year after their wedding, Tsumagi became pregnant with her first child. Her spouse was not too eager on keeping the baby, and said to give up the child after it's birth; at which Tsumagi became repulsed by the idea. Tsumagi refused to give up the baby, and her spouse in refusal to have a child, demanded a divorce, at which Tsumagi agreed; she felt disgusted by his presence. After her late divorce, her ex-spouse moved out, and she began to prepare for the birth of her first child. Around age 25, Tsumagi gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and named her Sophia, after her twin sister. Shortly after her birth, she began looking for a place of work, and found a job helping in a shrine of her first lovers hometown.

And so, she moved across Japan to fat Tokyo where she began working for around 2 years. After her 2 years of work, the female decided she wished to move back to her home of Karakura, and seek work in that area. And so, she looked for work in that area, wishing to find a job related to the religion that she loved dearly.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

A Shinto Maiden is usually a young female, referred to as a Miko in some cases. Shrine Maiden are usually tasked to perform kagura; A dance that is used to satisfy shrine deities using a Kagura suzu, conducted exorcisms, practiced divinations, and acted oracles. For shrine Priests, their main role in the shrine is to ensure a satisfactory relationship between the Kami and the worshipper through offerings, evocation of the kami, and meditation. These jobs will be done within the shrine.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
When entering the Shrine, you will find a rack at where you are to wash your hands to purify yourself before entering the religious space. This is to be done with a wooden ladle; you are to fill it with water, taking it in one hand, pouring it over the other, and doing the same for the other hand. After doing so you are to wash out the ladle and wash out your mouth; this is believed to clear you of all impurities, and now you may enter the shrine.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
When someone is to enter the shrine, they will give the shrine staff (priest) their offering, presenting it to them. Upon presenting the offering the priest will place the offering on the offering table, at which they will let the Kami know you have made an offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea bowl is to be placed on the Tatami mat before the person who is taking the ritual, the front should be facing towards themselves. The participant is asked to pick it up with their right hand, placing it on their left palm, after so they will be asked to rotate their tea cup 90 degrees as to make its front no longer face you. Once doing so they will take a couple sips of the tea, placing it back upon the mat.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Kagura Suzu:

This object is a set of 12 bells used in a Kagura Dance. The bells have three tiers, at which each bell is suspended by a wire attached to a handle. There is 2 bells on the top tier, 4 on the middle, and six upon the last tier. The item gets the word suzu as it consists of small bells; suzu meaning small bells. There are 2 types, a small noe and a large, the large suspended from rafters, while the other is held by a female shrine participant, costumed in the traditional robes, white-powered face, and wearing Heian-period coiffure during the performance of the Kagura Dance.

Tamagushi:
It is a form of Shinto offering, made from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton. At Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi and other ceremonies at Shinto shrines, tamagushi are presented to the kami by shrine maidens or priests.

Ofuda:
An Ofuda is a sort of amulet or talisman printed upon a small piece of paper. Certain kinds of ofuda are intended for a different purpose for example as protection against calamity or misfortune, safety within home, or finding love.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Omoikane, the deity of wisdom, his name meaning "serving one's thoughts.". Tsumagi would be faithful to him most likely due to her appreciation for intellect.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Thank you for applying to the shrine, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread