Relateablemans

Level 4
Unrelatable
Unrelatable
Rich+
IGN: RelateableMans
DATE: 16/7/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A new command for teachers and professors.
/class speak [allow/deny] (username) , a command that denies or allows people to speak in class, which is always off at the start of a class. Students will only be allowed to use /me and /it
As well as updating the /raisehand command to make it where it actions when the person does the command, and sends a notification to the teacher via chat that only they can see, which can help assist /class speak. (And also give it a minute cooldown.)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This can prevent interruptions in the middle of classes so that they are more enjoyable, and faster. This can also prevent teachers from quitting their job because greenies and other people yell all the time and interrupt (no offense). The main reason a lot of teachers either quit or don't host classes is because it is so overwhelming, by adding and updating those two commands, it can prevent this overwhelming feeling, it may still be a tiny bit stressful, but it way less more then it would be before!

Oliverium

Level 55
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Disruptions are annoying, but this would make it unrealistic. There's already some things you can do when teaching to "silence" people such as warning them, threatening detention (which they must fearRP), /kicking them out, and so on. If they still fail to listen, staff can also assist if needed. Straight up silencing people would make them upset, bored, and dislike schoolRP in general.

MuffinCat

Level 85
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Whilst it might be annoying to some teacher/professors when someone speaks and wont stop speaking there are IC ways of dealing with it, for example if someone is disrupting the class and misbehaving you can tell them if they don't stop they'll receive detention. Or another solution is the /class kick command, if a player is refusing to listen to you, you can remove them from the class all together. If players aren't allowed to speak during a class it would remove RP aspects of the class, like when the students are whispering about something, or when something unexpected happen. All things that makes a class exciting for player and more interactive!

philbertman42

Level 143
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Just become better at being a teacher. Sounds mean, but it's just the truth; as a veteran teacher who has (mostly) been in the faction since 2019, this type of thing often isn't a problem because I've learned how to deal with it. The truth, however, is that you really don't even need that much experience, as long as you're properly following the training and actually disciplining students ICly.

My advice is to just get comfortable kicking people who slow you down, and stop bending over backwards for people. As a teacher, you are the authority in that room, and if someone is challenging it, remove them. I understand that roleplaying out disciplinary stuff is nice and cool and all, but you only have 20 minutes to engage your 28+ students in an interesting activity, meaning you mostly don't have time to focus on one specific person. Additionally, you shouldn't treat your student friends any differently from other students either, otherwise the rest of your class will follow their lead and things become chaotic real fast. It's your activity, not theirs: don't let them take it from you.

TLDR: Be the boss in the room and /class kick people if they're being disruptive, literally as easy as that.

Arocatula

Level 195
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
I haven’t played SRP in a while but I have been a teacher and I find this unnecessary. All it takes is just to be better at controlling students, it’s also a bit unrealistic because they are not meant to slap a piece of cheese on students mouths and now they shut up. (I don’t know I think too many weird things)

KimiNoUso

Level 344
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread