Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+

IGN: wwish
DATE: 3rd December
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
CLARITY OF HOW THE TRANSLATION FOR JAPAN TO ENGLISH WORKS!!!

There's this basic rule right, that everything that's said in roleplay chat- is in japanese though I think a little clearity on what's translated and not would be convenient- Especially for characters who don't even know hi in english. Here's a list of things that clarification on would be nice..

SHOP NAME'S- Whether or not a shop name is said in english or japanese always bothered me- Considering there's a mix of both

POP CULTURE MUSIC NAME'S AND LYRICS- Again, is this said in japanese or english?! If there hasn't been an official translation of the certain song to japanese- Can you say it at all?!

BRANDS- If you have Gucci , iphone, samsung and everyhting- would this be said in japanese...?! Since gucci isn't exactly ENGLISH but it isn't JAPANESE either... So would it just be it... - And if this brand had a JAPANESE ver of it's name would it have to change/?!??!?!

WORDS ALREADY IN JAPANESE- Still japanese, in chat??????

I don't know just like a post about how translation works would be excellent-!

[IMAGES IF ANY]

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
POP CULTURE MUSIC NAME'S AND LYRICS- Again, is this said in japanese or english?! If there hasn't been an official translation of the certain song to japanese- Can you say it at all?!
i like to think of it as.... like huge artists like ariana grande who are known worldwide will be on japanese tv and all and same for the one time lady gaga was on mnet in korea
.... so i would say it doesnt / shouldnt really matter if you talk about a song ICly that is only in english, korean, etc.. with not japanese translation

BRANDS- If you have Gucci , iphone, samsung and everyhting- would this be said in japanese...?! Since gucci isn't exactly ENGLISH but it isn't JAPANESE either... So would it just be it... - And if this brand had a JAPANESE ver of it's name would it have to change/?!??!?!
pretty sure brand names are also are the same in most places, correct me if im wrong... but same thing for what i said above but not reallyyy
with the whole spoken rule, everything you say icly is japanese, couldnt you just take it as you are saying gucci in japanese, etc for other brands

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Japanese might be somewhat weird when it comes to foreign words.
As example let's use "Apple", which is an English word. "Apple" in Japanese is said りんご (ringo), however it's used for apple as the fruit's name. So, Japanese has a syllabarium called "katakana", and Japanese people use it to write foreign words. So, for Apple (the English trademark) it's written as "アップル (appuru) and with this we are already talking about Apple, the trademark. As for Gucci that is not an English not a Japanese word, the name in Japanese would be グッチ (gucchi). I don't exactly get if that's what you mean, but I'm dropping this for you. If you need or want to know more, feel free to reach out to me on discord.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
i like to think of it as.... like huge artists like ariana grande who are known worldwide will be on japanese tv and all and same for the one time lady gaga was on mnet in korea
.... so i would say it doesnt / shouldnt really matter if you talk about a song ICly that is only in english, korean, etc.. with not japanese translation

pretty sure brand names are also are the same in most places, correct me if im wrong... but same thing for what i said above but not reallyyy
with the whole spoken rule, everything you say icly is japanese, couldnt you just take it as you are saying gucci in japanese, etc for other brands
yhhh i suppose gucci would be the same thing said in japanese??? maybe with a bit of an accent???? though again, closure on how translations works would be more convenient

Users who are viewing this thread